Bellazon

News

Neo52285

I just read this...maybe it's not a reliable source but it's still news...

from nzherald.co.nz

Gisele Bundchen quits as the face of Victoria's Secret

Wednesday May 02, 2007

Gisele Bundchen has quit as the face of Victoria's Secret lingerie, because they reportedly would not increase her US$5 million ($6.7m) annual salary.

Gisele Bundchen has quit as the face of Victoria's Secret lingerie, because they reportedly would not increase her US$5 million annual salary.

The Brazilian supermodel ? who formerly dated Leonardo DiCaprio ? was the top Victoria's Secret Angel but has now ended her contract after they allegedly refused to meet her financial demands.

"Her demands were outrageous," a source told Brazilian website Glamurana. "She got a new lawyer who was unrealistic.

"Victoria's Secret doesn't care. They have five new hotter, younger girls debuting next year. And they won't have to deal with any craziness."

Gisele's sister, Patricia Bundchen, confirmed the model had broken off her contract talks with the lingerie company.

A representative for Victoria's Secret declined to comment.

- BANG! SHOWBIZ

Man that sucks! Gisele was the one that got me loving VS In the first place lol It's going to be weird watching the shows without seeing her in it. I mean, who's going to open it up? Plus i'm going to miss seeing her in the catalogue and the store. She can sell products like no other.

yes it's really truth

from sky.com

Gisele's Secret Split

Fellas, prepare to wipe off those tears.

Brazilian bombshell Gisele Bundchen will no longer be strutting her stuff for Victoria's Secret.

Gisele and the sexy lingerie company have parted ways after the supermodel's contract came to an end.

Victoria's Secret CEO Edward Razek said in a statement: "The long and fruitful relationship between Gisele Bundchen and Victoria's Secret has reached a conclusion.

Gisele at the Victoria's Secret fashion show

Gisele at the Victoria's Secret fashion show

"We wish her all the best and thank her for her extraordinary work. She will continue to be a very visible part of the world's sexiest brand through the remainder of the year."

The New York Post's Page Six had first reported that the 26-year-old was allegedly splitting with the lingerie company because it wouldn't raise her $5 million-a-year salary.

However, at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in Los Angeles back in November, Gisele revealed it was time for a change.

She told People mag: "I would like to have different chapters in my life. I mean let's be honest - I do this because it's my job.

"I'm not this girl all the time. People have a perception of me because of Victoria's Secret that I'm sexy, but I'm not a sexy girl. I'm very tomboyish."

i can't believe they are going to have five new girls debuting next year... maybe they just mean as models and not as angels. i couldn't see them having 10 angels... it's supposed to be an exclusive club, you know? i can really only see them bringing one or two new angels into the mix.

Yeah, I should think they just mean catalogue models? Then again I wouldn't be suprised if Heidi moves on fairly soon though: then there'd be Ale, KK, Adriana, Selita, Izabel and Miranda who seems to have taken Gisele's place - plus 5. It does seem rather too much....unless one is Rosie Huntington-Whitley and then I'll cope with it! :D

Not even on her wildest dreams Alessandra could replace Gisele as the lead model of VS. She just doesn't have it all, she's not an icon, not a celebrity, she's just a catalog model. Same goes for Adriana, Karolina, Izabel or any of the other models.

Gisele was the only one capable of bring attention and people talked about her in the first place, about 'Gisele Bundchen'. Now they can only talk about the 'VS models'.

Not even on her wildest dreams Alessandra could replace Gisele as the lead model of VS. She just doesn't have it all, she's not an icon, not a celebrity, she's just a catalog model. Same goes for Adriana, Karolina, Izabel or any of the other models.

Gisele was the only one capable of bring attention and people talked about her in the first place, about 'Gisele Bundchen'. Now they can only talk about the 'VS models'.

no more comments... he said everything

I don't know why, but when I heard this news I laughed wat too hard. I don't know. I can just invision the discussion in my head and its almost a farce. I like Gisele, one of the best bodies I've ever seen, but I can totally see Alessandra 'taking her place' so to speak. Aless is already the favorite Angel. People are just going to be wheened off of Gisele, slowly but surely, Gisele is going to be in the back of peoples minds as far as VS is concerned. It's a shame, Gisele really was great, but I'm ready for a change.