Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

Candice's 'British Invasion' Fittings (for the 2013 VSFS):

adjtmjel.jpg adxiYcAU.jpg adoIGZov.jpg abbGxBKP.jpg adhODAoz.jpg acdtIHaN.jpg addt0fT6.jpg abf7XslN.jpg

i think it all looks great. I think the crown is a good size b/c a bigger crown would have looked obnoxious and taken away from the FB. It looks very British, the gloves are too, they look like something Queen Elizabeth would wear, which is what it's all based on. When has the Queen ever worn red gloves? No, just no :no: Remember that this is based on British Royal style. A tiara would have looked too princess. Candice is a QUEEN not a mere princess. Tiara=Kate Middleton. Crown=Queen Elizabeth.

Candice's 'British Invasion' Fittings (for the 2013 VSFS):

adjtmjel.jpg adxiYcAU.jpg adoIGZov.jpg abbGxBKP.jpg adhODAoz.jpg acdtIHaN.jpg addt0fT6.jpg abf7XslN.jpg

i think it all looks great. I think the crown is a good size b/c a bigger crown would have looked obnoxious and taken away from the FB. It looks very British, the gloves are too, they look like something Queen Elizabeth would wear, which is what it's all based on. When has the Queen ever worn red gloves? No, just no :no: Remember that this is based on British Royal style. A tiara would have looked too princess. Candice is a QUEEN not a mere princess. Tiara=Kate Middleton. Crown=Queen Elizabeth.

My point exactly. This is an outfit based on a classic look of a British queen, not a "let's crown our queen Candice". Although they could be a little flexible about the gloves and not make her wear them, I guess it wouldn't be too faithful to the whole idea of a queen. Once again, we love Candice and she is like a queen to us, but her outfit is part of a whole concept and changing those things would take the concept away.

^ I don't think a British Queen has every worn something so sexy.  She would probably be burned at the stake for witchcraft.  British Queens are far more conservative.

Well obviously :banghead: . They are just using them as inspiration.

post-42006-0-1446056498-99241_thumb.jpgpost-42006-0-1446056499-02805_thumb.jpg

Wednesday, 11/ 6/2013 10:25 PM
You Need to See What's Happening at the Back of This Victoria's Secret Model's Hair

The one-side-swept-back hair trend is going strong, and when I see this hairstyle on celebrities, I always like to check out how they secure that one side back. Sometimes there's a pretty hair clip involved, or a more subtle bobby pin, or a little twist of some kind. But I've never seen this version before...

At a Victoria's Secret event in NYC yesterday, VS Angel Candice Swanepoel had her super-thick hair secured half back in this giant French braid. I don't hate the half-back braid in theory, but this one is so chunky (and two-toned) that it's kind of distracting, and that obvious hair elastic isn't helping. The whole thing just feels totally disconnected from what's happening in the front of Candice's hair. I would have liked to see a much smaller braid instead, one secured with a subtle clear elastic or some bobby pins.

What do you think of Candice Swanepoel's hairstyle—from the front and from the back?

Glamour

I thought the theme was royal, which could mean any form of royalty, from princess to queen, and obviously VS is going towards queen, but I think a tiara would have been just as fitting with the theme. I personally don't mind the crown, it's not the best, but it's also not bad in my opinion.

I thought the theme was royal, which could mean any form of royalty, from princess to queen, and obviously VS is going towards queen, but I think a tiara would have been just as fitting with the theme. I personally don't mind the crown, it's not the best, but it's also not bad in my opinion.

The theme is "British Invasion" And I agree about the crown, I like it but they could do better.