Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

Has someone ordered something from Tropic of C? I did read on Insta that the custome service reviews on facebook are very bad. So i went there and yeah it says many didn't got a refund or a reply over weeks.  So i am curious if someone had experience with the brand and how serious we should take the reviews from there.

https://m.facebook.com/tropicofcbrand/reviews/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=0

On 6/18/2021 at 2:46 AM, emerald7 said:

Has someone ordered something from Tropic of C? I did read on Insta that the custome service reviews on facebook are very bad. So i went there and yeah it says many didn't got a refund or a reply over weeks.  So i am curious if someone had experience with the brand and how serious we should take the reviews from there.

https://m.facebook.com/tropicofcbrand/reviews/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=0

I was nervous to purchase through the site after reading those reviews as well. I bought several of her bikinis from Revolve to figure out sizing first (thank god for free shipping + returns), then ordered through Tropic of C after knowing what I liked/what fit. Fabric is super soft, but they do run very very small.

9 hours ago, enchanteresse said:

I was nervous to purchase through the site after reading those reviews as well. I bought several of her bikinis from Revolve to figure out sizing first (thank god for free shipping + returns), then ordered through Tropic of C after knowing what I liked/what fit. Fabric is super soft, but they do run very very small.

Oh thanks for answering, i did read that they run very small. So i was curious about the refund and shippings, thank you.

9 hours ago, emerald7 said:

Oh thanks for answering, i did read that they run very small. So i was curious about the refund and shippings, thank you.

I emailed their customer service before my order, simply giving them my measurements and asking for their advice on sizing. I'm a "barely there" bikini girl, so they also gave advice on which bathers provide least coverage. They were pretty quick to respond, I adhered to their advice, placed an order and all was well. I found them helpful. I have no experience on the return process. My overall advice for any of these boutique swim brands, whether its Candice's, Gooseberry, Fae, (all great IMO) Minimale Animale (terrible customer service), etc. is when in doubt, shoot their customer service precise questions. If they do not respond or simply say "please see our size chart on the website" just write them off, obviously they don't care and just want your money, furthermore all their products come from Indonesia so good luck getting your return back in time w/o paying some ridiculous shipping price. Even when they screw up the order on their end they'll still make you pay to send it back. Not to distract - Tropic of C is great in my experience. 

Typing my thoughts as I catch up on this thread, haven't been here in a while:

--thanks for all the posts!!!

--She looks so great in that black skirt! She really does look so much younger than her age.

--I love Tropic of C designs, but I don't think they'd cover me good enough, so I probably won't ever buy one. The photography for the brand is fantastic though! 

--I love her street style! I'd love to see her in some band shirts again. I think she really does like the bands she wear (ie Iron Maiden) unlike some poser ass models. 

--I really like the Madame Figaro June editorial. Candice shines in anything, but especially when she's at the beach. 

--good lord I love the Tropic of C pictures! They really do make me want to buy the bikini in the picture and go to a tropical beach. good advertising! 

--LOVE her curly long hair in the ToC stuff

--diggin' the Alo stuff! I really like their products.