Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

^^ Candice is the unquestioned #1 and is poised to be so for some time.  I think I have made it clear how I fell about her.  However, we won't really know until VS starts to push some new blood, which should be very soon.

Elsa Hosk?  Not my cup of tea, sorry.  She may have the popularity, but that b/c she has been with Pink for so long.  She has nothing on Martha in my opinion.

^  Not really seeing the blonde v. brunette dichotomy.  Maybe b/c I am a guy.  Ale, Adri, Lily, and Karlie have all been there.  As much as I love Lily, she cannot touch Candice.  The only brunette that may be able to hang with Candice is maybe Barabara Palvin.  Karlie is not great to me, but that is just me.  We all have our opinions.

As a man of color, I totally agree that more diversity is needed, like Tyra and Naomi.  Love that point.  Lais would be perfect.   

I have to agree with Avika. If Candice needs competition it needs to be a brunette. And I personally don't see anything special about Martha. She looks too much like Canidce to be put at the top with her. But in my opinion she's not as beautiful or sexy to sell like Candice.

I could just see how annoying it would be to have two blondes advertised everywhere. People would get burnt out on the both of them VERY quickly.

VS needs another Tyra or Niaomi. They need some color. If they just work with Lias, she could go far. She actually has breasts.

But back to Martha, have to disagree about her being the best American model in some time. That's Karlie Kloss if we're just being honest. I'm not even that much of a fan of hers.

I think we are approaching that time where VS is going to start pushing other models (they already have with Behati) as Adriana/Ale/Doutzen prepare to leave. Candice can't hold the company on her own. Hell, Gisele couldn't do that. They just need to choose who to push very very very wisely.

I agree with this but if there were ever a blonde to "butt heads" with it'd be Martha. However, as much as I like Martha I would never want her to get picked over Elsa and I would love to see Toni Garrn instead of her speaking of blue-eyed blondes. Actually, Toni might be too beautiful for VS but she'd add more class and sophistication to it.

And holy shit! Fucking yes!! VS is sooo whitewashed. It isn't helping the racist label the fashion industry gets slapped with-like at all :no: b/c while they might not be racist the act of having merely 1 girl of color is NOT ENOUGH. I would love to see a 1st Asian VS angel too. This is 2013 it is about time. You would think by now we wouldn't have this problem but I'll stop myself right there before I continue to rant. :anger: :angry:

^^ Candice is the unquestioned #1 and is poised to be so for some time.  I think I have made it clear how I fell about her.  However, we won't really know until VS starts to push some new blood, which should be very soon.

Elsa Hosk?  Not my cup of tea, sorry.  She may have the popularity, but that b/c she has been with Pink for so long.  She has nothing on Martha in my opinion.

^  Not really seeing the blonde v. brunette dichotomy.  Maybe b/c I am a guy.  Ale, Adri, Lily, and Karlie have all been there.  As much as I love Lily, she cannot touch Candice.  The only brunette that may be able to hang with Candice is maybe Barabara Palvin.  Karlie is not great to me, but that is just me.  We all have our opinions.

As a man of color, I totally agree that more diversity is needed, like Tyra and Naomi.  Love that point.  Lais would be perfect.   

Candice is the unquestioned #1? Yeah for VS, that's it. But I guess since that is the topic at hand you're right.

Well, I'm sorry you feel that way about Elsa but she's MUCH more gorgeous in the face and body than Martha IMO which is why I would prefer to see her over Martha. However, Martha has "sexier" look but that gets old fast. All the VS angels are both gorgeous AND sexy.

I agree with you with Barbara. She might not be as sexy as Candice (yet) but she's a hell of a lot more gorgeous than Candice esp in the face (even though Candice is gorgeous too). Body is debatable.

I think we all agree that Lais is perfect for VS, lol.

I'm not seeing it with Barbra for quite some time. She just looks WAY too young. I feel bad because maybe VS should've used her in Pink first to make the transition easier but they've just jumped the gun. She looks 14. I think it would be a very big mistake to push her as the next big thing. VS needs to reclaim itself as a brand for women to buy their lingerie and putting someone who looks SO young everywhere would be a huge turnoff.

Anyways, back to Candice. Does anyone know what happened to her editorial in 25 magazine, the CR book, or what happened to the editorial she did where she had dyed her hair to brunette?

Candice and Martha look unbelievably sexy and amazing together for 25 Magazine! Like, I don't even know what to say, my brain won't even work because I am so blown away by this editorial. I love it, and I love them.

For some reason it won't let me open the photos though, anybody else having this issue?

Just one question: if you guys are talking about someone to compete with Candice, I tooootally agree they need some color. A black sexy woman would be very wise. I dont care for Behati, I think Lily is just a mistake, sorry, and Martha is still under approval to me. I like Elsa, but she wouldnt be nothing new, like maybe Martha. The only one I see being a good option would be Palvin. But now, my question: where are the redheads??? Cintia Dicker is the only redhead I remember working for VS. Were there others? Cause THAT would be a "fight" I would like to watch. Why is it so hard to find a sexy one? Anyway... I'm with you guys on the "black girl" idea.

Just one question: if you guys are talking about someone to compete with Candice, I tooootally agree they need some color. A black sexy woman would be very wise. I dont care for Behati, I think Lily is just a mistake, sorry, and Martha is still under approval to me. I like Elsa, but she wouldnt be nothing new, like maybe Martha. The only one I see being a good option would be Palvin. But now, my question: where are the redheads??? Cintia Dicker is the only redhead I remember working for VS. Were there others? Cause THAT would be a "fight" I would like to watch. Why is it so hard to find a sexy one? Anyway... I'm with you guys on the "black girl" idea.

Other then Cynthia Dicker, I don't see a viable option for redheads.  I just can't think of any.

Wow...you have some pretty strong opinions.  I will agree about Behati, she is hit or miss and not really special in my eyes.  Of all the current Angels, I always questioned her elevation.  So many more girls who are way more beautiful than she is.

Lily a mistake?  Wow!!!  She is on the most beautiful and unique Angels to me.  Her pics are always on point.  But you are entitled to your opinion after all.

Its pretty clear that Martha is being fast tracked.  All the signs are there as she quickly moves up.  I have now seen her matched up with Candice on a number of occasions and she more than holds her own.  I think she will quickly rise to number 2 at VS.  Many people say her and Candice look too much alike.  I don't see it.  They are both so unique to me.

Finally, I am honestly happy that there is a consensus on the need for model of color (black or otherwise).  Tyra and Naomi were absolutely electric and remain close to my heart.  Selita Ebanks, Chanel Iman, and Joan smalls have all been great.

TexasLongHorn2013, my opinion about Lily is strictly based on her personality and her walk on the runway. Nothing bad to say about her personality, it just doesnt say anything to me. But I personally dislike her walk :/ I can't see how Candice is gonna handle all that by herself after Adri and Ale até gone, since Behati and Lily are boring to me. Karlie is amazing on the runway, but... In HF runway, she means nothing to me on VSFS :/ Martha is hot, but even though she doesnt look like Candice, she is a blonde blue eyed girl. And se already have Lindsay, remember? My only VS model to be there with Candice would be Palvin. I admire Lais, but she is more of a sweet girl, like Candice can be. We need a sexy dark skin woman (since a redhead is almost impossible). Or maybe both, cause I see Candice still being an Angel even after the current ones (besides Adri and Ale) leave.

TexasLongHorn2013, my opinion about Lily is strictly based on her personality and her walk on the runway. Nothing bad to say about her personality, it just doesnt say anything to me. But I personally dislike her walk :/ I can't see how Candice is gonna handle all that by herself after Adri and Ale até gone, since Behati and Lily are boring to me. Karlie is amazing on the runway, but... In HF runway, she means nothing to me on VSFS :/ Martha is hot, but even though she doesnt look like Candice, she is a blonde blue eyed girl. And se already have Lindsay, remember? My only VS model to be there with Candice would be Palvin. I admire Lais, but she is more of a sweet girl, like Candice can be. We need a sexy dark skin woman (since a redhead is almost impossible). Or maybe both, cause I see Candice still being an Angel even after the current ones (besides Adri and Ale) leave.

I agree with most of this; all I will say is that they need to select very wisely and they desperately need multiple angels of color. 

And TexasLongHorn2013, I wouldn't be so sure about them fast-tracking Martha. This story could play out the same way as Palvin's if they just decide they don't like her anymore...