Bellazon

2020 SI Swimsuit

13 hours ago, lostdiadem said:

Her rookie shoot was way better. She deserves better than this shit. They could give her some background or some animal. Just plain sand and water is BORING. Some of her poses aren’t that great but she can improve for sure. And I’m saying this being one of her biggest fans in here.

She looked like a cute girl back then. Here, she looks like a sexy vixen. Her eyes cast a spell. I never see the surroundings in these photos so not a concern for me.

They could've done a body paint with Josephine. I miss body paint, like the blue one on Kate Upton. Her photos could've been so good but they aren't. Definitely, SI is not back to those glory days with Kate Upton, Irina Shayk, Nina Agdal, Brooklyn Decker.

Like many of you, I already thought that the swimsuit issue was underwhelming and disappointing in the last few years. Probably the last half-decade at least.

But even in those bad years, I always had one, two, sometimes three shoots I (really) liked.

This year, nothing, nada, zero. This might be the nadir for SISE for me. I don't know how they could make it any worse than this.

A ho-hum model selection, perhaps the worst art direction I can remember (even down to such shitty lighting in some of the published shots that I have to believe the average mall photographer would have done a better job).

Honestly, I didn't think it was even possible to create a issue worse than last year's one. 

Then I've seen the photos taken by Ruven Afanador.

To think that he had the opportunity to shoot one of the most beautiful women in this world like Emily DiDonato and ended up like this, it makes me so sad.

If they wanted a bald woman they should have cast Vendela Lindblom, but even then I'm not sure if its a good idea to cast a bald women in a sunny beach environment then completely screw up the midtones to where its like 
08372239-14dc-4af8-99ad-f6261ce21d0a_screenshot.thumb.jpg.ed770040b7b24cd2be9fbebcff16df76.jpg

I dunno I got nothing against the model, just kind of jarring.

The videos are way better than any of the pictures by a long mile. My only grip with them the videos look like they didnt really do much as far as color grading went and many of them are too dark.