Bellazon

General Discussion

Clauds

I'm 99% sure Charlotte got the callback too, there's no other reason for her to be in NYC tbh, she's based in LA and it makes no sense for her to stay in NYC over Labor Day if it wasn't for this as she is not a FW fixture.

I'm all about bigger girls in Vs and this is a very smart move. It will make headlines about body positivity and get some praise by sjw. What I just can put my fingers on it is why they keep refusing Ashley Graham. Her face is beyond gorgeous, she made a name for herself in the industry and she made it clear VS is one of her goals. If they wanna change, bring the biggest name out there (no pun intended) 

Does anyone know anything about Neelam Johal's callback status? I'd love to see that gorgeous gaze coming down the runway.

1 minute ago, CandleVixen said:

I’d choose Iskra over Ashley. And I’m a huge fan of both ladies! Actually, they could hire both and have bookends. :bounce:

I think Iskra's obligations to (?) Aerie rule her out, unfortunately, but I find her much more fun and personable than Ashley.

11 hours ago, Clauds said:

So based on the list we currently have confirmed for callbacks or are in doubt, these are the models I would like to see walking, with the addition of Sui He and Ming Xi who I both love

- Abby Champion 

- Alanna Arrington 

- Alexina Graham 

- Barbara Palvin 

- Blanca Padilla

- Devon Windsor

- Frida Aasen

- Georgia Fowler 

- Kelly Gale 

- Maria Borges 

- Megan Williams 

- Nadine Leopold 

- Robin Holzen 

- Roosmarijn de Kok 

- Sanne Vloet 

- Alannah Walton 

- Chase Carter 

- Chuyan He 

- Danielle Knudson 

- Kate Li 

- Kelsey Merritt 

- Lorena Rae 

- Maia Cotton  
- Anne de Paula 

- Ashika Pratt 

- Charlotte D'Alessio 

- Cindy Mello 

- Danielle Herrington 

- Duckie Thot 

- Elizabeth Turner

- Eva Adams 

- Georgia Gibbs 

- Hannah Ferguson 

- Jasmine Daniels

- Jessica Clements

- Jessica Whitlow 

- Jordan Rand 

- Kamila Hansen 

- Meri Gulin

- Moa Aberg 

- Nibar Madar 

- Raven Lyn Corneil 

- Riley Montana 

- Sofia Jamora

- Valentina Sampaio 

- Alecia Morais

- Bruna Lirio

- Cindy Bruna

- Daniela Lopez Osorio

- Gizele Oliveira 

- Jourdana Elizabeth

- Mayowa Nicholas 

- Paige Reifler

- Samille Bermannelli 

- Shanina Shaik

- Xin Xie

There were some really strong girls who didn't make it like Rosmary but oh well, can't have it all

Is Noel Capri not invited back? She’s been working with VS a lot lately :(

5 minutes ago, CandleVixen said:

I’d choose Iskra over Ashley. And I’m a huge fan of both ladies! Actually, they could hire both and have bookends. :bounce:

Love Iskra but for the publicity point of view Ashley would bring the headlines they look for. And I think it would work a little, tbh. 

3 minutes ago, HitchcockBlonde said:

Does anyone know anything about Neelam Johal's callback status? I'd love to see that gorgeous gaze coming down the runway.

I think Iskra's obligations to (?) Aerie rule her out, unfortunately, but I find her much more fun and personable than Ashley.

That might be true for Iskra. I think that Ashley might have more runway experience though. 

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

I'm all about bigger girls in Vs and this is a very smart move. It will make headlines about body positivity and get some praise by sjw. What I just can put my fingers on it is why they keep refusing Ashley Graham. Her face is beyond gorgeous, she made a name for herself in the industry and she made it clear VS is one of her goals. If they wanna change, bring the biggest name out there (no pun intended) 

I agree about Ashley, but I think they’ve kind of missed their chance with her and any other ‘bigger’ girls in the eyes of the public. It’ll come across as obvious pandering since their financial woes & lower-than-low ratings are common knowledge at this point, even among those who don’t follow the ins and outs of VS. Pretty much everyone knows that they’re a sinking ship ready to do just about anything to stay afloat- even hire girls they’d previously never think of giving a chance just because it’s ‘what the people want.’ I just think their transparent attempts won’t go over nearly as well as expected in the eyes of the public. 

That being said, I hope they do give us some more body diversity this year, regardless of public opinion. It’s long overdue.

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

Ashley Graham is......not to be mean but too voluptuous. Sofia is like a size 4/6 which will translate better on TV. Ashley is 16/18. Sometimes 20. Putting her next to a 00 or even a 10 will make her look bigger. In order for that to happen....there would need to be a lot of transitional models varied in sizes placed before and after her.....to not make her stand out in a bad way. John P talked about this when having Tyra in the show. Television and vsfs lighting is not very forgiving and she does have a lot of cellulite and "jiggle" that would not be flattering for her at all. It would be more embarrassing for her as a model. Prime example...Kate Upton:

kate-upton-plastic-surgery-1.thumb.jpg.95117678b2393cd6c9668a8777d021e8.jpg980x.thumb.jpg.348c3e30b2611ae7579c585446a4bf20.jpg

And Kate Upton is smaller than Ashley:

ph18lgjk002qbwe.thumb.jpg.f687d435e772e5417cfdb9f96b3ad4fb.jpg57da93681800002f00314b85.thumb.jpeg.44bfb7650026e90891a1da63fa18b28b.jpeg

Next to this: 

1b73b59d0294a802fc535b3626fd1733.thumb.jpeg.d9d1c8382904f6b1313067c9029124a3.jpegmaxresdefault-7.thumb.jpg.c8021efface040c6e0a7b63a34934b5c.jpg

Would be a disaster and mean.

Even Tyra at her curviest was still incredibly flattering and not just only in photographs:

Tyra-at-vsfs-03-the-victorias-secret-fashion-show-28602133-323-500.thumb.jpg.794ef7c3ece5ff3023b73bdb4f0bf56b.jpgMV5BMjE1MTcwMzcwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzcxMDYz._V1_.thumb.jpg.23e45be8d95fe6aa090919f995ebdf05.jpg515ffd10095751012bb998bb2e395eac.thumb.jpg.36530770fd51d0735a208ddf702eee86.jpg8eb2b8ac98647a9a8c4d71d7360b5daa.thumb.jpg.d907274ba3639683c5f36a4066c9e9ad.jpg

maxresdefault-6.jpg 1b73b59d0294a802fc535b3626fd1733.jpeg

1 hour ago, DULOVEMEDO said:

not to be mean but too voluptuous

'Not to be mean, but she's a fat cow with jiggly nasty cellulite and I care soooooo much about how big and fat and ugly Ashley will look bad next to the skinny legends walking next to her even though she herself has stated and shown numerous times she doesn't give a fuck about being the big girl with cellulite.' 

People are throwing out ideas that won't happen for a desperate brand that's no longer prestigious and going down because millenials buy bras for 20 USD each at target.

Don't be a stuck up princess about this televised underwear show. Good lord. Say you hate fat Ashley and move on.