Bellazon

Interesting Youtube personalities

Cult Icon

1 hour ago, Cult Icon said:

do you like outlaw star, Evangelion, and perfect blue?  That's what I remember from that time. 

I haven't watched them. Bebop and Samurai Champloo are my favorite from this period.

1 hour ago, Cult Icon said:

have you heard of "For honor" ?  It seems like it has the best sword fighting gameplay out of all games, and is still popular/being giving DLC.  However, it is mainly just multiplayer with a very weak single player.

Yes, I've heard of it. It looks pretty good, but I'm not really into multiplayer games, I usually like when there's one or several storylines.

On 7/6/2020 at 8:17 PM, Cult Icon said:

Have you heard of the news of the Metal Gear Movie?  @Michael*

Oh that's right, the film was seemingly in limbo for so long, it sort of slipped my mind that it was still meant to be happening. :laugh:

Honestly though, it seems like a bit of a lose-lose to me. Either they make a serviceable action flick that doesn't really capture the spirit, or they do a somewhat faithful adaptation, which I'm fairly sure would be critically panned and probably for good reason. Metal Gear's narratives worked because of Kojima's crazed melodramatic style, and as much as Vogt-Roberts seems like an honest to goodness fan of the series, I think it would be a struggle to replicate that with live action.

It could be cool to have a series that retells the story chronologically, though, and animation could potentially capture the wackier elements of the story better.