Bellazon

The Political Correctness Haters' Club

Sarah.Adams

9 hours ago, SuperG.Girl said:

LMAO!

The crybabies' greatest intellectual hero and he gets owned by a stand-up comedian in the time of a short interview.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2018/06/24/jim-jefferies-jordan-peterson-wrong_a_23466788/

There was a time when the right at least had men of intellectual stature representing them, even though I would not have agreed with much of their beliefs. But they were capable of constructing an argument and properly defending it. In the case of Jordan Peterson, the emperor has no clothes.

8 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

LMAO!

The crybabies' greatest intellectual hero and he gets owned by a stand-up comedian in the time of a short interview.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2018/06/24/jim-jefferies-jordan-peterson-wrong_a_23466788/

There was a time when the right at least had men of intellectual stature representing them, even though I would not have agreed with much of their beliefs. But they were capable of constructing an argument and properly defending it. In the case of Jordan Peterson, the emperor has no clothes.

well I don't see anything funny enough to deserve a LMAO :idk: ................ all I see is you applying a dirty strategy. This one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

argumentum ad hominem, is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.

why don't you construct some real arguments about the issue he's elaborating on his video and we can talk about it .... instead you just launched an unnecessary insult. Just for the record Jordan Petersen intellectual stature is proven the hard way. He has more than 25 peer reviewed articles published since 2013 and he has been cited more than 9000 times at the same period of time. If that's not intellectual stature I'm wondering that the fuck intellectual stature really is ... 

Plus .........why don't you post the whole interview .... instead of a 41 seconds excerpt to give us an honest chance to judge for ourselves who owns who? ...... in ~45 secs  excerpts everybody can own everybody ...

13 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

He said "Maybe I was wrong about that": there aren't many people who are capable of honestly recognizing that they may have been wrong. I find him very polite and rather civilized. I don't know many people in the media (or elsewhere) who are of this quality in a debate (and debate is really important in democracies).

I've heard of this guy before, though I don't know him much, but this interview gave me the impression that he is a pretty decent guy. He looks polite and ready to discuss: we need more people like this guy (whatever their political side).

I'll go ahead and give a look at what he does.

54 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

He is a clinical psychologist who pretends he has the authority, knowledge and expertise to give measured and informed opinions about subjects which are far outside his field.

replace "clinical psychologist" with "somebody" and you have a damn good definition for the word "politician" Zr0WmeJy_o.gif ............. anyway he's also a university professor. He has authority to speak for the particular subject and his speech rung a bell. I'm not studying in USA or Canada ....in my country is not uncommon some professors (usually from the left) to be more interested in their political agendas instead of educating their students.

This guy is actually very interesting. He speaks clearly and he debates with polite and substantiated answers. I wish there would always be rational/polite people like him in debates (or at least people who listen to each other, if it's not too much to ask the media)

16 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

LMAO!

Jordan Peterson doesn't have a political affiliation, he calls out both sides of the political spectrum for their crap that they do. He says the left & right need each other, no right wing person would ever admit that. :chicken::chicken::chicken:

1 hour ago, Cult Icon said:

Stromboli, Jordan Peterson is definitively a "traditional conservative".  He identifies as Christian as well, and all roads lead to Rome...

I said he's not a democrat nor a republican.

On 6/26/2018 at 5:54 PM, Enrico_sw said:

I've heard of this guy before, though I don't know him much, but this interview gave me the impression that he is a pretty decent guy. He looks polite and ready to discuss: we need more people like this guy (whatever their political side).

With the bolded, I thought something similar- the right wing needs more people of that type as he knows how to communicate effectively and in a rational manner.    

I've listened to a couple of hours of his "best of" clips on youtube last year.    I remember agreeing with about 50% of the things he said.  He is strongest when he talks about Jungian psychology and also psychological knowledge that is politically incorrect but true.   However, he has a lot of half-baked and wrong opinions (largely formed from his right wing prejudices) once he strays from his expertise, psychology. 

Another fatal conceit is that he fashions himself as a self help guru- but his message is very similar to that of the naive and ignorant Christian mold, lifestyle& mentality (such as Dr. Henry Cloud) of individual responsibility and relationships.  However, we are in a post-industrial, global economy in the 21st century, not in the dynamics of a pre-industrial religion.  He is basically a traditional, Christian conservative that uses science to mask his message with effective rhetoric.

His Anti-SJW stance is largely correct but since he is so anti-establishment that he offers  little that is constructive for social problems.

So when he's good he's very good and when he's bad, he's terrible.

2 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

he's strongly right wing and would have voted accordingly if he is american.

He said he politically identifies as a classic British liberal. Who knows which way he would have voted if he were an American because he's dualistic. :idk:

10 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

He said he politically identifies as a classic British liberal. Who knows which way he would have voted if he were an American because he's dualistic. :idk:

"Classic liberalism" in the US is libertarianism (right wing economics, liberal or indifferent socially).  I don't know about the British.

I saw most of his positions when I watched his material last year.  Everything was right wing and of the christian conservative mentality.  He just masks his positions under psychological talk and science so it seems secular.  I attended Church for several years growing up and read a lot of Henry Cloud books so I picked up the bias immediately.

I saw his social media and he engages in the "angry right wing guy" act.  

13 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

"Classic liberalism" in the US is libertarianism (right wing economics, liberal or indifferent socially).  I don't know about the British.

I saw most of his positions when I watched his material last year.  Everything was right wing and of the christian conservative mentality.  He just masks his positions under psychological talk and science so it seems secular.  I attended Church for several years growing up and read a lot of Henry Cloud books so I picked up the bias immediately.

I saw his social media and he engages in the "angry right wing guy" act.  

7 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Advocating for the ideal of traditional families is not a left-wing position.

In today's political climate you could say he leans right, but in the future he could skew left or further right in the ever changing political climate. :chicken:

7 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

In today's political climate you could say he leans right, but in the future he could skew left or further right in the ever changing political climate. :chicken:

What exactly does he say that is left wing?  

I am not talking about "political climate", but in the Political science perspective.