Bellazon

General Discussion

Neo52285

I just want ADRIANA to know what she is doing and to be careful and to not let him take advantage of her or manipulate her in any kind of way and to not let him have any kind of power of her career or what she does with it or how she feels about it. She has had her career for many years before him, she doesn't need him for it at all. Hell, I don't think she even needs him personally because in my opinion I don't see much progress since she lost confidence and she doesn't seem that happy right now. But all these people that have been telling her how much they respect her career as a model and as a person is because of Adriana herself. She is the reason why she is seen as an icon and why people loved her as a person. It came from who she was from 1999-2017. She has to remember that and know that and therefore carry on as that and to not let him invade that part of her life in any kind of way. Because I don't care who he is supposed to be, Adriana was already this huge star and a good person before she met him for a reason.

As much as people praised her these past two weeks you'd think her confidence would be restored. But I guess having to leave VS mentally is a process and I understand that completely. I just hope that sadness doesn't last long and she becomes motivated to do everything she can to carry on  

Happy thanksgiving guys! This post is from Adriana

IMG_0409(1).thumb.PNG.3f35b3cad037e11750cfc0be417ac94a.PNG

I agree about the icky opportunistic vibes coming off of Metin Hara.  What is he doing writing for Vogue?  Fashion isn't even his area.  I doubt he would have gotten space in there without his connection to Adriana.  The article itself was full of overly generalized cliches, and you could see a lot of self-advertisement in the opening.   I wish he would just stick to his own lane; it's starting to look more and more desperate the way he tries to piggy-back off of Adriana.  

6 minutes ago, Souled-Out said:

@nhlovesadri yeah we are going to be emotional messes on Sunday alright, remember when this video alone had everybody emotional. It wasn't even a goodbye video or included ALL of her VS career (because this was in 2016). Imagine how we are going to be for this year

Sadly it will be monday night for me, since the show airs at like 4am in my timezone on Sunday and the following day I work, so I have to wait the evening to find a torrent and download it. I'll post the links I find for the HD and UHD versions I find here like the past years of course. But yes, the show day when she announced her retirement I was so moved, like I wasn't in years.

25 minutes ago, nhlovesadri said:

Sadly it will be monday night for me, since the show airs at like 4am in my timezone on Sunday and the following day I work, so I have to wait the evening to find a torrent and download it. I'll post the links I find for the HD and UHD versions I find here like the past years of course. But yes, the show day when she announced her retirement I was so moved, like I wasn't in years.

Same for me. We'll cry together lol! I'm honestly not ready at all. 

I will never be ready to watch her goodbye tbh, I'm going to watch it with my friends and I know I'm gonna cry and idk how I'm going to explain to my them that I'm crying over a model on a lingerie show leaving a lingerie brand. It's gonna be a weird night.:rofl:

2 hours ago, medicenevs said:

I will never be ready to watch her goodbye tbh, I'm going to watch it with my friends and I know I'm gonna cry and idk how I'm going to explain to my them that I'm crying over a model on a lingerie show leaving a lingerie brand. It's gonna be a weird night.:rofl:

I know right! Thats the funny part, Adriana leaving has been made a huge deal. The fact that even the rock paid respect to her for this, shows how big it is. You wouldn't think its lingerie modelling. Because not only are people making a huge deal out of it but everybody understands. NOBODY is saying "wtf its just bras and panties", everybody understands why this is a big thing. Everybody understands why its emotional for alot of people. Its the principle and what Adriana managed to do which is stay in a field for 20 years, where most people only last 5 or 10-15 years in. Not 20 lol. And she did it despite her getting older, despite having kids, and the ups and downs in her life. She still manage to stick around AND be just as loved as she was when she first started. Like people didn't lose interest in her for the brand.  What she did with her VS career was very unique and probably won't ever be done again, and thats why everyone understand its a huge deal. Despite this "just being lingerie modelling", Lol only Adriana could make it deeper than that. Only she could make people take this seriously

On 11/25/2018 at 7:09 PM, Souled-Out said:

I think I am almost prepared to watch this year's show and her goodbye

Young Adriana was the most visually stunning model of her time. She was on another level. The whole package in every conceivable way

1 hour ago, Corner said:

Young Adriana was the most visually stunning model of her time. She was on another level. The whole package in every conceivable way

And NATURAL. People like to put models like Bella hadid on her level. But 1. Bella still doesn't have that appeal to me, work done and all. I still don't find her as beautiful. 2. Models like Adriana looked the way they did from day ONE. Adriana specifically, yes, she was seriously the most beautiful model I had ever seen for a long time.

Bella is really good on print and I enjoy her work so much but she’s definitely not on the same level as Adriana in looks, runway or just about anything in general. The only thing she’s better at is how to handle Instagram.

I mean Bella looks like Adriana is only a few years older than her and it intrigues me because she really does look too old in the face for her age.

Speaking of looks, Taylor Hill is the only model I think comes close to Adriana. But because she’s so horrid on the runway, it takes away from her appeal for me.

I used to find Candice so beautiful but now that she’s started messing with her face idk

Also, I think it’s safe to say that, no Angel, past or recent will ever trump Adriana’s VS success and impact.

You can quote me on this 

3 hours ago, Corner said:

Bella is really good on print and I enjoy her work so much but she’s definitely not on the same level as Adriana in looks, runway or just about anything in general. The only thing she’s better at is how to handle Instagram.

I mean Bella looks like Adriana is only a few years older than her and it intrigues me because she really does look too old in the face for her age.

Speaking of looks, Taylor Hill is the only model I think comes close to Adriana. But because she’s so horrid on the runway, it takes away from her appeal for me.

I used to find Candice so beautiful but now that she’s started messing with her face idk

Also, I think it’s safe to say that, no Angel, past or recent will ever trump Adriana’s VS success and impact.

You can quote me on this 

Just like everybody else basically lol. But its crazy how stunned I am by these girls on IG and then I see regular photos of them and they truly do look like regular girls. Like the Cindy Kimberly girl, she looks amazing on her IG photos but every candid of her she looks normal. Adriana has the opposite affect, speaking of, I wonder which version they are going to post of her goodbye segment. I saw the one where she didn't cry, I was still in awe of how pretty she looked.

3 hours ago, Souled-Out said:

I know right! Thats the funny part, Adriana leaving has been made a huge deal. The fact that even the rock paid respect to her for this, shows how big it is. You wouldn't think its lingerie modelling. Because not only are people making a huge deal out of it but everybody understands. NOBODY is saying "wtf its just bras and panties", everybody understands why this is a big thing. Everybody understands why its emotional for alot of people. Its the principle and what Adriana managed to do which is stay in a field for 20 years, where most people only last 5 or 10-15 years in. Not 20 lol. And she did it despite her getting older, despite having kids, and the ups and downs in her life. She still manage to stick around AND be just as loved as she was when she first started. Like people didn't lose interest in her for the brand.  What she did with her VS career was very unique and probably won't ever be done again, and thats why everyone understand its a huge deal. Despite this "just being lingerie modelling", Lol only Adriana could make it deeper than that. Only she could make people take this seriously

I mean, girl, I'm from a country that couldn't care less about a VS, they don't know a VS, there's barely stores of them here and the ones are on very selected areas of the country and very selected malls. People don't know or care about any of those models, it will be a really few of us that care about it, so for most of people here it is just a lingerie model on a lingerie show leaving a lingerie brand. The thing the people know from VS around here are pirate VS Splash fragrances and pirate VS shirts. But I know about it, so I'm emotional about but my friends won't understand the way I feel. Call us a thrid world country with thrid world problems.:rofl:

22 hours ago, Corner said:

You can quote me on this 

Same here.  Adriana in her heyday remains VS's most beautiful face.  She is one of those era-defining models with a face so unique and perfect,  for me on par with what Christy Turlington was for her era.  When I first saw Adriana, I felt like she was one of those impossibly beautiful illustrations from my brother's comic books come to life—the kind of face you can only dream and draw about.  Her face was not only very classically sculpted and symmetrical but also had a good dose of that exotic look and those gorgeous feline eyes.         

Yes, I agree that it's unlikely anybody at VS will be able to match her.  Her success is something of a rare anomaly.  She just about had it all: the face, the body, the beauty, the sexy, the personality, the work ethic, the longevity, the walk, the print work, the popularity, the selling ability, the commercial success, the high fashion work, the covers, the contracts, the salary.  And she was able to dominate in just about all of those categories, which is a very, very difficult feat.  I don't think anybody in VS can or will excel in all of those combinations the way Adriana has.  I also agree that the next closest Angel to do so would probably be Taylor, who still has some growth and potential ahead of her (but unfortunately this will happen during the era of VS's waning).  Taylor's genuineness and especially her goofiness reminds me of Adriana when she was in her 20's.  Even though Sara Sampaio is the one who physically resembles Adriana the most of all the remaining angels, I think Taylor might be the closest in terms of being Adri's spiritual successor within VS.  

1 hour ago, Aurora Dawn said:

Same here.  Adriana in her heyday remains VS's most beautiful face.  She is one of those era-defining models with a face so unique and perfect,  for me on par with what Christy Turlington was for her era.  When I first saw Adriana, I felt like she was one of those impossibly beautiful illustrations from my brother's comic books come to life—the kind of face you can only dream and draw about.  Her face was not only very classically sculpted and symmetrical but also had a good dose of that exotic look and those gorgeous feline eyes.         

Yes, I agree that it's unlikely anybody at VS will be able to match her.  Her success is something of a rare anomaly.  She just about had it all: the face, the body, the beauty, the sexy, the personality, the work ethic, the longevity, the walk, the print work, the popularity, the selling ability, the commercial success, the high fashion work, the covers, the contracts, the salary.  And she was able to dominate in just about all of those categories, which is a very, very difficult feat.  I don't think anybody in VS can or will excel in all of those combinations the way Adriana has.  I also agree that the next closest Angel to do so would probably be Taylor, who still has some growth and potential ahead of her (but unfortunately this will happen during the era of VS's waning).  Taylor's genuineness and especially her goofiness reminds me of Adriana when she was in her 20's.  Even though Sara Sampaio is the one who physically resembles Adriana the most of all the remaining angels, I think Taylor might be the closest in terms of being Adri's spiritual successor within VS.  

Taylor's talent though, I thinks thats where she lacks too much. She depends on her beauty alot. I know people said the same about Adriana in her HIGH FASHION work. But for VS and commercial, Adriana brought it!  Taylor...not so much.  Like Candice and others are way better than her at their job. Taylor only comes close to Adriana in terms of having a beautiful face. But nobody finds her sexy because she doesn't have that look and her opening this year? Honestly the worst they ever had. Adriana would never give VS the worst SHOW opening. Even when she walks regular, its still a good strut. The closest is Candice actually. Her face isn't seen as beautiful as Adriana's or taylor's. However her walk is good to alot of people, she looks good generally. She does have alot of sex appeal. She is surely the closest. Taylor is missing too much flavor lol. But its like what @Corner said, Adriana still isn't 100 percent matched. For me the reason why Candice doesn't match Adriana exactly is because of her personality, she is on the more shy and takes herself more serious side.  And one of the best things about Adriana for people is that she ACTED like a girl next door and a regular person, like you said taylor does, but she didn't look girl next door. Adriana has beauty that alot of people feel is uncommon but she acts like a normal person and is more extroverted. People love that too. Taylor is kind of like that but Candice isn't. She is more "chill" I guess, I think her appeal is still more superficial and about her look than anything else. She isn't like Gisele, Adriana, or Tyra who are clearly out there when it comes to their personalities.

Its alot though about Adriana that makes her unique, thats why I said she is the only angel today that can make people give a damn THIS much about a VS model retiring because she had more than the look. She the talent that made people want to copy her, the personality that people enjoyed, and she set GOALS while in the brand. When people care about you mostly for superficial reasons, they will only care so much about something like this. Adriana had more than a superficial appeal, so people care more.

55 minutes ago, Souled-Out said:

Taylor's talent though, I thinks thats where she lacks too much. She depends on her beauty alot. I know people said the same about Adriana in her HIGH FASHION work. But for VS and commercial, Adriana brought it!  Taylor...not so much.  Like Candice and others are way better than her at their job. Taylor only comes close to Adriana in terms of having a beautiful face. But nobody finds her sexy because she doesn't have that look and her opening this year? Honestly the worst they ever had. Adriana would never give VS the worst SHOW opening. Even when she walks regular, its still a good strut. The closest is Candice actually. Her face isn't seen as beautiful as Adriana's or taylor's. However her walk is good to alot of people, she looks good generally. She does have alot of sex appeal. She is surely the closest. Taylor is missing too much flavor lol. But its like what @Corner said, Adriana still isn't 100 percent matched. For me the reason why Candice doesn't match Adriana exactly is because of her personality, she is on the more shy and takes herself more serious side.  And one of the best things about Adriana for people is that she ACTED like a girl next door and a regular person, like you said taylor does, but she didn't look girl next door. Adriana has beauty that alot of people feel is uncommon but she acts like a normal person and is more extroverted. People love that too. Taylor is kind of like that but Candice isn't. She is more "chill" I guess, I think her appeal is still more superficial and about her look than anything else. She isn't like Gisele, Adriana, or Tyra who are clearly out there when it comes to their personalities.

Its alot though about Adriana that makes her unique, thats why I said she is the only angel today that can make people give a damn THIS much about a VS model retiring because she had more than the look. She the talent that made people want to copy her, the personality that people enjoyed, and she set GOALS while in the brand. When people care about you mostly for superficial reasons, they will only care so much about something like this. Adriana had more than a superficial appeal, so people care more.

In VS, in terms of doing the sex kitten/bombshell look, after Adriana, Candice was the one VS pushed the most, and for the current generation of New Angels, it seems to be Josephine.  However, in terms of modelling career in general, Taylor I think still has the best shot of breaking into success beyond VS.  Candice's career was rather limited and modest outside of VS; it never really took flight in HF and at 30 years old, it's not likely to happen now.  She still looks okay-good, but her age does show and VS has undeniably moved onto its younger models.  Taylor, outside of VS, has been making the most noise in the four major fashion weeks, has strong print work, already has a major beauty contract.  Although Taylor doesn't give off the traditional hyper-sexed VS aura and her opening this year could have used more energy, she seems to resonate with people with her nearly 12 million instafollowers.  And she is also only 22.  There is still a lot of time for growth and improvement.  A lot of the NAs also seem to be growing out of the teen-girly look that they all had a few years ago.

Adriana came from such a special VS era, when so many of their models were industry giants, like GIsele, Tyra, Heidi, who were all household names.  But we're in a different era, and who knows how long VS will even still be operating.