Bellazon

General Discussion

Neo52285

ok i give up trying to post not letting me.... annoying!

supposed to be the Sexiest women on the Bastardly list of 2007...

1.Alessandra Ambosio won #1 spot...

2.Adriana Lima

was trying to post the site also... @ Bastardly.com to see the whole list...

I don't think people purposely call her fat...in the fashion industry shapely is considered fat. People were just speaking thinking like the fashion industry but in no means is she fat... she has an incredible body in the real world. But in the fashion world she is considred "fat" by many. But then again so were Tyra and Heidi.

Yet, look how much money Tyra and Heidi have, not to mention their level of fame and popularity in comparison to the stick-thin models. Considering the fashion world considers them 'fat' they have much more fame and sucess than the thinner models. This is the main reason, they have the power to look how they want to look. They no longer have to impress the fashion world. Not all modeling requires a stick-thin body. European runway models are extremely thin but sports illustrated girls and many other more popular models are 'allowed' to be more curvy and I think curvy bodies in the fashion world is just proof of the models success. The stick thin girls will never be recognized or as famous. They will just blend into obscurity. They will remain faceless since it's not the model that's important, but the clothes. They are only a mannquin-like body representing the clothing and nothing more where as the curvier girls have distinguished themselves.

Okay that's it im sick of this discussion. First of all if anything Adri looks like she has lost some weight in these new pics.Just compare some of the fashion show pics and her new and old pictures and you'll see. There are some people saying that she looks good in the catalog and not in candids. Well she died her hair dark again, she was looking better at the most recent candids of vs beauty candy store. So she is clearly making an effort. Vs is using her a little more now and she just got a vs cover. So she is clearly getting back up but it's not going to happen overnight. It's happening so lets give her a break. Besides she is still hella gorgeous whether she gains or loses in my opinion. As long as Adri is happy is doesn't matter.

I am currently selling a few magazines, on Ebay, that feature Adriana. I've included the links to each auction & the issues i'm selling for anyone interested:

Brazilian Elle-November 2002

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...p;rd=1&rd=1

img5659ik6.jpg

British GQ-November 2002

img5911fk6.jpg

French Photo-April 2003

img6238si7.jpg

Yet, look how much money Tyra and Heidi have, not to mention their level of fame and popularity in comparison to the stick-thin models. Considering the fashion world considers them 'fat' they have much more fame and sucess than the thinner models. This is the main reason, they have the power to look how they want to look. They no longer have to impress the fashion world. Not all modeling requires a stick-thin body. European runway models are extremely thin but sports illustrated girls and many other more popular models are 'allowed' to be more curvy and I think curvy bodies in the fashion world is just proof of the models success. The stick thin girls will never be recognized or as famous. They will just blend into obscurity. They will remain faceless since it's not the model that's important, but the clothes. They are only a mannquin-like body representing the clothing and nothing more where as the curvier girls have distinguished themselves.

Quoted for truth. I like your posts, you speak a lot of sense!

• 2 weeks later...

Random question: does anyone know if Adriana has any Japanese ancestry?

Many sites claim that she's part Japanese, and it seems believable (considering Brazil has the largest Japanese population outside of Japan). But many of those sites seem unreliable (like they've all copy and pasted from the same original source)

I know she has said she's of Indian (I'm assuming Amer-Indian/Native American), African, and Swiss descent. But then all these other sites list Japanese, Portuguese, French, etc. At times it seems like PR, but the funny thing is that it's all believable. I swear depending on her hair color, skin color, makeup and the lighting she looks like she could fit all those different ethnicities.

examples: (:laugh: *this isn't an excuse to post Adriana pics* :whistle: )

Here she looks more African

000000018541adrianalimatm7.th.jpg

Here she looks more Portuguese/Amer-Indian

pirelli2005calendarshoopj6.th.jpg

And then here she looks more Swiss

backstagelucaluca200532jp9.th.jpg

Ah...in the end it doesn't really matter. Part of her beauty is her versatility.

I just can't get over how amazing she looks.

her features (ie her eyes) are just perfect :heart: (especially when she has darker brown/black hair and more tanned skin).

I kind of wonder what her parents look like now?

heh. I guess that was a bit much for my first post...?

According to herself, she's Swiss, Indian (Native American) and African. I've never heard her say Japanese. However, Victoria's Secret website added "Indonesian" to her ethnicity on the description page for the VS 2006 Fashion Show. Hmm...