Bellazon

General Discussion

Guest Anonymous

Actually, I saw an issue of French Photo with pics of a lot of the older top models like Cindy, Elle, etc. And there was a pic from Vogue Espana with Heidi wearing haute couture with really wild hair and makeup, I was surprised. I just want Ale to be on the cover of Vogue once.

thanks to aa community

Dangling delights

By Max Bowen/ [email protected]

Friday, August 26, 2005

If you happen to go to the Marshfield Fair this weekend, keep an eye out for Andrew Spader, an Abington jewelry artist trying to make a business out of a hobby.

Since the early 1980s Spader has been designing jewelry, from sun catchers and eyeglass chains to earrings and chokers. He began making them while living in California and used the money he made selling them to finance his move to the east coast in 1992. Spader lived in Weymouth for seven years, before moving to Abington in 1999.

Once the move was made, the jewelry went into a box, and he concentrated on his computer repair business, PC House Calls, which he has done for the past seven years.

That all changed one day, when Spader met Alessandra Ambrosio, a Victoria's Secret model, through a friend of his. Ambrosio saw some of Spader's work and thought he had real talent.

"If it's good enough for a Victoria's Secret model, it's good enough for me," said Spader.

Since the beginning of the year, Spader has been hard at work trying to turn his hobby into a profession. He still works at PC House Calls, but hopes turn his jewelry making into his new job. Spader said often takes his jewelry with him when he goes to client's homes to fix their computers, and sometimes makes a few sales while he's there. He has also sold his jewelry at flea markets in Revere, although he said the results weren't so good.

His shop on Nantasket Beach, however, has done very well.

"I couldn't ask for a better office," said Spader, who will have a stand at the Marshfield Fair, which will run from Friday (Aug. 19) to Sunday, Aug. 28.

Spader works at his shop from the early morning until 7 p.m. After getting home, he works for a few hours marketing his product. His Web site, pookerrings.com, showcases his work with full color photos and unique names, such as the Swinging Sassy Crystal Ball Pookers or the Bombdiggity Aqualicious Tickle Anklet. Prices range from $5 to $25. The Web site also lists upcoming shows with videos and photos. Those visiting the site may notice the word Pooker in the name of nearly every piece of jewelry. Spader said this is a nickname given to him by Ambrosio.

"I've been getting good reviews from the people that wear it," said Spader.

Much of the jewelry is Spader's own design, although some of his ideas come from seeing what women are wearing. Others are custom jobs he has done for people.

Spader's work is currently being featured at the Canvas Alley Gallery in Reading, as part of the "Small Works: 100 for $100" show. While it focuses primarily on wall art such as paintings, photographs and prints, the gallery also brought in many boutique items, such as jewelry, textiles and clothing. Spader, whose work will be on display until the end of September, said he got in touch with the gallery after a customer saw his work and wanted to help get him involved with the show.

"Considering how long I've been doing it recently, I've got no complaints," said Spader.

Spader said he has always loved working with beads and crystals. Some of his prize pieces are a necklace with a unicorn and heart crystal pendant, and a pair of earrings made to look like real chandeliers. Some items can take between a few and 30 minutes to create, while his custom jobs, such as the ones he has done for Ambrosio, take two and a half to three hours.

His goal is to find new and better venues to showcase his work. He said he hopes to bring his artwork to the Florida beach circuit soon, and also wants to get a spot at the Marshfield Fair. One of Spader's first shows was at the Abington Public Library, called "Abington Artists Past and Present."

"I'm hoping this will take the place of my old job," said Spader. "I'm having too much fun."

I spent the last twenty minutes look through all the big Ale sites, and for some reason I can't find anybody giving me an eye color. I can assume that its standard brown, but I have seen several pics where her eyes have a deep acorn, almost hazel look. Probably just the light, but being from Brazil, I wouldn't doubt Alessandra had some kind of erotic colored eyes that more times than not look brown. Petra Nemcova, for example, has greenish eyes that seem bright brown in most of her pics.

Anybody know the official eye color of Alessandra?

I spent the last twenty minutes look through all the big Ale sites, and for some reason I can't find anybody giving me an eye color. I can assume that its standard brown, but I have seen several pics where her eyes have a deep acorn, almost hazel look. Probably just the light, but being from Brazil, I wouldn't doubt Alessandra had some kind of erotic colored eyes that more times than not look brown. Petra Nemcova, for example, has greenish eyes that seem bright brown in most of her pics.

Anybody know the official eye color of Alessandra?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

u mean exotic right? i hope :unsure:

It seems that our beloved A-A.net will be shutting down at the end of this month for awhile. Hopefully, Aelora will still be sharing some of her Ale pics with us at Bellazon even though she'll no longer be maintaining the site. I'm currently saving some of the rarer pics on there to archive them here, anyone wanna help? Sooo many Ale pics.