Bellazon

Trumpland U.S.A

Cult Icon

6 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Trump is in the White House because somehow the GOP field failed to beat a reality TV star who became a Republican five minutes prior to the primaries.

Then the Democrats chose a candidate with a lot of baggage who also had the added disadvantage of being female (thus losing a subsection of the electorate just due to sexism/misogyny).

Are you sure ? :p 

7 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Trump is in the White House because somehow the GOP field failed to beat a reality TV star who became a Republican five minutes prior to the primaries.

Then the Democrats chose a candidate with a lot of baggage who also had the added disadvantage of being female (thus losing a subsection of the electorate just due to sexism/misogyny).

You forgot to mention the fact the Democrats candidate was bat-shit crazy :Dinah:

12 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

And owning many Congressmen and Senators :rofl:

Something so blatantly self evident. The perception that politicians are so easily bought is one reason why voter turnout, a good measure of  trust in Washington is at an historic low. And incidentally, that is also why from this point on it will be almost impossible for a career politician with traditional party affiliations ( with all the hubris) to win the presidency. We will see more of these 'outsiders' running on the Dems or GOP ticket

1 hour ago, PinkCouture said:

^ I saw it last night and it was hilarious! :rofl: 

Megyn said he was like Jekyll and Hyde. He was pleasant when the cameras were off but became a jerk when they turned the cameras on.

Vlad' is a shy guy. 

2 hours ago, PinkCouture said:

^ I saw it last night and it was hilarious! :rofl: 

Megyn said he was like Jekyll and Hyde. He was pleasant when the cameras were off but became a jerk when they turned the cameras on.

Hmm, wonder where he gets his potion at :whistle:

On 6/3/2017 at 10:26 AM, SympathysSilhouette said:

Renewable energy generate nearly 100% of Germany's energy. A reminder that they are the third biggest economy in the world.

There are also initiatives such as this:

http://www.sustainability.coop/project/citizen-energy-berlin-bürgerenergie-berlin-eg

It makes little sense to look back at stuff like coal in 2017 imho.

This is a strange claim of yours. (about Germany being 100%, obviously all Germans aren't driving electric cars and eg. electric depots are being installed by taxpayer funds)  Coal is still important for power generation in North America and China, and its fall is due to natural gas, rather than alternative energy.  Water is obviously terrain based.  Nuclear power has regulatory hurdles and political problems due to the disasters in Japan. 

In the USA I see Wind and solar largely with gov't projects, farmers, and virtual signaling wealthy people.

Politics isn't supposed to "make sense" from a Utopian standpoint anyway, it's a power struggle.

Also, the US economy is roughly equivalent to the entire EU combined and the dimensions are greater.

On 6/3/2017 at 10:44 AM, SympathysSilhouette said:

It's largely in disappointment in the previous decade.  The "Trump voter" is very complicated to generalize while the Hilary voter is quite straightfoward to.

23 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

This is a very bizarre claim of yours. (about Germany being 100%, obviously all Germans aren't driving electric cars and eg. electric depots are being installed by taxpayer funds)  Coal is still important for power generation in North America and China, and its fall is due to natural gas, rather than alternative energy.  Nuclear power has regulatory hurdles and political problems due to the disasters in Japan. 

Politics isn't supposed to "make sense" from a Utopian standpoint anyway, it's a power struggle.

Thankfully all forms of fossil fuels are losing favor to renewable energy due to how quickly they are evolving in price and technology. Plus, they make sense on a environmental stand point. Why I look to Europe, China, Japan, and California, to pave the way! Just a few short years before you see major disruptions happen in energy grids across the globe, heck, they are happening now.

On 6/3/2017 at 11:04 AM, elfstone said:

Something so blatantly self evident. The perception that politicians are so easily bought is one reason why voter turnout, a good measure of  trust in Washington is at an historic low. And incidentally, that is also why from this point on it will be almost impossible for a career politician with traditional party affiliations ( with all the hubris) to win the presidency. We will see more of these 'outsiders' running on the Dems or GOP ticket

There is also the classic "state rights" issue and the belief that the federal gov't and liberal progressives funnel taxpayer dollars disproportionately into population dense nodes (DC, NYC, NE USA, etc.) while leaving the rest of the country underdeveloped.

I've been spending a lot of time in Pennsylvania for the past month and much of the state's housing in more economically depressed areas looks like its from the 1970s or earlier.  The coal towns look very run down with trailers, like something from the 1930s mixed with the 1960s (but state funds maintain the roads). 

I saw one, quite underwhelming.. anti-trump rally in front of Penn's Capitol building: About 30-40 middle aged persons with signs.  They yelled for a couple of hours and then marched around in a circle for a bit and left.

6 hours ago, PinkCouture said:

Putin is not a czar, so he has to reckon with his electorate.  He had to show off his firm standpoint and attitude about this primitive political vilification-campaign. Especially when the interview was made in his hometown, Venice of the North.

4 hours ago, jj3 said:

I was thinking to the new season of House of Cards, and then i realized it will be pretty hard to make it worse than the current prez there :rofl: 

i haven't watched this show since S1, how is it?

6 hours ago, ILUVAdrianaLima said:

Thankfully all forms of fossil fuels are losing favor to renewable energy due to how quickly they are evolving in price and technology. Plus, they make sense on a environmental stand point. Why I look to Europe, China, Japan, and California, to pave the way! Just a few short years before you see major disruptions happen in energy grids across the globe, heck, they are happening now.

I think, in the US there will be significant gains in 10-20 years but fossil fuel will still be dominant.  The USA, thanks to its low population density and large, undeveloped tracts will still be a nation with a lot of "natura splendor" and clean air outside of the cities.  

The EU is economically depressed and a demographic disaster so with zero growth they have the least potential for pollution.   China, the world factory, is a disaster as far as pollution goes and will only get worse as they still have high growth by western standards.  Their cities and industrial sites are so polluted that citizens walk around in face-masks.   They are the biggest coal polluter and most of their electricity is from burning coals.  There is also India, and Latin America that will continue growing.    This is why i see no hope in stopping or stabilizing the carbon footprint in most of my lifetime.

9 hours ago, jj3 said:

Vlad' is a shy guy. 

8 hours ago, ILUVAdrianaLima said:

Hmm, wonder where he gets his potion at :whistle:

The whole interview made my night and I was sick the whole weekend! :p It is safe to say Megyn didn't have a great day at work (felt kinda bad for her). She didn't get to ask all the questions she had for him b/c he was not having it :rofl: 

"Your lives must be boring":mellow:

2 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

I think, in the US there will be significant gains in 10-20 years but fossil fuel will still be dominant.  The USA, thanks to its low population density and large, undeveloped tracts will still be a nation with a lot of "natura splendor" and clean air outside of the cities.  

The EU is economically depressed and a demographic disaster so with zero growth they have the least potential for pollution.   China, the world factory, is a disaster as far as pollution goes and will only get worse as they still have high growth by western standards.  Their cities and industrial sites are so polluted that citizens walk around in face-masks.   They are the biggest coal polluter and most of their electricity is from burning coals.  There is also India, and Latin America that will continue growing. This is why i see no hope in stopping or stabilizing the carbon footprint in most of my lifetime.

People tend to underestimate the technological curve and how willing a society can change according to how dire a situation becomes! Time and time again the forecast for renewable energy deployment is far too conservative and the addition of outside factors, such as unexpected innovation and market forces, speed up the numbers being targeted for energy overhaul. The slowest transition will be automobiles but utility scale generation can feasible go 100% renewable within a short decade and many cities and state are well on their way to those goals! :yes: Just wait and see, in one short decade u will see the complete collapse of coal, a tumble in oil prices, middle east in economic turmoil, utility scale projects of solar, wind, and other renewable sources priced well below what natural gas can offer on a kWh base. At this point, mass production is finally in place to ultimately end our fossil fuel dependence! Thankfully we shall see this well in our lifetime :hehe:

1 hour ago, PinkCouture said:

The whole interview made my night and I was sick the whole weekend! :p It is safe to say Megyn didn't have a great day at work (felt kinda bad for her). She didn't get to ask all the questions she had for him b/c he was not having it :rofl: 

"Your lives must be boring":mellow:

I had some good moments as well Pinky :rofl: