Bellazon

The 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

toodarnhot

4 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

Yeah, I was just talking more about the trend that they seemed to have going on this year, especially since they made a point of bringing up the opening and closing in the fitting videos and interviews. :idk: 

After party pictures are going up on Getty. I'm liking a lot of the dresses. 

Yeah that makes sense.

And for those who are sad that Jasmine didnt close... She will have more screentime than most of the angels and her own FB segment to be sure.

Looking at it now, I really wouldn't have a problem with this being Iza's last year in the show. She has had an amazing year so far, campaign with Nike, Two outfits and two wings in the show this year, at the Rio Olympics, and that yummy footballer boyfriend Kevin Trapp. I would be on Cloud 9 if I was Iza right now. 

After 4 hours of seeing through over 100 pages of the fashion show

The first and only thing I can think to say right now is.... 

Where is Todd Thomas ??? :/

How in God's name did Victoria's Secret manage to turn from sex kitten bombshell to Halloween costume party in under 12 years 

How did we go from 

This... 

ec0e40b9282b3803b9cc93a6b2fdee83.jpg

And this... 

de1138d8f05f28192b00d90c6ba1fd33.jpg

To this being the lead opening for the show 

imageproxy.jpg

You guys this is making me sad I've never felt so negative watching a VS show like this a lot of the outfits are not flattering this year. (( Why are the majority of the outfits covering there stomach's ? It's a Lingerie fashion show for crying out loud!!)) This is worse than last year and I skipped last year's show

At least Adriana once again got the loudest cheers of the night. A true Queen :heart:

Oh and poor Martha she deserves better. :cry: 

Eta: Are the rumors about the seats not being fully filled true ?

Thanks to everyone for all the pictures!

For the most part I liked several of the outfits this year, including the dragon. That of course can change with the editing and in motion. 

If Lily is on her way out she's been immortalized on a credit card so other than opening the show she has done as much as she can.

7 minutes ago, GloriaLB17 said:

After 4 hours of seeing through over 100 pages of the fashion show

The first and only thing I can think to say right now is.... 

Where is Todd Thomas ??? :/

How in God's name did Victoria's Secret manage to turn from sex kitten bombshell to Halloween costume party in under 12 years 

How did we go from 

This... 

ec0e40b9282b3803b9cc93a6b2fdee83.jpg

And this... 

de1138d8f05f28192b00d90c6ba1fd33.jpg

To this being the lead opening for the show 

imageproxy.jpg

You guys this is making me sad I've never felt so negative watching a VS show like this a lot of the outfits are not flattering this year. (( Why are the majority of the outfits covering there stomach's ? It's a Lingerie fashion show for crying out loud!!)) This is worse than last year and I skipped last year's show

At least Adriana once again got the loudest cheers of the night. A true Queen :heart:

Oh and poor Martha she deserves better. :cry: 

Eta: Are the rumors about the seats not being fully filled true ?

I don't think its fair comparing the highlights of one show and the low lights of another. Some people seem to forget that shows back then were equally as shitty if not worse in the outfit department. I had linked a picture of Ale in 2003 Sexy Super Heroines wearing a body suit with a chinese dragon running up her stomach, what does that have to do with fighting crime? There were plenty of ugly outfits in the years prior to this and that comes from someone who watches each year at least a couple times from start to finish annually. 

If we're gonna knock something its the choice of music, the remixes back in the day were legendary, I still have a playlist of every song from 2003 to present of every track that was played in chronological order and I find myself skipping the newer years more often than the ones almost a decade ago. 

We also can't knock the design aspect of the show because from what we've seen in the "Making of" segments sketches are made and then hired artisans get what they see and interpret it how they want, then it eventually is edited and fitted. 

2 hours ago, RaffyPooh said:

I remember first seeing you back in 2003 and thought "wow what a stunner but will it last?" Now 13 years later you come back as our mystery girl and I'm so impressed with your beauty! Bill you really are one of the greatest models to grace our glitter runway. 

DLLeHAOs.jpg rexfeatures_7529849c.jpg 

#Puberty #BodyByIza #Supermodel #Slay 

Might be my favorite post of the day. #historylesson #bodybybill #dragonmytailtovsfs

I miss the really big, theatrical wings that they used to have more of. Simpler lingerie without so many bells and whistles + amazing wings is one of the things that made the older shows so much better. 

It's really time for the creative team to be revamped. They've become stale in their ideas and they think that by adding more and more it's going to make it different or better, when really it's the same old stuff every year, just new levels of tacky. At the very least they need to add a new member or two if they aren't going to get rid of the team they have now.

6 minutes ago, RaffyPooh said:

I don't think its fair comparing the highlights of one show and the low lights of another.

But Elsa’s outfit is the opening outfit so it was meant to be one of the highlights of the show so in that sense it’s fair to compare it to Heidi’s past outfits.

Bridget’s outfit had nothing couture about it. It basically looks off-the-rack.

7 minutes ago, RaffyPooh said:

I don't think its fair comparing the highlights of one show and the low lights of another. Some people seem to forget that shows back then were equally as shitty if not worse in the outfit department. I had linked a picture of Ale in 2003 Sexy Super Heroines wearing a body suit with a chinese dragon running up her stomach, what does that have to do with fighting crime? There were plenty of ugly outfits in the years prior to this and that comes from someone who watches each year at least a couple times from start to finish annually. 

Bless you! I somehow ended up looking at some pics of the 2007 show and the thing was ridiculous. The thing is we tend to romanticize the past shows but it was just more or less the same because not everyone is gonna like the 81 outfits or the make up or the setting, etc..

1 hour ago, Clauds said:

"Mirror mirror on the wall, who rides Taylor's dick hardest of them all?" 

"You are strong, you are beautiful and you are NOT getting fired Martha. It doesn't mean anything that you didn't do cool stuff this year"

When Clauds rivaled Bill... :rofl: 

1 minute ago, Maggiemay said:

Bless you! I somehow ended up looking at some pics of the 2007 show and the thing was ridiculous. The thing is we tend to romanticize the past shows but it was just more or less the same because not everyone is gonna like the 81 outfits or the make up or the setting, etc..

I agree! Plus we're spoiled rotten with wings nowadays, most segments had 2 or 3 back then and now most segments have a good 60-70% of their looks with some sort of wing or adornment. Everyone always comments about how "their" model didn't get wings or was robbed not opening or closing. But the shows in the mid to late 2000s were far more repetitious, simpler, and with fewer wings. I guess ultimately you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't. There'll be criticism from both ends whether something is changed. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.