Bellazon

The 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

toodarnhot

My first comment in the forum :blush: 

Been a Vs fashion show fan since they started in the 90s and just wanted to share a few thoughts:

1. VS should have the show broadcast live. I think is lame to have clips and pictures online and in the press before been able to see the show on TV. If the show was live more people would tune in just out of curiosity if not more just to check if anyone tripped on the runway :devil:Too much dodgy editing can be very distracting and annoying as f well.
  2. The company is going international at least 15 too late. For most people outside the US the show always been about the fit models and costumes a bit over the top. Online shopping only took off big time about 10 years ago, but like my employers like to say. is still important to retailers to have shops because it helps building the costumers confidence in what they are buying. They really should have cashed on the popularity of the show in the early 2000s, they really missed an chance in being a global brand when they were at they peak and looks like they only doing it now out of desperation because their popularity in the US is declining quickly. They also always had supermodels from all over the world walking in the show as angels and they missed the chance of doing that 'shop the look' thing.
  3. less is more. They knew how long the time slot of the show was going to be, so why create more looks than ever for more models than ever :beating:  if  there was 10-15 extra minutes to the show it would be fine. But is obvious that I would mean less exposure for each model and look. This year had the potential to be one of the best shows because I really like a lot of the outfits but because of the speed and closeness of the models just looks messy and is hard to see the outfits that we the public are supposed to buy.

If I were to change anything about the VSFS, definitely cut some angels and models and add new ones: like I said earlier my ideal Angel lineup would be Adriana, Candice, Behati, Jasmine, Elsa, Josephine and Lais, I love Alessandra and Lily but I think they should be done with this already, but it'd be sad to see Ale go

Kelly Gale, Maria Borges and Grace Elizabeth would make GREAT New Angels and are definitely gonna have people talking, they just have star power on the runway

For regulars, Lily D can go home and never come back. Everyone agrees and I'm so sick of seeing her haggard ass on the runway every year..Joan can go too but she does slay so that's up for debate. 

There should be 30-37 girls max on the runway,  no more...stop tryna make every girl's dream come true lol  :no: 

Fire Sophia and the other designers and bring a whole new team who can create looks that are less costumey. Bring back the lingerie! Less is more VS! There should be only be 2-3 wings per segment and one HUGE pair of wings for one segment every year. Only 2 huge performers: Beyoncé for example and a girl group or band for PINK. Only 2 segments should have those performers and also they can perform solo too. And bring back the dirty sexinesssss, more revealing and better sexy remixes!!!

also I agree with changing the date, however IMO it should be in mid February instead during Valentine's Day...I mean how sexy would that be?   

1 minute ago, Miss_Vogue said:

I can't choose just one, so here my top 5 (it's not only the outfit, but also the unforgettable moment on the runway):

a71247e77c0bc0139426b96c1a4a639c.jpgVictoria+Secret+Fashion+Show+Runway+Ts-Jaf5cd7b464207c43b36c9127498ae879.jpgf2b0b49ea7dae5ee0ba16209d0a9f4f8.jpgarticle-2229381-15E83751000005DC-457_634

We have almost exact taste, the first 2 are my top 20, and the last one with Candice is my number one of all time. I don't know if I am only one thinking this but that outfit looked like fb, so iconic, both her outfit, her walk, presence, body etc.

2 minutes ago, bellazonelurker said:

We have almost exact taste, the first 2 are my top 20, and the last one with Candice is my number one of all time. I don't know if I am only one thinking this but that outfit looked like fb, so iconic, both her outfit, her walk, presence, body etc.

It actually looked better than Ale's Fantasy Bra that year! I remember in the 2013 show when Candice opened the show with the FB, my mom (who used to watch the shows with me during their golden years) thought that Candice had a 2 fantasy bras in a row :rofl:

33 minutes ago, almanaotemcor said:

victorias-secret-fashion-show-2014-candi doutzen-kroes-2012-victoria-s-secret-fas be15c3c8817c0ba981fa1601e72699d6.jpg 1922557ee394c3d2f5e442b906cb993b.jpg

I can not choose just one. These have definitely been my favorites

Candice and the 2nd of D are great. The outfit of Behati didn't suite her at all. Her legs were to skinny for it and makes her belly the focus of attention. The outfit was originally destined for Lais I believe but then she got that accident (she fell). I have often noticed that VS don't pay attention to the shape of the models and give the wrong outfits to the wrong girls (but often they also do an excellent job).

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.