Bellazon

The 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

toodarnhot

1 hour ago, ltwilla103 said:

I think she interviews better than Adriana. She a lot of press for the show from what I've seen on tv. I live in LA so maybe its different where you live. I still don't think she's going anywhere for a while. They've never particularly treated her well as an angel. She didn't open a segment until 2008 when Gisele and Karolina each opened 2 in 2006. I think that she and Adriana play vital roles that can't be filled by the other girls...yet.

I think the only thing ale has better than adriana is a waist and probably english

I don't mind them splitting the girls up every now and then because there's just so many models to focus on, but I hate when they split them up by Veteran Angels vs. New Angels. They need to intermingle with them, and I think it would also help some of the NA because the Vet Angels can pass on some advice and the NA could learn first hand experience from them since they've been doing this for years so they can get better. It would also help with chemistry in the future if a NA was paired in a duo or trio with one or more of the Vet Angels.

1 hour ago, ltwilla103 said:

I agree with this but it's always been much worse for Adriana in Gisele's shadow. There was that one interview where they asked her if she was inspired by Gisele and she looked upset and I felt bad for her.

I disagree with it. Ofc gisele is gisele.

But adriana's looks being more acceptable in society, insured her from being "badly" under her shadow.

And adriana still got to open segments when she was there. And got multiple wings during a show gisele didn't get any wings.

I am a bigger fan of adriana, and I have heard bad stories about alessandra's attitude to all kinds of peoples and fans, and I still feel sorry for her in some degree when it comes to her and adriana. Even though I really shouldn't.

Ofc Gisele was the biggest thing when she was in VS but Adriana wasn't in no shadow. Too beautiful for that and VS did allow her for somethings and showed her alot in commercials. Gisele was just bigger and better. But Adriana manages to hold her own like she does today.

Adriana is no gisele, but she also was no Alessandra.

It's so funny when we would watch the 2008-2011 (except 09) shows for the first time and we enjoyed them but they weren't at the level of the 03-06 era. And we just wished they would go back to the way it was. Now I don't want them to be 03-05 again I want them to be like 08-11 (except 09) again. Those shows managed to balance Angels with new girls and performers.

Since they've had the performers be in every segment besides one it's when I found the feeling of the show has gone down majorly. Because that's when it started to feel more like it was about the performers. Why can't VS find a good balance with everything? It's all so over the place. They really need a creative overhaul soon. I hope the ratings drop even further for them to pull their heads out of their asses and fix it.

I like having performers. It gives the show a good energy. But they used to have performers who did solo performances instead of always being on the runway with the girls. Like 06 JT performed once with the girls and then solo too.

13 minutes ago, TKC said:

I disagree with it. Ofc gisele is gisele.

But adriana's looks being more acceptable in society, insured her from being "badly" under her shadow.

And adriana still got to open segments when she was there. And got multiple wings during a show gisele didn't get any wings.

I am a bigger fan of adriana, and I have heard bad stories about alessandra's attitude to all kinds of peoples and fans, and I still feel sorry for her in some degree when it comes to her and adriana. Even though I really shouldn't.

Ofc Gisele was the biggest thing when she was in VS but Adriana wasn't in no shadow. Too beautiful for that and VS did allow her for somethings and showed her alot in commercials. Gisele was just bigger and better. But Adriana manages to hold her own like she does today.

Adriana is no gisele, but she also was no Alessandra.

I agree with you in saying that they are all different models but I wasn't referring to their times as angels. I think that its crappy when Adriana is often asked during interviews about Gisele. Ale doesn't get asked about Adriana and if she's modeling her career after her. They all have drastically different careers and are arguable the three most famous models of their generation. I doubt Ale is pressed about Adri when she only goes to work 4 days of the year and makes millions from VS. The whole "in her shadow" thing is just kind of childish when I doubt they are worried about it. 

4 minutes ago, LuckyXR said:

They've realized that as a brand they are on the decline. They need the performers to draw the audience. It's less about the models for the most part.

Funny enough the ratings have been dropping each year. 2011 has the best ratings and to me was the last best show. And that's back when there were less performers with the girls. 3 segments had a performance and 3 were just the runway. It was a good balance.

I actually like the show. No too much behind backstage scene and having al the models do all talking, etc. the performers were great. It felt more like a fashion show this year. Elsa actually did really good at the opening a million times better than Behati. Gigi improve so much better with her walk. This year they focus on Jo and Sara the most.  Sara, Irina, Elsa, Grace, and Sanne were the best. Taylor, and Sara were the prettiest. Taylor walk is so boring she looks so unenergetic/dead on the runway. She really needs to improve her walk. Jo did pretty good. I would have prefer Jasmine to open or close the segment with the FB. Lily walk has improve. My favorite rookies Irina, Megan Williams, Grace, Luma, Lais Navarro. Bella was boring hopefully next year she improve her walk. Overall I would give the show 7/10. I expected more from Romee, Kelly, Lais Ribeiro, and Stella. My favorite this year is Sara

Often times I wonder how bad do ratings have to be for them to pull the plug all together. I personally liked having one big name plus the remixes. 

It it will be interesting to see what the final numbers are. It's usually aired on a Tuesday so switching it to a Monday may mean less network competition.

2001 - 12.4 million

2002 - 10.5 million

2003 - 9.4 million

2005 - 8.9 million

2006 - 6.8 million

2007 - 7.4 million

2008 - 8.7 million

2009 - 8.3 million

2010 - 9 million

2011 - 10.3 million

2012 - 9.48 million

2013 - 9.72 million

2014 - 9.29 million

2015 - 6.59 million

2016 - ?

I mean such a huge drop from 2014 to 2015 and I thought that would maybe kick them a bit but I don't know this show isn't looking so good. It could be the same or even lower.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.