Bellazon

The 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

toodarnhot

Liking that picture isn't Lais's best move, just like Sara throwing shade at Kendall... I don't get why they do these things especially nowadays with social media, your every move is documented. I don't know if the rumors of her being dropped are true? I hope not because she is actually a great VS model

1 hour ago, QueensQueensQueens said:

I feel like i'm the only one that adores Lily, alot. She's very sweet and is a good spokesperson.

I love Lily too, she's one of my favourite models even outside of the VS sphere, but she's getting "old" and she needs to go.

Since the show airs today and it's always interesting to see how much the models' followings jump after the show, here are the Angels/Pink girls IG numbers before the show has aired. 

Adriana - 8,979,490 (highest)
Alessandra - 7,477,092
Elsa - 2,975,451
Jasmine - 1,520,952
Josephine - 2,839,555
Lais - 938,330 (lowest) 
Lily - 4,612,552
Martha - 2,234,618
Sara - 4,378,002
Stella - 2,233,611
Romee - 2,380,436
Taylor - 5,815,854

Grace - 82,741 
Rachel - 431,792 (highest)
Zuri - 36,817 (lowest)

Highest to lowest is: Adriana, Alessandra, Taylor, Lily, Sara, Elsa, Josephine, Romee, Martha, Stella, Jasmine, Lais, Rachel, Grace, Zuri 

I imagine Josephine will surpass Elsa after tonight, and Grace will have the highest growth from the Pink girls. 

$10 Candice and Behati will be mentioned in the show somehow.

I don't really see the whole Lily looks old thing. Because Adriana and Alessandra look older but they still are doing great and I think Lily is too. I want Lily to be around another year. I just love her as an angel. Take away her questionable walk which is better then before but she is really a package. Her body is great, face stunning, lovely personality, great and likable spokesmodel. She's always had it all for me. I don't want her to be there forever like Adriana and Alessandra but I wanna see her stick around just a year longer. Although she's fulfilled everything she ever will as an angel.

17 minutes ago, Kevork89 said:

$10 Candice and Behati will be mentioned in the show somehow.

I don't really see the whole Lily looks old thing. Because Adriana and Alessandra look older but they still are doing great and I think Lily is too. I want Lily to be around another year. I just love her as an angel. Take away her questionable walk which is better then before but she is really a package. Her body is great, face stunning, lovely personality, great and likable spokesmodel. She's always had it all for me. I don't want her to be there forever like Adriana and Alessandra but I wanna see her stick around just a year longer. Although she's fulfilled everything she ever will as an angel.

Oh yeah, they'll definitely be mentioned and they'll talk about why they had to miss the show and how cute it is the best friends had babies around the same time.

And I don't know, it's really photos from the show where her age is sticking out to me, I think the commercials they have done this year like the holiday ones she still looks great. Maybe she was just having a bad face day for the show but that's how I feel. I do love her though, she's so good for the brand and one of their best spokesmodels so it's hard to want to see that go. 

i love lily, and she is honestly the most "accessible" angel, and i think that worked well in her favour as trends started to shift towards "girl next door" and "normal women" (re: body positive campaigns and the like) in the last couple of years, and away from the bombshells of the mid 90s. i'd love for her to stick around another year, but if she doesn't, she's clearly been working on her portfolio outside of vs as of late, so...

on that note, i thought she KILLED it in "a night at the opera"! but i could be the cheese that stands alone there...

41 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

Since the show airs today and it's always interesting to see how much the models' followings jump after the show, here are the Angels/Pink girls IG numbers before the show has aired. 

Adriana - 8,979,490 (highest)
Alessandra - 7,477,092
Elsa - 2,975,451
Jasmine - 1,520,952
Josephine - 2,839,555
Lais - 938,330 (lowest) 
Lily - 4,612,552
Martha - 2,234,618
Sara - 4,378,002
Stella - 2,233,611
Romee - 2,380,436
Taylor - 5,815,854

Grace - 82,741 
Rachel - 431,792 (highest)
Zuri - 36,817 (lowest)

Highest to lowest is: Adriana, Alessandra, Taylor, Lily, Sara, Elsa, Josephine, Romee, Martha, Stella, Jasmine, Lais, Rachel, Grace, Zuri 

I imagine Josephine will surpass Elsa after tonight, and Grace will have the highest growth from the Pink girls. 

Josephine is still more than 100k away from Elsa still. But yeah, Jo has been gaining like crazy as Elsa is mildly gaining. Romee has been gaining aswell bc she's being featured as hell by Taylor. Ofc there's no surprise Taylor been gaining big time.

Tay is gonna hit 6m for sure, Adriana 9m, Sara 4.4m and maybe 4.5m. Grace is gonna hit 100k.

Romee 2.4m. Martha and Stella are so neck-a-neck. Elsa's gonna hit 3m for sure and Ale is reaching 7.5m.

5 minutes ago, iluvitwhenya said:

i love lily, and she is honestly the most "accessible" angel, and i think that worked well in her favour as trends started to shift towards "girl next door" and "normal women" (re: body positive campaigns and the like) in the last couple of years, and away from the bombshells of the mid 90s. i'd love for her to stick around another year, but if she doesn't, she's clearly been working on her portfolio outside of vs as of late, so...

on that note, i thought she KILLED it in "a night at the opera"! but i could be the cheese that stands alone there...

No she was def the standout of that ad. My sig is proof of that lol.

Also not sure if anyone here had posted their fav looks of the show. We do it every year. Here are mine. I actually had quite a few. Secret and Dark had most of my fav looks. And yes I am one of the few that loved the Secret Angel look Adriana wore. I think it's just the way she wore it. But the belt gives her a curve that she doesn't usually have because Adriana is quite straight up and down. I think it was the right choice for her and really don't know why there was a big OMG at the outfit. It's lingerie with a belt and some wings. So these are all my fav looks from the show. I think my absolute fav is the Lais Dark Angel look.

FAV1.jpg

1 minute ago, Kevork89 said:

No she was def the standout of that ad. My sig is proof of that lol.

Also not sure if anyone here had posted their fav looks of the show. We do it every year. Here are mine. I actually had quite a few. Secret and Dark had most of my fav looks. And yes I am one of the few that loved the Secret Angel look Adriana wore. I think it's just the way she wore it. But the belt gives her a curve that she doesn't usually have because Adriana is quite straight up and down. I think it was the right choice for her and really don't know why there was a big OMG at the outfit. It's lingerie with a belt and some wings. So these are all my fav looks from the show. I think my absolute fav is the Lais Dark Angel look.

FAV1.jpg

I'll post mine after tonight :heart:     

Taylor fits all the boxes that IG's main demographic is looking for. Young and age relatable? Check. Glamorous cool job that involves lots of travel to chic/exotic locations? Check. Cute dog? Check. Boyfriend that takes sappy couple photos/works as her personal photographer?  #relationshipgoals Check. 

And, as mentioned, Taylor gets a strong push from the brands that that age bracket is following. VS heavily features her, Vogue US loves her and has her in their web content. She's very successfully imo been able to go back and forth from commercial to high fashion and that's really worked in her favour in developing a following. 

I personally would be very happy if I never had to see another snapchat or picture of Tate again.  

And yeah. The taping really isn't a big deal for the general public. All the articles and whatnot that come out from it are just promo for the actual show when it airs, and that's when the average person is going to be paying attention so that's usually when the girls see a jump in their followers. 

Right now Elsa averages 4K new followers a day, and Jo is at 7.5K. Even if she doesn't beat her tonight, she'll be ahead of her very shortly. 

17 minutes ago, gotportugal said:

I'll post mine after tonight :heart:     

Me too! :angie:

I use to find Taylor a bit annoying, mainly bc all the tumblr hype around her last couple of years. Now she's on VS, she's growing on me, maybe bc her look has matured a bit or its just VS has put her in my brain after seeing her everywhere :ninjaknives:

16 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

Taylor fits all the boxes that IG's main demographic is looking for. Young and age relatable? Check. Glamorous cool job that involves lots of travel to chic/exotic locations? Check. Cute dog? Check. Boyfriend that takes sappy couple photos/works as her personal photographer?  #relationshipgoals Check. 

And, as mentioned, Taylor gets a strong push from the brands that that age bracket is following. VS heavily features her, Vogue US loves her and has her in their web content. She's very successfully imo been able to go back and forth from commercial to high fashion and that's really worked in her favour in developing a following. 

Her looks are also a big plus :ermm:

I find Taylor Hill to be the most beautiful girl they have ever had, facially. Her walk is not eye-catching, her body is great but not on Gisele/Candice level, her interviews are quite awkward, but her face definitely outshines any model they've hired IMO. Everything from her hair, teeth, brows, eyes, lips, cheekbones, nose. She legit has it all! Blessed!

In fact I always thought she would make a brilliant Regina George from Mean Girls. :D

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.