Bellazon

The 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

toodarnhot

2 minutes ago, starss said:

Is it me or the segments all look repetitive?

all-black lingerie, multi-cultural lingerie again like in 2014 (got nightmares with the exotic traveller vibes of road ahead)

shiny-crystal vintage old-hollywood lingerie like in 2012

:sad:

The mountain theme feels like the only new theme. Everything else is a rehash of what's been seen before. They really need to fire the creative team. In the making of video Ed and Monica pick the themes. I mean come on. You're setting the show in Paris and don't even have any Parisian/French themes. I can understand that because most likely they chose the sections long before they picked the location but there are so many ideas that they've never executed and they keep rehashing the same shit.

I mean I'm not surprised or anything.

3 minutes ago, Kevork89 said:

The mountain theme feels like the only new theme. Everything else is a rehash of what's been seen before. They really need to fire the creative team. In the making of video Ed and Monica pick the themes. I mean come on. You're setting the show in Paris and don't even have any Parisian/French themes. I can understand that because most likely they chose the sections long before they picked the location but there are so many ideas that they've never executed and they keep rehashing the same shit.

I mean I'm not surprised or anything.

Agreed. So while that one may turn out to be a little too costume-y, I like that it's at least a new idea. I'm sure they had some kind of Parisian/Marie Antoinette theme they've talked about before that they could have reworked that to fit this year. 

Two segments look like it's primarily all black lingerie (with maybe dark green shoes?), which is not only repetitive in the show itself, but repetitive of 2014 with AB. Sophia used the same keywords to describe both of them too. They're clearly in need of some new minds on the team that decides segments but they have been for years.

12 minutes ago, ceceshores said:

Agreed. So while that one may turn out to be a little too costume-y, I like that it's at least a new idea. I'm sure they had some kind of Parisian/Marie Antoinette theme they've talked about before that they could have reworked that to fit this year. 

Two segments look like it's primarily all black lingerie (with maybe dark green shoes?), which is not only repetitive in the show itself, but repetitive of 2014 with AB. Sophia used the same keywords to describe both of them too. They're clearly in need of some new minds on the team that decides segments but they have been for years.

Since I'm interested in designing and that kinda stuff, I've created several themes for the show and I'm shocked they haven't come up with some of those ideas. Themes I thought of (some were actually mentioned before by some of you) were Masquerade, Brazilian Carnival, Fairy Tale Characters, Music theme, Burlesque, Fun Fair, Arabian, Gatsby, Amazonian and for PINK something like 50s, 60s, 70s etc., Festival theme and maybe a PINK destination with a London, Tokyo, Paris, Moscow etc look.

Just now, DeadlyRebel said:

Since I'm interested in designing and that kinda stuff, I've created several themes for the show and I'm still shocked they haven't come up with new ideas. Themes I thought of (some were actually mentioned before by some of you) were Masquerade, Brazilian Carnival, Fairy Tale Characters, Music theme, Burlesque, Fun Fair, Arabian, Gatsby, Amazonian and for PINK something like 50s, 60s, 70s etc., Festival theme and maybe a PINK destination with a London, Tokyo, Paris, Moscow etc look.

A music theme would be so interesting! I think Burlesque and Gatsby could blend great together. And since they would like to continue with something repetitive give them amazonian angels so they can get a nature segment

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.