Bellazon

Maggie Rawlins
Thumbnail

DanniCullen

I love Maggie but I never get over how VS can manage to make her look so ordinary in some of their shots.

She honestly looks better in many of her candids. I honestly don't know who does the art direction/styling for their shots, but it's so poorly done. :ninja:

VS catalog work is exceptionally good at bad. All one needs to do is compare her (anyone's) catalog work for other products to theirs. She elevates much of what they do with (to) her, you are so so right.

VS catalog work is exceptionally good at bad. All one needs to do is compare her (anyone's) catalog work for other products to theirs. She elevates much of what they do with (to) her, you are so so right.

It's like they get this incredibly beautiful model to work with and they go "okay how can me make her look as unattractive as we can manage?".

I don't about trying to make them look unattractive, but I do think VS has changed something recently. Maggie still looks great, but Kelsey Merritt and Alana Felisberto's recent VS pics vs. a year or two ago are not as good. I don't know if it's make up, hair, lighting. Maybe they are going for less of a super model look and more every day woman? 

I don't about trying to make them look unattractive, but I do think VS has changed something recently. Maggie still looks great, but Kelsey Merritt and Alana Felisberto's recent VS pics vs. a year or two ago are not as good. I don't know if it's make up, hair, lighting. Maybe they are going for less of a super model look and more every day woman? 

Well I'm exaggerating of course. I'm not claiming they are literally trying to make her look unattractive. But the entire style of their shoots is definitely not getting the maximum out of their models, especially if you compare it to their work for other companies. It's super-bland, almost as if they are trying to make everything look as neutral as possible.