Bellazon

Captain America: Civil War (2016)

Michael*

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Martin Freeman is now confirmed to be playing Everett Ross, who traditionally I believe serves as the American government’s man in Wakanda. It’s a part that I'd imagine would bring Freeman into the Black Panther’s world and probably make him a safe bet to make even more appearances later on. :hehe:

• 2 weeks later...

According to a recent listing, 'Civil War' is going to be the longest MCU film to date, clocking in at what I suppose you'd have to say is a rather lengthy running time of 2 hours and 26 minutes. Fans of superhero movies are going to be spending a lot of time in cinemas over the next couple of months. :laugh:

Thanks @toodarnhot, that looked fantastic. :heythere:

There's small part of me that wishes I hadn't seen some of what was in it, it would have been amazing to have gone in blind and just enjoyed the surprises. Spidey's intro was especially great though, I like that they're using the same effect from 'Deadpool' to make his eyes emote. Also, Hawkeye shooting Ant-Man on one of his arrows? Yes please. :ddr:

As far as the actual civil war element goes, Team Cap looks like a serious underdog here. Stark has the godlike Vision, Rhodey (effectively a second Iron Man), Spidey, Widow and Panther on side. Rogers’ most powered-up ally will be Wanda, then the not-really-very-scary Ant-Man, Bucky, Hawkeye and Falcon. Although I suppose Lang could be more threatening if he's able to access Giant Man mode, as is currently rumoured. :chicken:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got to see it earlier today. I'm aware that a lot of people haven't had the chance to go yet so I'll keep it as vague as I possibly can, but I'm happy to report that everything about it just hit the mark for me. The story is a bit of a slow burner with a very economical approach to action, which I personally prefer, but the fight scenes that were there were superbly done. The plot worked like a Swiss watch, the development for the supporting characters was better than that of main characters in most films and the dialogue was sparkling. I'm pretty sure it's my favourite MCU effort to date. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Really liked that movie. After "Avengers 2" -which I didn't like very much- I was a bit afraid but no, Marvel still got it :p I think Tom Holland is a great new Spider-Man. Awesome first appearance. Same for Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther :thumbsup:

Sometimes funny as hell sometimes heartbreaking as hell. Amazing action scenes.

I'm Team Bucky btw :heart: Sebastian Stan made the greatest job of all :smile:

On 5/2/2016 at 0:44 PM, Michael* said:

I'm pretty sure it's my favourite MCU effort to date. :thumbsup:

I think I agree! I'm a huge fan of Cap: TFA but I loved Civil War! A better Avengers movie than the goddamn Avengers. 

Still reeling over the fact that the Captain America films have been the best and most consistent ones in the MCU. 

Since I work a lot in ethics (ha and international diplomacy) this movie was everything, plot-wise, I could have dreamed of. From the outside, in the beginning, it looked like this was going to be a disaster because Movie Tony being pro-Superhero Registration was  not a position they built up over the course of the other phases, but I really, really liked what they did instead of the Registration Act. It didn't feel cartoonish or outlandish, I could see both sides having points, and it was a vital choice to be made. Not to mention the end reveal, and that villain, just amazing.  

I'm so, so excited for the Black Panther solo movie now. I wasn't particularly invested before, but Chadwick Boseman is something special as T'Challa. What a character.