Bellazon

I hate...

Lyla

My mother...

btw JJ, did you know that offering an opinion really means your trying to control someone's life? :banghead:

:D, That's a classic ! She says that to me all the time... and in my case, if i say nothing to one of her new bullshit she is preparing to do, she says that i don't care of her...that's a vicious circle where they are always winner.

Yesterday i tried to help her to count her money, that i just gave her btw, and she accused me to try to snoop what she has in her purse LOL  :persuazn:

People who participate in "big game" hunting.

Et tu, Alexandra?

lebron, do you like big game hunting?!

boo hoo

...no words.  Hunting for sustenance or to control the animal population is one thing, but hunting endangered species whose meat we can't even eat for the purpose of having a "trophy" is cruel.

They're not endangered.  And killing a lion isn't much different than killing a deer.  It's not a big deal. 

And this reaction to Cecil the Miracle Lion is completely drummed up.  It's all a distraction anyways. :shifty:

killing just to have fun is a big deal  :anger:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cecil_(lion)  Educate yourself, lebron.  The hunter killed him in a very vicious (and illegal) way.  And now Cecil's pride is going to all be killed as well as a consequence of the hunter's actions.  That nutjob from MN who shot Cecil had already committed numerous hunting infractions in my state. On top of it all, to pay $50,000 so you can kill a lion is just sickening.

Regarding your comment about deer, there is a deer overpopulation in some states, so as a result there is a legal "hunting season" during which deer hunting is allowed.There are many rules surrounding this, including getting a permit. The idiot who shot Cecil, for example, did not have the proper permit to do what he did.

Educate yourself, lebron.

No.

He said he thought they had the proper permits.  I think it was the local guides fault.  I don't see what the money has to do with it?  Some of that money goes to conservation.  I think that you are eating up too much of the media's drama.  I think his cubs will be relocated or something. 

I don't see what the big difference is between shooting a deer and a lion.  I understand the different circumstances but I don't morally see a difference so I'm just not bothered.  There is no need to get all Jimmy Kimmel about it.

There are worse things going on in the animal kingdom.  Here, watch something really sad.

https://youtu.be/_ldUn5IoVaA?t=53m18s

Educate yourself, lebron.

No.

He said he thought they had the proper permits.  I think it was the local guides fault.  I don't see what the money has to do with it?  Some of that money goes to conservation.  I think that you are eating up too much of the media's drama.  I think his cubs will be relocated or something. 

I don't see what the big difference is between shooting a deer and a lion.  I understand the different circumstances but I don't morally see a difference so I'm just not bothered.  There is no need to get all Jimmy Kimmel about it.

There are worse things going on in the animal kingdom.  Here, watch something really sad.

https://youtu.be/_ldUn5IoVaA?t=53m18s

Killing for fun or "sport" is bad. And you are right, killing a lion or a deer make no difference & it's bad.

One of the reason I can't stand that guy Bear Grylls <_<

And that stoopid dentist also killed Cecil's cubs since when the leader of the pack dies, the second male is killing his cubs.

so by killing 1 lion, he killed 3 more. Butterfly effect. And I don't think they can relocate the cubs. I wish they could.

And yes, the animal kingdom is ruthless but animals do what they have to do when we, humans, we do what we want to do without thinking about the consequences. Or after, when it's too late.

But that "hunting" on the net for the guy who killed the lion is completely crazy. He is an asshole but he doesn't deserve to die.

It's different morally because there is an overpopulation of deer and not of lions.  Also, you can eat deer meat (venison), while pretty much no one eats lion meat.  Furthermore, if you kill a deer, there isn't the consequence of its children dying, as well, as is the case with lions.

I can see how to you it's a bit of a blurry line.  To be honest I'm not even really in favor of deer hunting.  Hunting for the purpose of sustenance is the only acceptable kind in my book.  The only kind of hunting I will participate in is fishing using the catch and release method (you catch it and then let it go).

Oh, and pretty sure that dude was lying about the proper permit stuff.  They LURED the lion out of its sanctuary knowing it had a monitoring device on it and then killed it.  Even so, they didn't have a proper permit for what they did.  As I said, this guy has racked up a list of hunting violations in the past - this isn't a one time occurrence for him.

It's different morally because there is an overpopulation of deer and not of lions.  Also, you can eat deer meat (venison), while pretty much no one eats lion meat.  Furthermore, if you kill a deer, there isn't the consequence of its children dying, as well, as is the case with lions.

I can see how to you it's a bit of a blurry line.  To be honest I'm not even really in favor of deer hunting.  Hunting for the purpose of sustenance is the only acceptable kind in my book.  The only kind of hunting I will participate in is fishing using the catch and release method (you catch it and then let it go).

Oh, and pretty sure that dude was lying about the proper permit stuff.  They LURED the lion out of its sanctuary knowing it had a monitoring device on it and then killed it.  Even so, they didn't have a proper permit for what they did.  As I said, this guy has racked up a list of hunting violations in the past - this isn't a one time occurrence for him.

Oh I agree with you 100%

jj3 - Unfortunately, I know people who act like that girl in Candice's instagram photo.  I don't know anyone personally who has killed a lion (I don't think), but many in the USA like to hunt wild animals in order to have a trophy.  Everyone's entitled to their opinion on the matter of course (lebron), but many can agree that when the animal isn't doing anyone any harm, you don't plan to eat it, and it's endangered, it's very selfish to kill it just so you have a trophy for your basement or whatever.

In this day and age, killing big game just seems very unnecessarily cruel.  At the same time, humans are designed to hunt for food, so it's unsurprising that some people enjoy the process.   It's all a bit of a gray area, as I said earlier, but killing something because it's "pretty" or "exotic" or it'll make you feel powerful that you managed to get it is pretty disturbing.  Doing that just makes it so in the future, that beautiful animal will be extinct.

Humans are the most powerful in the animal kingdom, but we don't have to abuse that.

Getting off the soap box now.... ;)