Bellazon

Daily Quotes

Lyla

“Life is like a movie, if you've sat through more than half of it and its sucked every second so far, it probably isn't gonna get great right at the end and make it all worthwhile. None should blame you for walking out early.”
 Doug Stanhope

“But every time an artist dies young, Kurt Cobain or whatever, it's always the people -- "It's so sad, he had so much more to give." How do you know? Maybe he was out of shit. He got all the money, he did all the drugs, he f***d all your holes, and that's the American Dream. And when you're done with that, you go, "Oh, that's why they call it a dream. It's bullshit. I'm still empty.”
 Doug Stanhope

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"The death of the body is accompanied by less agony than the death of the ego, the separate self. The death of the self is a tearing away of everything we imagine to be solid, a crumbling of the walls we have built to hide behind. Letting go of the self-protection which is constantly bargaining with the suffering of the mind, there may arise a dizziness and a nausea, like coming out of a tiny cave into the endless vistas of the Himalayas. It means the death of everything we have learned to be, all the thoughts and projections that so enamored us in the past and created someone for us to be in the future. All is allowed to die back into the flow of life.

When all we have imagined ourselves to be is allowed to die, all is seen in its essentially empty, impermanent nature. And we experience the superficiality of the separate self we have clung to so long."

Stephen Levine

• 2 weeks later...

"People who are excited by posthumous fame forget that the people who remember them will soon die too. And those after them in turn. Until their memory, passed from one to another like a candle flame, gutters and goes out."

“If you are pained by any external thing, it is not this thing that disturbs you, but your own judgment about it. And it is in your power to wipe out this judgment now.”

Marcus Aurelius

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Keep in mind how fast things pass by and are gone — those that are now, and those to come. Existence flows past us like a river: the “what” is in constant flux, the “why” has a thousand variations. Nothing is stable, not even what’s right here. The infinity of past and future gapes before us — a chasm whose depths we cannot see. So it would take an idiot to feel self-importance or distress. Or any indignation, either. As if the things that irritate us lasted.

Yes, keep on degrading yourself, soul. But soon your chance at dignity will be gone. Everyone gets one life. Yours is almost used up, and instead of treating yourself with respect, you have entrusted your own happiness to the souls of others."

Marcus Aurelius

“This is the first point to be made: and the first action to be taken is to pull ourselves together. If we are all going to be destroyed by an atomic bomb, let that bomb when it comes find us doing sensible and human things— praying, working, teaching, reading, listening to music, bathing the children, playing tennis, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts— nut huddled together like frightened sheep and thinking about bombs. They may break our bodies (a microbe can do that) but they need not dominate our minds.

CS Lewis

"You must be prepared to work always without applause." — Ernest Hemingway

"There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will." -Epictetus

"If You Know How Quickly People Forget the Dead, You'll Stop Living to Impress People" — Christopher Walken

“If you accomplish something good with hard work, the labor passes quickly, but the good endures; if you do something shameful in pursuit of pleasure, the pleasure passes quickly, but the shame endures”
― Musonius Rufus

“To accept injury without a spirit of savage resentment-to show ourselves merciful toward those who wrong us-being a source of good hope to them-is characteristic of a benevolent and civilized way of life.”
― Musonius Rufus

On 1/13/2020 at 5:19 PM, SuperG.Girl said:

I'm smart enough to know that I'm dumb.

Richard Feynman

Feynman is awesome. He's one of my favorite physicists. I listenned to the Feynman lectures on physics when I was a student, I loved it. The guy is smart and funny.