Bellazon

Daily Quotes

Lyla

• 2 months later...

Far better is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, for they live in gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt

This is only true within limits :(

The tradition whereby someone is honored can be celebrated with everything from chilled milk or a frothed cappuccino, to a sparkling champagne substitute or frosty nonalcoholic beer. It's not the value of the drink that makes the memory, but rather the true feelings of sincere goodness in one's heart for another. Within the shared intimacies of the relationship, words of encouragement become liken to a prayer, as special meaning connects thoughts to hearts, and moments to lifetimes. Even the most mundane or trite becomes a celebration as friendships bond, invoking good will for one's future. A simple, spontaneous gesture and thoughtful reflection now lingers in the mind as time stands still in the busyness of our worlds.

Wedding toasts:

May you never lie, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in each other's arms. And if you must cheat, cheat death. But if you must drink, drink with all of us because we love you.

May you share a joy that grows deeper, a friendship that grows closer, and a marriage that grows richer through the years.

• 1 month later...

I have never studied the art of paying compliments to women, but I must say that if all that has been said by orators and poets since the creation of the world in praise of women were applied to the women of America, it would not do them justice. God bless the women of America.
—ABRAHAM LINCOLN

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"Instead of rotting away from cancer like a sad little goat boy, I've decided to find a way to live forever in another living form. Something that's a little more hardier kind of breed, more Hollywood-savvy. Right now with the help of several Native American shamans, we are creating a blueprint for a body, a receptacle where my soul will keep on living for about three or four more decades. I will be known as 'Denis Leary.' To achieve this, I will live in a teepee in the desert, let the cancer take over my body, and just before I turn into Denis, for a year, the shamans will soak me in a tub of NyQuil and Sudafed.

-- Bill Hicks Diaries, 1990"

“If you want to understand a society, take a good look at the drugs it uses. And what can this tell you about American culture? Well, look at the drugs we use. Except for pharmaceutical poison, there are essentially only two drugs that Western civilization tolerates: Caffeine from Monday to Friday to energize you enough to make you a productive member of society, and alcohol from Friday to Monday to keep you too stupid to figure out the prison that you are living in.”
 Bill Hicks