Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2014 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

Izabel is great and all but if they're gonna have someone from the glory days she wouldn't be my pick. It's time to move on. I like all those girls too but they're from a time at VS that isn't the same as the girls their now. So id rather watch old shows with those girls and these new shows with the newer type girls. Because they're so different.

Now I'm not too big into the Fashion Industry even though I completely worship the VSFS every year since 2003 but is it just me or have VS been a lot less loyal to the models they have now compared to what they did almost 10 years back? I feel every year they're casting the freshest newest faces (basically every girl at the top of the Model.com listing) and completely forgetting about their slightly older but more iconic models? I'm actually one of the few people that don't hate on Izabel because she's been around so long I feel like I'm holding onto a memory of the show back in 2005 when everything was just perfect. I feel the need to go on websites and actually look up who most of these girls are nowadays unlike back when I would watch the show and call out each girls name and cheer as they walked down the runway. 

I miss Ana Beatriz Barros, KK, Maryna Linchuk (even though she walked last year), Rosie HW (she has her own line now) Isabeli Fontana, Caroline Winberg, Inguna Butane, Flavia d'Oliveira, Angela Lindvall (with her wacky arm movements walking down the runway), Eugenia Volodina, Oluchi Onweagba, Erin Wasson, but most of all I miss Julia Stegner she always got the big statement pieces that closed the segments.

I don't understand why everyone is so hung up on the classics. It's 2014... You can't keep models until they're 40 and have them walk the show forever. It's time for VS to move and bring in those fresh faces. We'll never have new legends if they're never given the chance.