Bellazon

This edition is literally no better then the US version, and the girls are really not a whole lot better. It's just less mainstream. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'm not impressed with this edition at all. Some of the girls are workable, but none of them come across as great models based on the pictures released, behind the scenes or what was used in the magazine.

^ Agreed.

The only WOW worthy there is Sarah Stephens, the other could very well be Maxim, FHM or any other men magazine. The only good thing about SASI was the retouching wasn't as bad as SI but this year seems like they went to town with it too :idk:

I think the main difference between SASI and recent editions of SI (for me personally) is that SASI doesn't have any girls like Chrissy or Hannah who make me go "WTF is she even doing in this magazine"?

So even though not all of them are my type, I can appreciate that they all at least have good bikini bodies and attractive faces.

I'm not a fan of Chrissy, or even a huge fan of Hannah, but I find their bodies and their faces to be comparable or better then 90% of the SASI cast. Not to mention the modeling is on par or better. The only thing SASI had going for it as MissLima said was the lack of retouching, but the cover alone of this issue was deplorable for that, and the actual magazine wasn't a whole lot better. To each their own though, I know a lot of people like this issue more and that's fine, but that's my two cents.

I think the picture selection this year was too tame and boring and last year it was even worse, iirc.  It's a shame to gather such a hot group of girls and get a magazine that is not much better than catalog shots.  It's ok but it could be much better. 

The thing I love about SASI is that it doesn´t pretend to be something it´s not. They do not pretend to be anything "super special", they do not count on girls to promote them, they seem not to care about whose boyfriend is famous/who has the biggest tits etc. I personally do not have to love the faces, but the bodies of the girls are 99% on spot, which is definitely NOT the case for SI Muerica.

I also totally love the behind the scenes pictures because they are fu*king HOT. This is not high fashion, these are girls in bikini so their modeling skills are to look hot in bikini. As simple as that. I really like SI America no matter how much they suck at their job, I always find something that I love each year - but hell, they could learn from SASI so many things.

If simple polaroids of Valerie and Bregje look better than their SI shoots (not even talking about the Emily fiasco), there is something terribly wrong with the photography. Maybe they just try too much with everything and that´s the problem.