Bellazon

2015 SI Swimsuit

christine

And no one clarified.  I think her face is fine.  What stands out to me the most is her body. 

No one said anything about the body. The real problem is the face, I'll reserve my opinion because I'll get reported about it but she actually makes EmRata look kinda classy 

Oh, oh, I want to know!  so curious.. 

I am pretty much indifferent to Alex and Kate facially.

I´ve always thought that SI was about body, not the face. Afterall, they´re promoting swimsuit, aren´ they? I doubt any straight guy would buy SI mag, look at Charlotte and say: "Oh my, she´s too Playboy looking!"

Most of you women are cursing SI because of using more HF models than commercial ones. And suddenly, Charlotte is "too Playboy". I don´t personally like her look at all - but I can see that she´s got a damn HOT body and would definitely fit in the mag.

But at least we have something better to talk about than Frisco, afterall.

She looks too vulgar for my taste. i usually like Guess ads but not hers. Like someone sayi before, she looks like a playmate and I think there is a strong line between SI and Playboy and I hope and think that SI doesn't want to have Playboy-like models.

What defines this "Playmate" look?

Google "playmate" and you'll see what I mean. This is only my opinion, but her overall look is too vulgar to me and she gives me vibes of a playmate. Kate, Alexandria or Samantha have big breasts and blonde hair too, but their presence doesn't scream "playmate" to me.

No, I´d like you to get me to the core of the "playmate" definition. For me, it´s only about make-up and stylization of the model by the photographer - these two things can always be fixed.

But if there´s something genetic that goes with the playmate term, I´d love to know about it :)

No, I´d like you to get me to the core of the "playmate" definition. For me, it´s only about make-up and stylization of the model by the photographer - these two things can always be fixed.

But if there´s something genetic that goes with the playmate term, I´d love to know about it :)

Don't know how to explain it, make-up or not, there are certain women/models that remind me of a playmate (there is better name for it, but l don't want to use dirty words :laugh: ). It's their overall presence, their poses, style etc. Yes, stylization plays it's role, but some women simpy have this vulgar or trashy "aura" around them. And for me, Charlotte is a good example.

^ Sometimes seeing is believing, just like I would rather show someone a painting of the Mona Lisa then trying to explain what it is. Maybe comparing the 2 with a visual sense is far more conductive in this case then trying to explain. Below are 7 years worth of the cover girls for both Playboy and SI, you be the judge as to what SI vs. PB is in definition to you Flower%20for%20you.gif

SI2008.jpg SI2009.jpg SI2010.jpg SI2011.jpg SI2012.jpg SI2013.jpg SI2014.jpg

Claire_Sinclair2011.jpg Hope_Dworaczyk2010.jpg Ida_Ljungqvist2009.jpg Jaclyn_Swedberg2012.jpg Jayde_Nicole2008.jpg Karina_Marie2014.jpg Raquel_Pomplun2013.jpg

Personally speaking, there are plenty of SI girl that could go the PB route but less PB girl that could go the SI route, but that's just me.

Playboy has gotten their act together lately after the 90s/early 00s obsession with cookie cutter blondes. 

There'd be nothing out of place if, for example, Roos van Montfort or Bryiana Noelle or Claire Sinclair or Alyssa Arce were famous for SI and not for being Playmates.

That's not to say there's no difference, I mean... I'd put Leanna Decker at the top of my favorite Playboy women but she's not a great fit for SI. And the people I've listed above are still outliers in the sense that there was no question just which Playmates I'd be bringing up when I decided to make this post. But there's more overlap than one might think if they're just recalling stereotypes. The point above by Jennka that a lot of it is makeup and stylization is definitely the case if you look up the work Roos, Bryiana, Claire, and Alyssa did for Playboy. Put them in the Maldives with an SI photographer and there'd be no reliable way of picking them out from anyone in the existing SI lineup.

On the other hand -- and this may be a controversial point -- if you take a name from the models section of this site and can't imagine Playboy doing a shoot with them (for aesthetic reasons, not because they're too famous, or any other reasons) they probably aren't a fit for the Swimsuit Issue either.

I'm sorry but I think certain facial features make certain women look like Playmates and there's no make up, lighting or styling that can fix that. 

Some girls can transition, some simply can't and Charlotte's look won't transition even in her candids, simple as that. She did Guess, a respected brand with good lighting, good hair & makeup people and she still looked cheap. Compare her Guess shoot to other SI girls: Kate Upton, Kate Bock, Gigi Hadid & Natasha Barnard, they all have done Guess recently with the same team as Charlotte and any of the didn't look like that