Bellazon

General Discussion

rosada

guys you know i love gi and i do appreciate her career showing growth from her sex symbol teens/20s to her business woman 30s,lol which it should but i will always miss gi's glory days. dont get me wrong she is my overall #1 for a reason and i think she is awe-mazing still and i have loved plenty of her recent work but i think i will always get nostalgic. also her last runway apperances i even didnt feel that spark in her walk like i used to. although i think it has something to do with the shows shes choosing. balenciaga,givenchy,and wang do not require sexy walks... i think italian and the sportier american houses is where her walk always shined most. she needs to do versace, dolce, gucci, cavalli. lol. i dont think we will see her much for spring/summer 2013 bc most was shot this past month but i hope she is ready by spring to shoot fall/winter stuff. i was pleased with her last comeback so hope she will not disappoint this time around. american vogue cover would be cliche but you wont see me complain.

You know whats funny? How this is considered a bad work year for Gi, when if another model did the stuff Gi did this year, it would be like "Holey CRAP, this girl is on fire!" Sure she didn't have the best work year for gisele. But consider how amazing her work year was in general!

I also have nostalgic feelings about her early work and I'm sure I'll always miss those days,but I know I should get used to the fact,she won't do as many runways as she did in late 90's,or as many ads as she used to do,that's why I always want her to do the best among the bests! Italian runway is my long time dream, Versace and D&G are my all time fav designers and it's easy to get why I always loved Gi's work for them, I just never get satisfied with it, in 2013 I want her to make runway appearance for any of them :wub: about covers, as I always say, US Vogue and Interview, since she's never had Interview cover :nicole: and as a fan I know one day Gi will finish her career and and just need to get used to that fact, we know this day is coming closer and closer, she's in her 30's, she's a supermodel but sooner or later she'll retire, we should know it :laugh: but glad she's got her lingerie line and hope she'll continue advertising it even after retire! :p

lol kat i agree. in general terms im sure many models would love a vogue paris cover,versace,versace jeans,givenchy,ferragamo,and david yurman all in one year haha. but covers has always been giseles main thing cant believe she had so few. only 3 vogue covers this year. i think thats the lowest amount since 2003 when she only had 1. she always has four or more each year. i wonder how long it will take for her to shoot again this time. we were spoiled last time since her colcci contract said she had to be ready after one month. sick: want interview so bad! and w mag. this is petty but she hasnt had a w cover with their new logo and that bothers me lol. funny enough i dont care about vogue cuz i kinda expect it. especially brazilian...i know her relationship with them but her last two shoots with them are some of her weakest eds ever ugh. id rather her save her epic ness for something more epic haha.

another Gisele mention by Rosie again :wub:

The Vogue cover girl revealed that, when she started modelling (her catwalk debut was in 2004 aged 17), she mirrored herself on model idol Gisele Bundchen.

"I really looked up to Gisele, because I think that was when she was in her heyday - well, it's always been her heyday - but she was newer at that time," Huntington-Whiteley told us. "And Kate Moss too, of course. She's just iconic."

it seems gisele, kate, and christy turlington are most mentioned among other models. and alot of american models always mention cindy crawford. so naomi,claudia,christy,elle,kathy,rosie,doutzen,candice,karlie,ana bb,ale,raquel have all said nice things about gi anyone else? i want to know what my other faves linda and cindy think lol. (or maybe not if they havent mentioned her by now lol)

another Gisele mention by Rosie again :wub:

The Vogue cover girl revealed that, when she started modelling (her catwalk debut was in 2004 aged 17), she mirrored herself on model idol Gisele Bundchen.

"I really looked up to Gisele, because I think that was when she was in her heyday - well, it's always been her heyday - but she was newer at that time," Huntington-Whiteley told us. "And Kate Moss too, of course. She's just iconic."

vogue.co.uk

like what kind? theres so many areas of commercial work. i think her sex symbol days are behind her tbh. i wouldnt mind but photographically speaking commercial modeling does nothing for me. as long as i get covers and campaigns im happy hehe. i mean i think she does enough commercial already though. pantene,c&a,sky,ipanema all air in brazil,esprit,(which plays her commercials at airports and train stations in europe and asia),and banco do brasil commercials air on major american news stations like cnn and msnbc. nothing major but still commercial no? shes also on huge billboards for her lingerie line,esprit,and david yurman. i see ppl tweeting about her billboards often. i always wanted her to do pepsi haha. but thats cindys territory forever.

Most of her commercial projects are in Brazil. High Fashion is great, but unless it's US vogue (which isn't exactly high fashion) it's not that mainstream. Only the fashion people are going to end up taking about it.

Something like pepsi would be fabulous. Or maybe perfume commercial or something like that.

another fragrance campaign is on my wish list yes please. i feel commercial is only important for money and exposure, which i dont think gisele needs anymore haha. commercial work seems only beneficial to a young no name model who wants more money and exposure or a retiring model wanting to work less. well gisele has slowed down alot so i dont think we will see her being omnipresent ever again. cindy began to model less around 30 and focus on her business as well. hopefully she will get another american mag for her comeback.