Bellazon

General Discussion

rosada

Yeah I don't like pitting other models up against one another (every model has their own appeal) but Gisele is Gisele. I don't think any new model will ever have her career,power or prestige. They gotta be THE high fashion queen AND THE commercial Superstar, all within 2 years...I haven't seen it yet from anyone since Gisele.....:whistle:

Article in Brasileiras 2011 March issue 44

Those who enter the blog of Brazilian Gisele Bundchen , the highest paid model in the world, may be disappointed. Instead of finding tips on makeup, fashion trends and secrets of how to walk a runway, will be faced with the latest news from UNEP (United Nations Environment), the controversial discussions about the plant of Belo Monte and an update on the situation of Brazilian rivers. A photo of the discrete model in a shirt and jeans nothing glamorous position - squatting, watering a newly planted tree - reinforces the idea of site content: like any ordinary citizen, Gisele is concerned about the future of the planet. "I began to engage me when I saw the degradation that nature had been suffering in the world and lack of awareness that there was in relation to the matter," she says.

Besides having created a blog green and personal habits have changed - last year, she launched the campaign Take action, in which it recommends, among other things, that pee in the shower and brush your teeth with the tap closed to avoid waste - Gisele embraced the cause of the water. Two and a half years, she and the whole family Bündchen are ahead of the Clean Water Project, which aims to return to the water quality of Lageado dishes, the river that runs Horizontina (RS), the hometown of the model, located at 496 km from Porto Alegre. The project is part of a OSCIP, the Agency for Economic and Social Development of the Middle Plateau Region (ADES), headquartered in Carazinho (RS), near Horizontina. "Like Gisele is very environmental and I was restless, wanting to do something, we talked and decided the water," says Valdir Bündchen, the model's father who runs the Project. "I know we have many problems to solve and all are extremely important, but water is our most precious and finite. It is essential to our survival and we are not dealing with the matter due attention. It is very important not forget that this is our world, and if everyone does their part, can make a difference, "says Gisele.

It began at a Christmas Eve. It was 2006, and the family had gathered at the beach house in Costa Rica, when the idea arose. "As we return to Horizontina, the community discussed a strategic plan for the future of the city over the next 20 years, and we have applied the idea to work in the area of

Gisele on Models.com (I think it's all been posted before but, I love their descriptions) :flower:

The Money Girls:

How to ascertain who the top earning models of the industry are. It is not an easy feat, especially because no agency in its right mind is ever going to disclose publicly exactly what its star models earn.

But there is an interesting device you can use to get an estimate.You can take a list of the highest paying clients in fashion, weigh the going rates these clients pay for their contracts and campaigns and then apply it against the body of models employed by those clients. Those power clients form a mercifully short list. They are Victoria's Secret (with the "Angel's contracts setting the standard), Ralph Lauren, cosmetics brands like Estee Lauder, Lancome, L'Oreal, Maybelline, Revlon and Cover Girl as well as the many fragrance contracts in the business. Then there are the instances of big money bookings for jewelry companies, endorsement deals for clothing lines and accessories or the rare case of a clothing company (like Calvin Klein) willing to pay a high-six figure sum for the services of a model.

This list of clients obviously creates a kind of filter for a certain kind of girl. There are catalogue queens who might argue that they make as much if not more than some of the girls on this list, but the cut-off point we used was that a "Money Girl" by our definition was a former or current editorial girl who converted into a multi-million dollar proposition.

Gisele #1 :clap:

There is no doubt that from Brazil back to Milan, New York, York and over to Germany, Gisele remains of the two financial giants of the industry, capable of moving masses of product to the consumer. From fragrance to sandals to watches, high end clothing to swim wear, La Gisele can rock it all. She's one in a multi-million!

Miche thanks about the article about Topher having a crush on Gisele. I love him on thats 70's show :)

Also those are all really interesting articles about Gisele. She is always on the top of everybodys list becuase she can do everything.

Swimsuits? shes perfect. Lingere/underwear? shes perfect. High fashion? shes perfect. :)

Gisele Bundchen running for Person of the Year Award

Gisele Bundchen is a finalist in the Person of the Year Award organized by GreenBest. The award includes professionals who have taken important initiatives in the area of sustainability.

The supermodel is one of three preferred by popular vote, and Silva and Carlos Minc. The final phase of voting starts today and runs until May 4.

Gisele about her and Leo's career

GISELE BUNDCHEN ] --> may be going out with one of the world's most successful film stars but she isn't going to use him to further her screen career. "I never asked anything about his work so he doesn't ask about mine," she told Brazilian magazine, Caras. "I wouldn't like to have him giving me opinions about my job. Nor would I ever tell him how should he do a scene. We don't talk about work ever." Bundchen, who will shortly make her film debut in the Luc Besson-directed Taxi, also admitted during the interview that she once went into therapy. "Nobody knows the burden I carry," she went on. "I left home in January 1995. Just because my career is going well people think I'm strong." (January 13 2004, AM)

LEONARDO DICAPRIO has apparently been working hard to keep his girlfriend, Gisele Bundchen] -->'s eyes only on him. The perma-capped actor apparently banned Ashton Kutcher from including Gisele on his MTV Punk'd show recently, in a bid to stop the floppy haired amour of Demi Moore from getting too close to her. According to New York magazine, Kutcher was planning to punk Bundchen by covering her house in plastic, but his idea was vetoed by DiCaprio. "Don't get me wrong, I watch the show all the time," he apparently told the show's rep. "But I just wouldn't want anybody near me involved." Gisele, meanwhile, apparently had her own reason for the interception. "He just doesn't like him because he's cute," she quipped. (January 7 2004, AM)

From Nino's (Munoz) friend who runs his facebook page :p

The first time i met her was before she was famous, about ten years ago, when she just moved to New York and Nino and Harry Josh were some of her first friends. We all went clubbing together. The second time i went back to New York he and I went and hung out at her penthouse for an evening - very nice! LOL She was with Leonardo DeCaprio at the time Tongue3 and yes, she's loves to talk and is totally sweet, looks literally as good in person as she does in her photos! b*tch! ha ha *kidding*

If none of the five sisters of Gisele Bundchen wanted to follow in the footsteps of the model, the same can not be said of her niece's top, Duda Bündchen . The girl, only six years, photographed on Friday (1) the new ad campaign Brandili child.

The information was confirmed by a spokesperson for the brand, which also reported that the photos were taken in Porto Alegre, where the niece of Brazilian model resides with his family.

The campaign is signed by photographer Marcus Lucon and bears the signature of the advertiser Dudu Vanoni , the agency's core fashion E21. This is the first official contract of Dudley as an exclusive mini top brand.