Bellazon

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Shepherd

Nick Blood was great in 'Babylon', although the material he had to work with wasn't always the best.

Will have to reserve judgement on Palicki for now as I can't really recall seeing any of her work, although I was aware of the aforementioned (and by all accounts, pretty lousy) Wonder Woman pilot. Happy to see Mockingbird being showcased though, makes me wonder if we'll be getting a Hawkeye episode or two in the near future. I hope so, Barton is a well-rounded character and Jeremy Renner hasn't really been given a chance to show that yet.

I'm pretty much expecting a Hawkeye tie in. They need some of the bigger MCU stars to appear again to keep up with the previous season, and having Mockingbird centric episodes is the perfect connection.

I've heard that Adrianne is a decent enough actress, but she always looks like she's smelt something awful to me.

I think she kind of looks like Renner that's the problem. I think someone like Tamsin Egerton would have nailed the role. But I am glad however that Marvel is bringing more and more characters from the comics into the MCU. They bought Amora (The Enchantress) 's sister Lorelei into the series so I see big plans coming up. 

Also there's theories surrounding that Skye could be either Ms Marvel, Spiderwoman, Mantis or an Inhuman (and Feige has mentioned he wants an Inhumans movie) 

Skye as an Inhuman would probably be the most likely of all the theories doing the rounds. I think I'd find it tough to get on board with tracing her parentage to an established Marvel character, just seems like a bit of a flawed proposition somehow. Plus, my inner nerd would be heartbroken if Yvonne Strahovski as Captain Marvel doesn't materialise. As a fan of both Yvonne and Carol, I couldn't think of a better match.

But anyway, back to 'Agents'. I’d really like to know what’s next for Deathlok, because I enjoyed seeing him freed from Hydra's control. His character’s abilities seem impossible to ignore in season two, even if he only makes the occasional appearance. Also hoping that Ward doesn't return in any kind of 'good guy' capacity. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

So we knew Peggy would be making an appearance of some sort in 'Agents', but thanks to TV Guide we now know the specifics. This image was just released on their website... :hehe:

post-20523-0-03394600-1410444996_thumb.j

Makes sense to take some time to pave the way for the spin-off show by including a forties flashback, and this should be a nice way to do it. I had hoped to see more of Dum Dum and the rest of the Howling Commandos after the first Captain America movie. :yes:

• 4 weeks later...

Those new promo shots are such a stark (arf!) contrast to the ones from the first season. Nerdy ties and Converse used to be the order of the day, now it's all beards and leather. :laugh:

Season two isn't starting until the 24th of October here in the UK but apparently, waiting that extra few weeks will enable Channel 4 to air it in an unbroken weekly run, which I guess is a fair trade-off.

• 2 weeks later...

The way they portrayed Creel was really impressive. Where season one might have gotten bogged down in stop-start origin stories, this guy arrived fully-formed, which is the perfect way to go for a character who already has an established comic book counterpart. As long as he looks and acts right, we don't need to know much more than that.

I have to say though, I wasn't expecting the thing with Fitz...

...while it was sad to see him unable to even think clearly, it was genuinely moving when the camera turned around to reveal Simmons's actual absence.

:no:

• 3 weeks later...