Bellazon

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Shepherd

• 5 months later...

I could've sworn, when the announcement was made last year about Agents being renewed for two more seasons, that they confirmed S7 as being the last one. But apparently it's official this time that the show is heading towards its conclusion.

S6 seems to have found a groove after a slow start, barring the hoops they've had to jump through to avoid opening a can of continuity worms.

• 9 months later...

Here's the trailer for the forthcoming final season. I left S6 feeling a little unsatisfied, but I'm on board with S7 seemingly becoming Marvel's answer to Legends of Tomorrow. Give me a Fitzsimmons reunion and a Peggy Carter team-up and all will be right with the world.

34 minutes ago, Michael* said:

I'm on board with S7

With it being the final 13 episodes, I'm on board no matter what. Also, with the virus stopping production of so many films and shows, I'm glad to have anything new available.

1 hour ago, jkjk said:

With it being the final 13 episodes, I'm on board no matter what. Also, with the virus stopping production of so many films and shows, I'm glad to have anything new available.

Before posting, I quickly stopped by the first page of the topic and was reminded of the show's lackluster start, after which I would never have pegged it as being the longest running MCU show, nor one of the best.

Happy to be wrong, though, and I hope it goes out with an action-packed, ambitious final season.

• 7 months later...

I'm working my way through the final season at the moment and I really think the show has quietly become one of the best things that the MCU has to offer. To me, it just captures the comic book feel (especially the heyday of following them as a kid where the pace was breakneck and you never quite knew what was coming next) in a way that the other TV shows don't quite, and it's always fantastic fun.

• 2 weeks later...

The third episode was probably my favourite of the current run. It was great to see Enver Gjokaj and Tamara Taylor, and Coulson's fight with the Chronicom was tense and well done, as was Simmons having some fun as Peggy. The whole show just looks wonderful and it's such a blast that the time flies by.

One thing I'm not keen on, sidelining Fitz in a final season with such a short episode order feels like a waste.

38 minutes ago, Michael* said:

One thing I'm not keen on, sidelining Fitz in a final season with such a short episode order feels like a waste.

I haven't looked into it at all, but I wonder if it was Iain's decision. Sometimes an actor is ready to move on and quit a show but the producers ask them to stay in a reduced role. I don't know if that is what happened here, but it would make sense.

On 1/6/2021 at 10:08 PM, jkjk said:

I haven't looked into it at all, but I wonder if it was Iain's decision. Sometimes an actor is ready to move on and quit a show but the producers ask them to stay in a reduced role. I don't know if that is what happened here, but it would make sense.

I did a bit of Googling and apparently, it simply came down to a scheduling issue that meant Iain was unavailable for most of the making of S7. I suppose if nothing else, it should help build anticipation for when Fitz eventually reappears.