Bellazon

Vikings

Prettyphile

I started watching Vikings this summer.  I had no idea who was in the cast and was looking to see if Amazon Prime had Game of thrones (they didn't, but have episodes 3-5 now) and thought I would try Vikings.  I'm midway through season 3 and have enjoyed it so far.  I knew Travis Fimmel had been a Calvin Klein model, but I did not know that Alyssa Sutherland was an actress.  I also did not recognize Alexander Ludwig as Cato from the Hunger Games.  Jessalyn Gilsig was in Boston Public among other things, and Katheryn Winnick I remember from Bones.  I also noticed that she is in The Dark Tower.  Most of the others I had never heard of or didn't recognize them from other shows they were in.  And that is what I find interesting about shows such as this.  Their casts do not include any major actors.  But they do make some.  For example: The Walking Dead: Norman Reedus (Boondock saints), Lauren Cohen, Andrew Lincoln, Emily Kinney.  The Game of Thrones certainly has made quite a number of it's cast better known.  

cato-hunger games.jpg chanel021708-01.jpg jessalynG-Boston P.jpg ragnarL-travisF001b.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Vikings renewed for sixth season

The fifth season of Vikings won’t debut until Nov. 29, but the cable channel has already planned more adventures for the conquering Northmen and their various enemies. HISTORY announced Tuesday that they had officially ordered 20 episodes for a sixth season of the seafaring epic.

Season 6 will begin filming this fall in Ireland. And – more exciting news for longtime Vikings fans – one episode will be directed by Katheryn Winnick, who’s played shieldmaiden-turned-Queen Lagertha since the show began.

• 2 months later...

Heathmund is incongruent/miscast IMHO.  He looks like a young male model and has a modern haircut..while being a middle ages warrior-Bishop/loony zealot.  Something doesn't compute here..IMHO they should have found an older, more scary and fanatical looking individual than Myers.