Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Brandiexoxo

PINK's one of the main things since every brand worldwide is trying to get the young generation to purchase their clothes because that's where the money is, they're not taking out PINK anytime soon, but if anything they should return it to it's 2006-2007 style, now it's a neon joke. 

There was a controversy when Pink used the slogan "Bright Young Things" for this year's spring break collection.  Parents were angry VS was targeting tweens.  VS issued a facebook statement:

'In response to questions we recently received, Victoria’s Secret PINK is a brand for college-aged women,' it read. 'Despite recent rumors, we have no plans to introduce a collection for younger women.

However: Chief Financial Officer Stuart Burgdoerfer said at a conference recently: 'When somebody's 15 or 16 years old, what do they want to be? They want to be older, and they want to be cool like the girl in college, and that's part of the magic of what we do at Pink.'

So like PC said they are really targeting teens but college girls wear it too.

"This year Victoria’s Secret went for a royal theme. The bra is called the Royal Fantasy Bra and is inspired by the royal family. It has 4200 stones, with a spectacular 52 karat centre ruby from Burma, the rest are all blue sapphires, diamonds, yellow sapphires, set in 18 karat gold, for a value of $10 million. We moulded it to Candice, it took four months, twelve people. After the show, it’s going on tour and is going to Dubai in September." - Pascal Mouawad

-thecoveteur

Yeah, I thought when I first saw it it looked like something QE II would wear.

Looks like Jessica Hart's publicity stunt worked out for her.  I just heard about it on a morning news show.  Now she just has to issue an apology.  I don't think VS hates this attention.

I don't remember seeing this exact quote posted:

When asked by WWD if the Red singer could 'pull it off as a Victoria's Secret model,' the 27-year-old said, 'No.'

PINK's one of the main things since every brand worldwide is trying to get the young generation to purchase their clothes because that's where the money is, they're not taking out PINK anytime soon, but if anything they should return it to it's 2006-2007 style, now it's a neon joke. 

I totally agree with you :)

There was a controversy when Pink used the slogan "Bright Young Things" for this year's spring break collection.  Parents were angry VS was targeting tweens.  VS issued a facebook statement:

'In response to questions we recently received, Victoria’s Secret PINK is a brand for college-aged women,' it read. 'Despite recent rumors, we have no plans to introduce a collection for younger women.

However: Chief Financial Officer Stuart Burgdoerfer said at a conference recently: 'When somebody's 15 or 16 years old, what do they want to be? They want to be older, and they want to be cool like the girl in college, and that's part of the magic of what we do at Pink.'

and i dont think so, they are probably truly targeting teens, but say its for collegiate girls just to cover their a$$es in case anything goes wrong

I mean at the end of the day the company is not going to stop teenagers from buying at their stores :/

As a college student i have multiple female friends who watched the show, we are all 21 and under and none of them liked the justin bieber section lol, but i am moderately sure they chosed him for his appeal towards the younger girls, i mean im pretty sure they need bras and regular underwear too, and there are very few parents whom would allow their kids to go around wearing thongs or a push up bra O.o

I totally agree with you :)

and i dont think so, they are probably truly targeting teens, but say its for collegiate girls just to cover their a$$es in case anything goes wrong

I mean at the end of the day the company is not going to stop teenagers from buying at their stores :/

As a college student i have multiple female friends who watched the show, we are all 21 and under and none of them liked the justin bieber section lol, but i am moderately sure they chosed him for his appeal towards the younger girls, i mean im pretty sure they need bras and regular underwear too, and there are very few parents whom would allow their kids to go around wearing thongs or a push up bra O.o

See but that's subjective.

When you are 15 or 16 you probably don't make your own money, your parents pay for everything including your underwear. So when a teenage gets to buy VS Pink lingerie, it's because her parents allowed her to. A VS sells persons is not going to be at the store asking every single girl who walks in: "Are you 18+? No? Then GTFO of the store"

So I think that people who were complaining about the Bright Young Things are assholes and/or hypocrites, VS could easily put whatever the hell they want in those panties but at the end of the day parents are the ones who have the last saying on what they buy for their girls.

I do agree that having Bieber was an idiotic move from VS and it gives the wrong impression, but when it comes to what they are actually selling at the stores then that's a different story.

I think the reason they probably haven't opened stores in those countries it's because they enjoy charging the extra cost for shipping, I know from my experience that so many girls in New Zealand and Australia order stuff it's insane, and then with their overpriced stuff already, they add like $30 shipping which comes like 3 weeks later, all they want is to make money, and they can that way

I think the reason they probably haven't opened stores in those countries it's because they enjoy charging the extra cost for shipping, I know from my experience that so many girls in New Zealand and Australia order stuff it's insane, and then with their overpriced stuff already, they add like $30 shipping which comes like 3 weeks later, all they want is to make money, and they can that way

I totally agree with you. But the shipping cost is too expensive, so I don't even think about buying stuff on their website. 

I totally agree with you. But the shipping cost is too expensive, so I don't even think about buying stuff on their website. 

That's exactly their motive, their stuff is way overpriced for the quality, I got two bandeaus, as soon as I opened them from the plastic it smelt like that awful kind of cheap dollar store plastic smell, it always looks different in the pictures too :/

That's exactly their motive, their stuff is way overpriced for the quality, I got two bandeaus, as soon as I opened them from the plastic it smelt like that awful kind of cheap dollar store plastic smell, it always looks different in the pictures too :/

How bad :/ That's very annoying. I might getting wrong... But I think that the London Store is only European one.

How bad :/ That's very annoying. I might getting wrong... But I think that the London Store is only European one.

The London store is the only proper store in Europe, I think they have an airport store in Zurich, aswell as one in Heathrow. They had an airport store when I went to Hong Kong and it's under DFS Galleria