Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Brandiexoxo

Any ideas what the "music video" this year will be? I hope it's 22 by Taylor Swift. Does the song have to be used in the show?

http://www.elle.com/news/fashion-style/alessandra-ambrosio-doutzen-kroes-victorias-secret-show

Doutzen says here that it's a taylor swift song.

Quote:

"[i don’t really have one] because we’re so busy before the show. Yesterday we did all the preparations, like our interviews and [learning how to] lip sync a Taylor Swift song, then we had rehearsals."

So there you go. :)

Was this posted yet?

Taylor Swift's Victoria's Secret Fashion Show Performance Dissed By Model

We might have geeked out over Taylor Swift's fun-loving performance at theVictoria's Secret Fashion Show last night, but not everyone was so keen on the singer's act.

Jessica Hart, who walked the show along with the rest of the lingerie models, told Women's Wear Daily Swift wasn't the best choice of performer.

"I think, you know what, god bless her heart. I think she's great," Hart said to WWD at the show after-party. "But, I don't know, to me, she didn't fit. I don't know if I should say that. I think what you find is that for a lot of us, we've been working for 14, 15 years; what it takes to make it here comes from experience and confidence and knowing how to be confident with yourself. I think it comes with age. It's definitely the benchmark of all jobs."

Ouch. Hart might have a point about fit -- past performers at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show have included the edgier Rihanna and Kanye West, whereas Swift has a more bubblegum vibe. But from our vantage point at the show, Swift actually pulled it off, palling around with the models on the catwalk and playing up the girly nature of the event.

Plus, in terms of experience, Swift has been singing professionally since she was 14. That probably gives her more than enough years to take the stage at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/14/taylor-swift-victoria-secret-fashion-show_n_4277026.html

And awkward that they showed Adam & co giving Behati a standing ovation...just like they did for Anne V 3 years ago... not even gonna start with the 2011 show. 

Ha I've been thinking that... he was literally doing exactly the same thing, standing and blowing loads of kisses to her. It's a bit tacky really...

Was this posted yet?

Taylor Swift's Victoria's Secret Fashion Show Performance Dissed By Model

We might have geeked out over Taylor Swift's fun-loving performance at theVictoria's Secret Fashion Show last night, but not everyone was so keen on the singer's act.

Jessica Hart, who walked the show along with the rest of the lingerie models, told Women's Wear Daily Swift wasn't the best choice of performer.

"I think, you know what, god bless her heart. I think she's great," Hart said to WWD at the show after-party. "But, I don't know, to me, she didn't fit. I don't know if I should say that. I think what you find is that for a lot of us, we've been working for 14, 15 years; what it takes to make it here comes from experience and confidence and knowing how to be confident with yourself. I think it comes with age. It's definitely the benchmark of all jobs."

Ouch. Hart might have a point about fit -- past performers at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show have included the edgier Rihanna and Kanye West, whereas Swift has a more bubblegum vibe. But from our vantage point at the show, Swift actually pulled it off, palling around with the models on the catwalk and playing up the girly nature of the event.

Plus, in terms of experience, Swift has been singing professionally since she was 14. That probably gives her more than enough years to take the stage at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/14/taylor-swift-victoria-secret-fashion-show_n_4277026.html

What is she even talking about? Most models are in their early 20s and certainly haven't been working for 15 years. This is even more unprofessional than Jourdan. Why would you tell one of the biggest online newspapers around that the performers sucked - especially since the show hasn't even aired yet and you could be turning potential viewers off? Just wow...  :baronfaint:  :mellow:

I really like jessica hart but it's not the first time she says stupid things in interviews. I think taylor fit in well and interacted with the girls backstage. And she's around the same age as many of the girls. Maybe it would have been beter if she sang 'enchanted' for snow angels, cause there was a rumour going on about that song, but other that that I don't see the problem. And jourdan had that remark about the performers... I don't know what's wrong with these girls...

those reporters!! I`ve read the original interview on some blog, they asked Jess could Taylor be a model not this!!!

http://www.wwd.com/eye/parties/crushing-on-angels-at-the-victorias-secret-after-party-7277648?module=hp-fashion

This is the original source, I think. Every site says the interview was for WWD. And it seems those were her exact words...just sayin'

And apparently lily aldridge had a role in inviting taylor swift to perform, but I was expecting this since the 2 are friends and live in the same city.

Quote:

[Razek described it as a serendipitous twist of fate that led Victoria’s Secret to Swift, who will headline the show’s entertainment with A Great Big World and British group Neon Jungle.

“I was having dinner with Lily Aldridge and told her it would be great if Taylor Swift would do the show. Lily said, ‘We both live in Nashville and we’re friends.’ I was incredulous, like you are friends with Taylor Swift? That’s like something imaginary, like you’re friends with Harvey the Rabbit. Lily sent her a note, and Taylor Swift said she would love to do the Victoria’s Secret show,” said Razek.]

same source:

http://www.wwd.com/markets-news/intimates-activewear/victorias-secret-fashion-show-the-main-event-7278709?module=hp-hero-topstories

Getting a little bit off topic, someone mentioned you guys had a little desing an outfit thing last year, are you guys planning on doing that again?
and could anyone direct me to a place where i could see unedited segments of the show, please? :)