Bellazon

2014 SI Swimsuit

slowen

not counting beyonce, it's been 16 years since a new girl got the cover: heidi klum in 1998. before her, valeria mazza, daniela pestova, and judit masco got (or shared) the cover in their first years. .

Why did Beyonce got the cover for the 2007 issues?

btw i think samantha hoopes looks great!  this is shaping up to be the best rookie class ever.  can't believe they have 4-5 more to go.

the roosevelts had a bit about her, expecting her to be rookie of the year: http://www.rsvlts.com/2014/01/24/samantha-hoopes-swimuit/

and her guess lingerie campaign ain't so bad: http://www.fashiongonerogue.com/samantha-hoopes-sizzles-guess-lingerie-spring-2014-campaign/

the problem with SI is it's predictable. Certain agencies get their picks in. Its always the models who are dating some influential. There hasn't been a cover since 2006 that the models were just models.

2007- Beyonce- She pushed hard for this cover. Jay-Z & her PR team got it for her.

2008- Marissa Miller had IMG pulling for her.

2009- Bar Refaelli got it because of Leo DiCaprio and the whole Gisele triangle feud.

2010- Brooklyn Decker got the cover because of Andy Roddick.

2011- Irina Shayk got the cover because of Cristiano Ronaldo. Kate Upton along with several newbies got in based on Agencies pull and who they were dating. Also IMG IMG IMG.

2012- Kate Upton got because she was dating one or more athletes at the time. Plus the internet was begging for it.

2013- Kate Upton for the second time was a no brainer. Hannah Davis, the rookie, made the cover because she was allegedly dating Derek Jeter. Hannah Davis would have never gotten in if it weren't for her alleged relationship with Derek Jeter. I say alleged because neither had confirmed it.

2014- Probably Chrissy Teigan because she paid her dues and she is married to John Legend.

You can go down the list of models who makes it in the magazine. Either they have a power agency behind them or they are sleeping with someone famous. The casting calls for models is a joke. There are a few girls who get lucky but its all about who you know not what you know.

As far as SI tracking this place:

Any idiot with a brain can figure out who will make it in the magazine. on top of that, they give you sneak peak pictures which aren't too hard to figure out. if images leak, this forum's members aren't leaking them because this isn't an industry type forum. Its a fan forum. You guys find the stuff and post it.

I remember one of the behind the scenes shots last year. I was able to figure out it was Lauren Mellor because there are only a handful of models who are signed to top agencies with breast that large.

If SI wanted this to be a surprise, they should shoot using less known photographers and lesser known models. Any one can follow a model on social media and see the gaps of when they aren't posting. Any one can figure out if Kate Upton is on a boat in the arctic, she's probably shooting for SI. Anyone can figure out what models are in New York City at the time of the launch and cross reference them with the big reveal.

It just baffles me why they make such a big deal out of this when they are the culprits themselves. i don't even like the American version of SI. Half the models that get in don't have good bodies, compared to other models.

I like South Africa's Sports Illustrated better because the models are pretty and have good bodies.

Why did Beyonce get the SI cover in 2007? Was it her team that pushed it or did SI go after her? I don't even understand why she would want it, she seems wayyy bigger than the magazine itself.

Was it super shocking when the cover revealed and it was Beyonce, or did people see it coming?