Bellazon

2014 SI Swimsuit

slowen

I like Gigi, but is someone out there launching some sort of hardcore campaign for her to get ROTY? I was googling on my phone to vote for my pick, so I couldn't investigate too well, but almost half the results were from posts on Instagram begging people to vote for Gigi.

I think Kate Bock has proved that ROTY isn't necessarily a slam dunk path to stardom...

She's dating Cody Simpson, a huge huge tween heart throb singer at the moment (2 million Instagram followers). He probably had all his fans vote for Gigi, or his fans just naturally all rushed to vote for Gigi to support him.

That explains a lot, thanks. I would guess she'll be ROTY in that case. 

I love all of the different location suggestions. Anywhere in NZ would be soooo amazing, although maybe it's got too much Middle Earth association now, haha. I still vote for NZ! Plus then I can try to stalk the sets like a complete creeper. :)

Also what does it mean to look like walking diabetes? When I think "looks like diabetes" I think of Paula Deen.

LOL kbutt394 are u from New Zealand??

I like Gigi, but is someone out there launching some sort of hardcore campaign for her to get ROTY? I was googling on my phone to vote for my pick, so I couldn't investigate too well, but almost half the results were from posts on Instagram begging people to vote for Gigi.

I think Kate Bock has proved that ROTY isn't necessarily a slam dunk path to stardom...

She's dating Cody Simpson, a huge huge tween heart throb singer at the moment (2 million Instagram followers). He probably had all his fans vote for Gigi, or his fans just naturally all rushed to vote for Gigi to support him.

I love all of the different location suggestions. Anywhere in NZ would be soooo amazing, although maybe it's got too much Middle Earth association now, haha. I still vote for NZ! Plus then I can try to stalk the sets like a complete creeper. :)

Also what does it mean to look like walking diabetes? When I think "looks like diabetes" I think of Paula Deen.

Used to live there! Now just a very close neighbour  :)

Used to live there! Now just a very close neighbour  :)

Haha ok i get the picture :)

My favorite rookies by far this year were Bregje and Marloes. Great poses, Bregje has a sick body, and both of them are stunning :o 

Gigi would be next. She's so beautiful :heart: If they bring her back next year I think she will improve with her posing. Wasn't ecpecting to like Emily R at all but she is one of my favorite rookies. Sexy and interesting face. I wish she had been at one of the locations and not body paint. Same for Samantha. Amazing body the only thing with her is her voice

Lily and Sara were ok. Sara had some pretty good pictures though. I like Lily but I wasn't that impressed with her pictures.

The other rookies Hannah F and Lauren were pretty much forgettable to me. Chanel, didn't like her for VS don't like her here. Same with Cris. Least favorite was definitely Valerie :/

Of the other girls Hannah D and Emily both really stepped it up  :wub: Love Irina too but this seems like it may be her last year. Nina is flawless for swimsuits. Love her and watching her interviews make me like her more. Kate Upton looked amazing. Kate Bock was so much better this year but the opposite with Natasha. It's like they didn't even try with her :( Don't really care about the other girls :whistle:

I thought they could have done something better with the legends but I was so happy to see Petra, Bar, Daniela and Veronica at the shoot. Especially Veronica. The woman does not age :wub:

Overall I really like this year. It was good to see the "legends", current favorites, and so many new faces. They will have a good group to pick from for next year.

My SI Review

Please keep in mind that my perspective is from someone who is only acquainted with SISE. I have an extensive knowledge of each of the HF models' careers, but not so much the girls who are mostly just SI/swim models. Please do NOT read my review if you will feel offended if I criticize your favorite model.

Also, most of these models (especially the rookies) I have met in person so I can offer that perspective as well. If I have met them, I've included it in the description.

Genevieve Morton - Total butterface. I'm sorry but I do not get her appeal AT ALL. The bangs remind me too much of a young child, and her face does not have anything striking or unique about it. Her jawline is terrible for a model and her body looks pretty average too for a big chested girl. Like I said before, she looks like a Playboy reject, and a bad one at that. She's just IDK, inconsistent? In some shots she looks like she's trying too hard to be sexy, while in others she looks like a shy young girl. Either look is not appealing. I do give her credit though that she is super well spoken and nice. However, the average male SI reader doesn't care about that

I did not read that top bit, now i regret reading your review :),  actually more like :(. One thing to add though, the average male SI reader (count me in as one) obviously has a vastly different opinion to yours. Next to Kate, she is probably the most appealing girl on SI to the red-blooded male demographic.

My SI Review

Also, most of these models (especially the rookies) I have met in person so I can offer that perspective as well. If I have met them, I've included it in the description.

I never met Jesus in person and this doesn't prevent me from loving him  :rofl:  :rofl:

I never met Jesus in person and this doesn't prevent me from loving him  :rofl:  :rofl:

WTF!? HAHAHAHAH :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

One of the best quotes of the day! :D

LMAO.  I'm as biased as they come: Gen's a favorite, so like edm, I'm disagreeing with gab on her, as apparently were SI voters who named her ROTY in 2010.  But I am with TLH on Sara: not seeing a whole lot of masculine anywhere on her.  But folks, it is in our disagreements that we can appreciate the greatness of the SISE...Vive la difference!

February 19, 8:45pm

33% Emily Ratajkowski

33% Gigi Hadid

16% Hannah Ferguson

11% Sara Sampaio

2% Samantha Hoopes

I expected Emily to win because of the exposure (no pun intended) from the blurred lines video with Robin Thicke.  But it seems like Gigi will take it. 

No it could be Emily. Strangely enough I've barely seen people talking about her, Gigi's on RHOBH since her mother is one of the housewives and she's gained a fanbase through it so maybe that's how she's getting lots of votes? And her boyfriends fans too.

Gigi herself is dedicated to the cause: https://twitter.com/GiGiHadid She repeatedly reminds her followers to vote for her and that voting is unlimited, so her fans are voting for her nonstop. My favourite tweet was from a teen girl who said she promised to sit at her computer voting for Gigi instead of going to class, lol.

On top of that, as was pointed out, she has a very popular/famous boyfriend AND mother who have solicited votes from their followers. 

And that's how you win ROTY, lol.

You win because SI decides you win. 

Call me cynical but nothing I've observed about the rookie results in any year has given me the impression they're legitimate.  Even if they are, unlimited voting would render the whole process completely ludicrous.  The numbers simply do not behave sensibly, and I don't mean that in a "they don't favor the model I prefer" way.

What a curiously even two-model race we have going on.  The drama