Bellazon

2014 SI Swimsuit

slowen

I think it's dead obvious the cover will be Kate again though.

I wonder If they'll do the whole launch week, Top 10 Letterman crap again or just go to Vegas, have one party and be done.

I love her too! I hope she makes it, but I won't hold my breathe. I highly doubt we'll see anymore then two girls tops (if any) from the casting call make it.

i'll take that bet. i expect we'll see closer to six girls from casting in the 2014 issue.

We're seeing about 10-20% of the girls going to castings and not only that but to see SIX (or even just four) of this girls on the 2014 would mean that all the rookies will be from the Casting Calls, or that they're kicking a lot of veterans out to pull a Rookie lineup. And that ain't happening.

If we see more than one or two of this girls in the magazine I'll be in shock. And since the Casting Calls have been pretty lackluster for me, the less of them we see the better.

You do realize that they are not posting all the casting calls? We're getting a small snippet of the girls they're seeing...

^ Pretty much why I said that very few if any of the girls we've seen will make it into the magazine. None of these woman have any kind if "super star" potential, and SI seems to want girls that will become the next Upton with relative ease nowadays. Superstar = magazine sales = retailers who pay for ad space see revenue.

Date a super famous guy = better chance of getting into the magazine and or getting a cover after a couple of years of work with them (Hello Hannah Davis)

Or

Have that certain something that the general public latches onto - It Girl factor (Hello Kate Upton)

Have neither and it seems like you'll be around maybe two years and if your status hasn't changed within those couple of years then what use are you to them when there's another possible "it girl" around the corner.

Secret 3rd option suck MJ's ass... stay with magazine for many many years, turn into Anne V and maybe in your 10 year you'll get the cover

Then you have the rare few that they string along for fuck of it (Hello Anne V). These girls are neither liked, nor disliked by the vast majority of people, and they don't shine enough on their own to be a threat to the Marisa Miller's, Kate Upton's and Bar R's of the mag. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride

pheno and pretty, i just don't think it's plausible that they're secretly interviewing 150-200 girls, posting none of them online, and meanwhile taking pictures, interviewing, and tweeting about two dozen models who will never be in the magazine. you could very well be right, but that seems like a dumb strategy for SI or human beings in general. and since you offer no proof, i don't mind betting against you. :whistle:

and misslima: six new models wouldn't mean kicking out a lot of veterans. over the past five years, the average number of rookies is...6. over the past 10 years, the average number of rookies is...6. so saying there will be six next year isn't much of a stretch. last year's group of four was the smallest "rookie" class ever.

i know you guys have like 40,000 posts among you but i'd still bet against you: closer to six rookies, and most--if not all--from the castings.

i'll even go further and bet that among emily ratajkowski, lauren budd, and tahnee atkinson, at least one of them will be in the issue.

Number of posts has nothing to do with it, MJ day confirmed a while back that they on average see around 200 girls each year for the "rookie" class. On average, they bring forward half their rookie class from the previous year, though there have been a few exceptions. Nor did any of us say that none of the girls shown would make it in the issue, just that there was a strong likelihood that they are showing us their "weaker" candidates.

pheno and pretty, i just don't think it's plausible that they're secretly interviewing 150-200 girls, posting none of them online, and meanwhile taking pictures, interviewing, and tweeting about two dozen models who will never be in the magazine. you could very well be right, but that seems like a dumb strategy for SI or human beings in general. and since you offer no proof, i don't mind betting against you. :whistle:

^ as for the bold section, I'm not sure I follow you. For the past several years it's been a great big secret as to who their rookies are, this new Swim Daily, where they're posting castings is to keep our attention year round, but why in the world would they all of a sudden choose to take away half the hype factor and just give us a list of who their new rookies are going to be. That to me seems like a rather dumb strategy.

why in the world would they all of a sudden choose to take away half the hype factor and just give us a list of who their new rookies are going to be. That to me seems like a rather dumb strategy.

no, not really. they created a new publication called swim daily. as the name implies, they need daily content. in recent years the sneak peaks from the shoots have become popular, so they went to the next logical step and showed even more of their casting process. (i imagine that youtube of lisalla's reveal last year might have played a role.) we still won't know who is in the magazine--we'll just have a slightly easier time playing the spot-the-mole/sherlock game.

anyway, my point is that it would be very dumb of them to post "casting calls" of dozens of girls they have little to no intention of actually presenting in the mag, then have some separate, much larger, secret casting process that screens the models who will actually be in the issue. one, i think it would be dumb to have two separate approaches to casting, and two, if they do that, then next year no girl is going to want to have their casting call posted.

and you guys keep saying this year's casting calls are horrible. i mean, look at the rookies in the most recent issue. someone from SI south africa, lesser-known VS models, etc. those were the kinds of girls in the pool they were casting from. and this year, there's...someone from SI south africa, some lesser-known VS models, etc. it's not like the casting call girls this year are of wildly different caliber than the 2013 rookies, or even the 2013 veterans. just with the 23 they've posted so far, you could put together a team of 5 that is better than julie, chrissy, genevieve, ariel, and jessica, easily.

Another Casting Call, lol at them calling this girl "internet sensation" :ninja:

Casting Call: Ashley Sky

Swimsuit hopeful and internet sensation Ashley Sky makes her case to appear in SI Swimsuit

CASTING

BY ALYSSA CONROY

ashleysky.jpg?w=600&h=450

The gorgeous Ashley Sky came to visit us straight off a flight from Florida and looked flawless as you can tell by her photo booth pictures! Ashley has taken social media by storm and is quickly building a loyal following, with almost 500,000 followers on Instagram. The stunning brunette was kind enough to answer a few questions during her visit, check out what she had to say below!

Name: Ashley Sky

Item I can’t leave home without: My cell phone!

When I go out I love wearing: Bronzer all over!

Favorite sport to watch: Basketball

First thing I notice about a guy: How he carries himself

First thing guys notice about me: My smile…I hope

I feel sexiest: In a bikini

Celebrity you would choose to do a kissing scene with: Angelina Jolie, come on, those lips!!!!!!!

Biggest fear: Sharks

Items on my bucket list: Shoot for SI Swimsuit, ride an elephant, live abroad !

Best place I’ve gone for a shoot: Malibu

Ideal swimsuit should would be in: Greece

Favorite Workout Regimen: Low impact, pilates & yoga

Song I’m currently loving: Honey by Mariah Carey

My signature scent: Tropical coconuts and vanilla

I've skipped quite a few pages in catching up in this thread, but I still feel confident in saying Ashley Sky is hotter (at least body-wise) than every Casting Call girl profiled so far combined. Honestly, I'd probably rather see a random Hooters calendar girl over most of these models. :ninja:

She has a killer body but the face not so much, but at least she seems to be a decent enough model. She is however, the first girl from the Casting Calls that I'm willing to bet we'll see on the magazine for 2014.

BTW Anne V is dating a popular player... She is coming Strong to get the cover! watch out Kate and Nina... Anne with popular player plus 10 years doing SI = 2014 cover? probably.