Bellazon

Jessica Stam
Thumbnail

sedirea

She was quoted in an article:

By ERIC WILSON, The New York Times

They were alarmingly thin. Snejana Onopka, Natasha Poly and Hana Soukupova, models in demand among the Fashion designers who showed their collections in New York last week, appeared so gaunt and thin that their knees and elbows were larger than their concave thighs and pipe cleaner arms, and their bobbling heads looked as if a slight breeze could detach them from their frail bodies.

Linda Wells, the editor of the beauty magazine Allure, said there were moments during the shows when she could hear gasps in the audience at their appearance.

“What becomes alarming is when you see bones and start counting ribs,” Ms. Wells said.

At a Vogue party on Monday for a young designer competition, the model Jessica Stam expressed similar dismay. “There are a lot of girls doing the shows who are very thin and frail,” she said. “I don’t know if they are healthy or not, but I don’t think the frail, fragile look is very feminine, and I don’t think it’s attractive.