Bellazon

What made you smile/laugh today?

frenchkiki

Yeah, I think you've got a lame, low brow sense of humor. :)

I enjoy classical as well- although you must understand that Bach and classical music was part and funded by archaic and criminal (by contemporary standards) regimes as well.   What exactly do you know of history?  I doubt that people who react like you do know much at all about soviet or nazi culture.  If you were born in these times and places, you would approach things very differently.  Soviet/Nazi culture moves away from individual eloping/sexual activity and more towards celebrating group (or in the case of fascists, individual and group) achievement- a type of immortality that they believed transcended one's own life.  Even so, I have always seen that the politics can be separated from the music, and the eye can be put onto the human condition.  It could be a contemporary creation, for all that I care!

" soviet or nazi culture " ... ??? :blink::wacko: I think you don't know much about that either, for calling that, culture ... :p

EDIT I'm proud that someone who think, things like you do, find my humour as lame and etc :D

To each their sources... but i just said, to me, it's not funny :D That's all, it's History, i'm thinking about all these people forced to sing these songs...and forced to hear them too...

That's true, but I like some of these songs because of their melody.

Like this one (with English subtitles) -

the lyrics was written by Grigory Alexandrovich Machtet (1852-1901) in 1876 (!) for the funeral of his fellow student, who died of tuberculosis in a prison in St. Petersburg.

(Btw, I'm a hardcore conservative, and an anti-communist.)

^ For this one MOS, knowing the story i can understand :)

But i'm definitely more Rimsky-Korsakov though :)

I'm not so conservative, but i'm for sure anti-communist ! :D

No, I'm saying you're being close minded and thin-skinned, that is all.  You're no student of history and society if you find that offensive.

I like and can understand black humor, among other types.  Humor doesn't always have to be surface level  :PinkCouture2:

" soviet or nazi culture " ... ??? :blink::wacko: I think you don't know much about that either, for calling that, culture ... :p

EDIT I'm proud that someone who think, things like you do, find my humour as lame and etc :D

I'm the subject of your humour :D not of the humour :) You should know that there is so many differents kind of humour, as much as there differents people actually ! 

And i am, i hope you can handle that :D

Yep, I should have identified that earlier for the sake of transparency...  I jumped on you because I suspected that immediately.  I am an atheist, life-long.  Christians think in peculiar ways to me, and approach the interpretation of history & society with moralistic overtones.  I hadn't, however, recognized that the sense of humor would be much different.

Yep, I should have identified that earlier for the sake of transparency...  I jumped on you because I suspected that immediately.  I am an atheist, life-long.  Christians think in peculiar ways to me, and approach the interpretation of history & society with moralistic overtones.  I hadn't, however, recognized that the sense of humor would be much different.

Yeah ? :D We're differents, we think in differents ways, and that's not a probleme for me. I respect the fact you're athiest, many of my friends or family members are atheists too...Thanks God ( :D) we're free to have our own beliefs :)

I don't think i'm close minded, but for sure i'm close minded about Nazi and Sovietic's Era ... My Heroes are Churchill or Patton or MacArthur or DeGaulle, surely not Staline or Hitler...hard to be humoristic about them...

People from my family did the WW2 (and the WW1 but it's not the subject) some are dead some not... i respect their memories in being not admirative of the freaks they had to struggle against... (even if there had the Normandie Niemen :p)

Here a French famous music, 'Sambre et Meuse' composed in honor of the winner of the Battle of Fleurus ...It's the most popular music during the Military Parade every Jully14th... The Academy of West Point is using it for some of his parades ...