Bellazon

Appropriate age to model lingerie - moved from Barbara Palvin thread

watercolor

* Waits for Baron, KiKi, Pretty to respond :morning:

I'm surprised AnaBBarrosFan didn't respond to this one cause I'd love to see what she writes about that :whistle:

Weren't Candice and Adriana even younger when they started out working for VS?

There was a huge uproar over Isabeli Fontana too, no?

Yep, and if I'm not mistaken Karolina Kurkova also was 15-16 when she started working for VS.

EDIT: I was wrong about Karolina, although I swear that once upon a time I read she was 17 when she started working for VS :Layla90:

Now I'm REALLY curious as to when each of these girls started modeling for VS :mellow:

From supermodels.nl:

About Isabeli Fontana

Isabeli Bergossi Fontana (born on July 4, 1983 in Curitiba, Brazil) is a Brazilian supermodel.

In 1996, she made it to the finals of the Elite Model Look Contest when she was just 13. She moved from Brazil to Milan in 1997 to start her modelling career. In 1999, at the age of 16, she appeared in the Victoria's Secret lingerie catalogue.

This created a huge controversy as Victoria's Secret had earlier stated that its policy was not to sign models younger than 21 years. However, the publicity generated by this controversy proved beneficial to Isabeli and she quickly rose to fame. Following the Victoria's Secret shoot, she was signed by the likes of Versace, Ralph Lauren and Valentino.

* Waits for Baron, KiKi, Pretty to respond :morning:

I'm surprised AnaBBarrosFan didn't respond to this one cause I'd love to see what she writes about that :whistle:

Weren't Candice and Adriana even younger when they started out working for VS?

There was a huge uproar over Isabeli Fontana too, no?

Yep, and if I'm not mistaken Karolina Kurkova also was 15-16 when she started working for VS.

EDIT: I was wrong about Karolina, although I swear that once upon a time I read she was 17 when she started working for VS :Layla90:

Now I'm REALLY curious as to when each of these girls started modeling for VS :mellow:

From supermodels.nl:

About Isabeli Fontana

Isabeli Bergossi Fontana (born on July 4, 1983 in Curitiba, Brazil) is a Brazilian supermodel.

In 1996, she made it to the finals of the Elite Model Look Contest when she was just 13. She moved from Brazil to Milan in 1997 to start her modelling career. In 1999, at the age of 16, she appeared in the Victoria's Secret lingerie catalogue.

This created a huge controversy as Victoria's Secret had earlier stated that its policy was not to sign models younger than 21 years. However, the publicity generated by this controversy proved beneficial to Isabeli and she quickly rose to fame. Following the Victoria's Secret shoot, she was signed by the likes of Versace, Ralph Lauren and Valentino.

Lol, nah. I'm hoping to stay around till about 7,000 before getting banned. It's a goal of mine. :rofl:

Arguing with her is like arguing with mythical creature whose language I don't speak, but I'm pretty sure want to make me eat some poisoned berries.

As for Isabeli, I remembered that she was the whole reason they have the age limit.

Unlike Hilary Rhoda or Blake Lively- who looked like beautiful women since they were 19, Xenia looks 'forever young'. Like Mila Kunis, Miranda Kerr, and others...Xenia's face and bone structure is that of a girl rather than a woman. Even if her skin ages, she'll still pass for somebody younger than she really is.

In airbrushed photos, she looks like a teenage girl.

No really,

Xenia is really looking her age.

Well, you can get away with that :)

I don't want to sound like a pervert (well maybe a little bit) but I see 15 years old girl every day (high school near by my home & my niece and her friends) and even if they want to look like women with the make-up & high heels they look like the teenager they are beside a 23 years old girl like Xenia. Barbara is looking more innocent but she look her 18.

I had no idea who was Cara (Delevingne?) so i looked up her thread and... yeah she looks younger than her age and she is sexy like a falling soufflé...

Yes, that's her.

KK was 16 when she walked her first VS Fashion Show in 2000 Cannes. So yes she was underage and modelling lingerie. Omayhra was 17 when she walked in 2001. Adriana was 16-18 when she first started working with VS back in 98 or so. In more recent years with VS for example they take girls 18 and over. But late 90s early 00s i'd say 16 was the age girls were ok to begin working with the company.

Lol, nah. I'm hoping to stay around till about 7,000 before getting banned. It's a goal of mine. :rofl:

Arguing with her is like arguing with mythical creature whose language I don't speak, but I'm pretty sure want to make me eat some poisoned berries.

As for Isabeli, I remembered that she was the whole reason they have the age limit.

:rofl: This needs to be in classic lines :laugh:

I would love to look like Marisa, Ale or Gisele when I´m 42 :hehe:

Marisa and Gisele look about their age, but Ale still looks quite a bit younger than her 31 years imho.

Actually I would love to look like them in ANY age. That was just a reaction to Mayia´s classical Dear Diary post. I think they all look gorgeous and would love to see them in lingerie anytime.

You'll be more beautiful inside /outside if you love them all,Maiya.

For me,GI,Ale,Marisa,Catherine ,Shania are all beautiful women at any age.Lucky ones who got the chance to looklike anyone of them.