Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2012 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

I'm kind of enjoying putting together the Calendar Girls segment in my head.

January - Erin (white new years outfit)

February - Candice (red Valentine's outfit)

March - Hilary? (clover outfit) (I can't remember who was wearing it and I can't find the pic now)

April - Cameron (rain coat + boots)

July - Lily A (4th of July outfit)

October - Behati (witch outfit)

December - Barbara P (Christmas outfit)

That's obviously not all of them but it's all I've been able to piece together so far.

March- Hilary (St.Patrick's outfit)

May- Frida (Maypole outfit, the colorful ribbons)

June- Lindsay (Bride outfit)

August- Barbara F. (Swimsuit and beach ball outfit)

September- Izabel (Cheerleader outfit)

November- Karlie (Indian chief outfit)

I'm pretty sure that's all of them.

OKAY i'm just gonna jump into this conversation haha

I'm seriously wondering why they didn't pick Sara :( I was like heart broken when she confirmed that she wasn't doing the show because she's one of my favorites. Especially when there are other hf models there like Cara. and I love cara, don't get me wrong-but it's like she popped out of no where, while people like Sara have been in VS especially Pink for awhile now </3

but anyway I'm so excited for december fourthhh omgg

^

I'm seriously wondering why they didn't pick Sara :( I was like heart broken when she confirmed that she wasn't doing the show because she's one of my favorites. Especially when there are other hf models there like Cara. and I love cara, don't get me wrong-but it's like she popped out of no where, while people like Sara have been in VS especially Pink for awhile now </3

Because it's VS and they suck

Look

^

Look, if VS sucks so much and you hate their treatment of the models and you're so done you won't even watch this year, why are you still here? Do you just like complaining?

Look

^

Look, if VS sucks so much and you hate their treatment of the models and you're so done you won't even watch this year, why are you still here? Do you just like complaining?

Because i can :Dinah:

Karlie did do an indian gesture...VS is going to get into shit for that. God what a dumb move. Not culturally sensitive at all...

Based on that one picture in the Runway thread? She might be blowing a kiss. Karlie's not dumb, I think the photographer must have just caught a bad moment. Or do you have a picture I haven't seen? I could be wrong.

Karlie's outfit is supposed to represent Thanksgiving which is in November. Maybe they should've done a Pilgrim outfit instead :nicole:

Seems like a weird way to represent Thanksgiving... "Here, have an outfit to represent the genocide of native people! oh and we're going to put a white girl in it just to make it worse!" Not my favorite outfit and not a good choice by VS, I think. :/

QUESTION. Did Karlie seriously do a stereotypical indian gesture while wearing that the indian chief outfit...ohhhh shittttttt.

If you're talking about the picture that's up in the runway thread, I don't think she was doing the hand-mouth noise thing that kids do in elementary school. I think she was blowing a kiss.

^You beat me to it. :)

Karlie did do an indian gesture...VS is going to get into shit for that. God what a dumb move. Not culturally sensitive at all...

They didn't learn from the "Wild Things" segment or the Geisha outfit, so I doubt they'll learn from this

^

I was sooo sad when I found out. I was seeing her everywhere and was so excited to see her on the runway and then bam jk

and I don't think karlie's stupid. I'm guessing she probably was just blowing a kiss and the photographer caught it a reaaaallly bad moment

They didn't learn from the "Wild Things" segment or the Geisha outfit, so I doubt they'll learn from this

Yes...but from what I have learned about Native Americans...in the press, they aren't to be messed with.

Have fun VS.

I think Kevork has a point, after her pregnancy in 2005 Heidi got only two outifts too (3 if you count the finaly one). Now, in Heidi's case they gave her two outfits that covered her belly, i don't get why Dri got the red outfit that put all the attention on her belly, i think she shoul'dve worn something like Miranda's circus outfit. I love her but clearly Adriana isn't 100% back in shape, which is fine since she had a baby like yesterday.

Now as for Ale, i don't get the two outfits thing. Same goes for Lily, Linsay & Erin, like seriously you have them working all year so they can see how other models get all the good stuff? Cool VS, cool (Y)

I have a thought, and I could be totally wrong but, what if Adri only got 2 looks because they're trying to phase her out? She can't work with them forever, maybe they know she's leaving soon and want to try and adjust accordingly.

I think it could be the same thing with Ale. It's totally possible. When you think about it, they've both been with VS for a really long time so it wouldn't be that surprising if they stop being angels sometime in the near future, though I'm hoping they might still walk a few more shows after that still, like KK did. :)