Bellazon

Short Models

modelknowledge

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Laetitia is listed at 5'8" but at one point was listed at 5'6.5" so 5'7" is pretty dead on. if a model is listed at 5'6" they are probably shorter than 5'6". Certain agencies overinflate a models height while some make their models shorter if they are too tall. There are very few models under the height of 5'6" in this business unless they are a novelty of someone's kid.

Laetitia is 1.68M (no idea what this will be in inches), she said it on French tv when the host told her she was 1.70M. She said "nope, I am 1.68M, do not believe what the agency say, because they lie". She was something like 20 at that time and i thought she was either crazy or brave to go against her agency. (Madison model at that time)

Melanie Thierry is also very short = 1.57M (5'2"...?)

post-19830-0-55116900-1390096456_thumb.j

• 3 weeks later...

1.68 is about 5'6". I believe Melanie is more like 5'5". there are a lot of commercial models who are listd at 5'7" or 5'8" but are about 5'6". They gets scouted so young and they build a book. After that, there height doesn't matter. there are a lot of commercial print girls who get more work that these 5'11" runway types. The reason being is most commericial clients ask for models who are 5'6" or 5'7" (1.68 or 1.70). You will notice in a lot of ads you will rarely see a 5'11" girl unless she is a real famous famous.

• 1 month later...

Well to each their own. I guess I should start a thread for short FASHION models only? These girls normally don't do much runway anyways either. They mostly do editorial, ad, or commercial work. I personally like seeing the strengths in physical build (normally long arms and legs, and physical proportion) and facial uniqueness in short fashion models which gives them their appeal.

@redxv of course you'd pick Catalina any day over any high fashion runway model. :-) They appeal to men a lot and probably some women.

For fashion models, I usually assume that '5'8' means '5'7' or shorter :laugh: . Aside from the fact that they usually appear to be shorter than 5'8, it seems that a 5'8 listing means that they couldn't be rounded up to 5'9 because they were already rounded up to 5'8. That is what it appears to me in most cases anyway.