Bellazon

Doutzen Kroes
Thumbnail

azkid

doutzen will always do high fashion ...she's completely different than those other angels ...they even never did fashion week milan, new york and paris and walked all the major shows and did all those major campaigns like doutzen.

Without wishing to rain on anyone's parade (and with all due respect to michelabella too - who makes the excellent point about Gisele) but Karolina Kurkova did do all of the above and people may well be regarding her as a 'cautionary tale' in reference to Doutzen!

Kurkova did campaigns for many major labels (including Versace, Valentino, and Chanel) and did the catwalks of Paris, Milan and New York. She landed the cover of US Vogue in 2001 - whereupon Anna Wintour (no less) called her the "next supermodel".

Cut to 2005 and she had all but disappeared from catwalk shows and anything outside the mighty VS umbrella.

Obviously she hasn't done badly fiscally out of the deal - and she probably has a higher profile through being an 'Angel' than a model - but maybe people think she never achieved her full potential, and is 'High-Fashion's' loss? You don't necessarily have to do the shows, but you need to be seen in the campaigns - and she isn't...

VS is an American brand with the majority of stores only in the US, and therefore don't advertise in the same global way - so the rest of us don't see her so much. And it is a loss (though completely her choice) - and maybe she could have been that "next supermodel"?

I too doubt we shall see Doutzen with a bra on her head (although you never know), but I think people are worried they just won't see her at all saving the VSFS and the catalogues - which although have their plus points( :whistle: ) can be a little limiting creatively...

I wish her well, but just hope I get to see her on the billboards and in the magazines of South America and Europe too.

:heart:

@Baron: That's pretty much the argument, my friend. But look at it this way, I'm VERY sure that Doutzen knew that she was sacrificing her "High Fashion" profile in order to be with Victoria's Secret. I'm sure Gisele knew it and that Karolina knew it, too. By being with VS, she raises her profile dramatically and everyone who aren't fashion fans will know who she is by the end of the year. I guarantee that if VS were to choose another "high fashion" model to become an Angel, I'm sure they'd sign the dotted line in a heartbeat simply because they know of the perks.

As for campaigns, I don't see why Doutzen can't have more than one. Other Angels like Gisele, Izabel, Miranda, Adriana, and even freakin' Marisa have major campaigns outside of VS (some which aren't even in the United States). It's all a matter of whether or not she can fit all that work into her schedule.

:laugh:

^I hope so Mr Horde! And I'm certainly not begrudging anyone's career choices here. I can see it makes perfect sense in the long, and short, term in regards to both fame and fortune. Selfishly I'm just thinking about us in the non-US market here who may find ourselves bereft of Doutzen... Doesn't VS instigate some sort of exclusivity clause in their contracts? Will we see her again? :unsure:

But then Bellazon is here for such things, no?

Haters, indeed. A real fan would be happy to see their idol's career taken to new heights.

Jealousy, jealousy, jealousy! Tsk, tsk. :mad:

^Did you actually read my post? Apologies if you weren't referring to me, but I'm the only one who has posted anything resembling criticism since your last entry?

I was simply posting to remind people about the similar arc (thus far) of Karolina Kurkova's career in comparison. As I quite clearly stated - I was only concerned about seeing Doutzen outside of the US (this is a global forum), and that I wished her well and respected her choices. I fail to see how any of that can be construed as "Hate"?

Then again I would be hard pressed to refer to her as my "idol" either. I merely think she is a very attractive woman who seems to be equally as sweet - and I would just like to carry on seeing more of her work with a variety of employers.

Besides, I've tended to find those "real fans" the kind of people who would have their idol's face tattoed across their torso, have a tentative grip on reality, and sit in their own faeces...

:heart:

^^Hey, speaking of "old" Doutzen, have these ever been posted before? Here's a set of runway pics from one of Doutzen's first shows for Bahar Korcan Spring/Summer 2004. She looks freaky deaky Dutch!

29909333.d7e714.jpg 29909335.cf9dc1.jpg

29909337.ff75f1.jpg 29909338.6a949d.jpg

29909339.70a814.jpg 29909341.8b7767.jpg

29909342.f2c0c6.jpg 29909344.8a25c9.jpg

29909345.726cf3.jpg post-4514-0-1446071600-72195_thumb.jpg

29909349.537deb.jpg 29909351.f9a682.jpg

29909352.1cb278.jpg 29909354.7eb5a6.jpg

I don't know what kind of John Galliano-type bullcrap this runway show is trying to pull, but I'm sure glad this designer isn't doing shows anymore.

:laugh:

WHAT THE HEQ IS THAT? :|

Baron: No, no.. Good lord, no. That wasn't directed towards you at all. I was referring to something earlier posted about haters. =[

I apologize, I haven't used forums very much and forget to quote things to avoid all this confusion.

:blush:

Those of you living in Hong Kong and Toronto might be seeing Doutzen a lot more b/c VS is expanding to those 2 places. I think the Store Manager at 86th Street (it is one of those numbered streets in NYC -- Not 57th) will be promoted to Store Manager in HK.

Would that be you, by any chance?