Bellazon

Doutzen Kroes
Thumbnail

azkid

A month and a half ago, the first work was published, but now a month and a half later, there is still no solo comeback project or cosmetics campaign. I hope she will return to the L'Oréal family (that's how they called eachother), but so far it remains quiet. I am surprised that she has not booked any solo magazine covers yet and she remains completely silent on social media! Clients want attention and publicity in recent years, so it seems better for Doutzen to become more active on Instagram and promote her work/comeback.

By the way, that Calvin Klein Eternity campaign is the most beautiful & elegant Eternity campaign ever created. It reminds me of the Blue Lagoon movie with Brooke Shields...but with clothes on.

On 3/13/2024 at 3:31 PM, Hollander said:

A month and a half ago, the first work was published, but now a month and a half later, there is still no solo comeback project or cosmetics campaign. I hope she will return to the L'Oréal family (that's how they called eachother), but so far it remains quiet. I am surprised that she has not booked any solo magazine covers yet and she remains completely silent on social media! Clients want attention and publicity in recent years, so it seems better for Doutzen to become more active on Instagram and promote her work/comeback.

By the way, that Calvin Klein Eternity campaign is the most beautiful & elegant Eternity campaign ever created. It reminds me of the Blue Lagoon movie with Brooke Shields...but with clothes on.

May I ask why you seem more upset about her not working than Doutzen is? She worked non stop for many years, earned a ton of money, seems happy and has been living a peaceful life with her family. Is that not enough? 

edit: typo

Edited by *Luna*

23 minutes ago, *Luna* said:

May I ask why you seem more upset about her not working than Doutzen is? She worked non stop for many years, earned a ton of money, seems happy and has been living a peaceful life with her family. Is not that enough? 

Thank you for saying that. I had an impression that all people here have a lot of dramatic issues with other people's personal lives...lok

She is working on her comeback, but she is not (yet) getting major solo projects.

Working non stop? I don't know what that means to you, but she has NOT been working non stop since she had her first child in 2011. If you followed her career like I do, you would know better. Her agency arranged her work in such a way that she did not have to work non stop, for example by working 3-5 days in NY and doing multiple shoots on those days, followed by 3 weeks at home.

Of course, she said she was very happy with her life during that shitty Corona period/losing friendships in the industry and didn't want to be a part of the modeling industry anymore. However, it is clear that she was not as happy as she claimed, as she is now returning as a model. 

She wasn't feeling well mentally (lots of meditation + healing vacations for her traumas), and she felt like the whole world was against her.

She lived for years like a recluse, her manager (Sarah Keller) from day 1/one of her best friends got cancer and didn't receive fast treatment due to the priority given to COVID-19, and shortly after passed away because she was out of treatment options. Shortly after, her father suddenly passing away.

The ideal world she would like to live in is just simply not realistic, and while she could live as a recluse to avoid reality, it wouldn't make her happy. It's just a waste of life.

If she shares her story with people, clients, or in an interview, people will have a better understanding of her...instead of calling her hypocrite for returning as model.

22 hours ago, Hollander said:

She is working on her comeback, but she is not (yet) getting major solo projects.

Working non stop? I don't know what that means to you, but she has NOT been working non stop since she had her first child in 2011. If you followed her career like I do, you would know better. Her agency arranged her work in such a way that she did not have to work non stop, for example by working 3-5 days in NY and doing multiple shoots on those days, followed by 3 weeks at home.

Of course, she said she was very happy with her life during that shitty Corona period/losing friendships in the industry and didn't want to be a part of the modeling industry anymore. However, it is clear that she was not as happy as she claimed, as she is now returning as a model. 

She wasn't feeling well mentally (lots of meditation + healing vacations for her traumas), and she felt like the whole world was against her.

She lived for years like a recluse, her manager (Sarah Keller) from day 1/one of her best friends got cancer and didn't receive fast treatment due to the priority given to COVID-19, and shortly after passed away because she was out of treatment options. Shortly after, her father suddenly passing away.

The ideal world she would like to live in is just simply not realistic, and while she could live as a recluse to avoid reality, it wouldn't make her happy. It's just a waste of life.

If she shares her story with people, clients, or in an interview, people will have a better understanding of her...instead of calling her hypocrite for returning as model.

With all due respect, how do you know what I know? You seem to believe you’re the expert on not only her career and the inner workings of the industry as well, but even my knowledge? Interesting. I didn’t know you could read minds! I don’t know where you suddenly got the year 2011 — I never said she worked non stop after having her 1st child. She started working in 2003 and absolutely worked non stop from then on, as per her own words in many videos. If you were the expert on Doutzen like you carry yourself to be then shouldn’t you know that?

I also don’t think you can decide whether or not she wasn’t “as happy as she claimed.” Unless she told you this herself (which I highly doubt) I’ll choose to keep an open mind and actually listen to her and what she herself says instead of taking your word for it. It’s not because she decided to cut back work and not go along with what went on in the world back then, that she suddenly regrets her choices or that she isn’t happy. Life doesn’t have to be “either this or that”. Her deciding to slow down after yes, years of non stop work and a career spanning 2 DECADES, isn’t wrong. She’s a mother and children need their mother which is something she clearly understands.

With all that said, as I’v already mentioned before you seem so bothered by what she does or doesn’t do it and it’s a bit alarming really. Live and let live. Doutzen isn’t here on this planet to please you and do as you wish. She’s not here to continue working until you decide enough is enough.

Halleluja....thank you again for these words, everything was on point. I have been a fan and collector of her work for years and i am sure she is very very happy despite all weird opinions expressed here. Models usually have short careers, but top models(who she clearly is) can have much longer ones and she had it. And still having it from time to time. She does not need to work and she clearly is a very intelligent individual and knows perfectly well what industries are all about and especially her reaction to the corona circus(which prooves again she is wise and consious), also having a big family....so we can not expect her to keep working. It is HER choice. She can model anytime if she wants. She simply does not need it or wants to waste time with noncense.

3 hours ago, radolgc said:

Halleluja....thank you again for these words, everything was on point. I have been a fan and collector of her work for years and i am sure she is very very happy despite all weird opinions expressed here. Models usually have short careers, but top models(who she clearly is) can have much longer ones and she had it. And still having it from time to time. She does not need to work and she clearly is a very intelligent individual and knows perfectly well what industries are all about and especially her reaction to the corona circus(which prooves again she is wise and consious), also having a big family....so we can not expect her to keep working. It is HER choice. She can model anytime if she wants. She simply does not need it or wants to waste time with noncense.

Perfectly said :)