Bellazon

Doutzen Kroes
Thumbnail

azkid

Her photos for Victoria's Secret in 2024 do nothing for me. Not sexy. The photo is kinda boring and perhaps she doesn't have enough body fat in her breasts to make really beautiful lingerie photos. 

(my opinion 😉)

-----------------------------------------

There is a small misunderstanding regarding non-stop working. I thought you were talking about working full time. She worked full time from 2005 to 2010 because she got pregnant in 2010 and became a mother in 2011, so she started working less. In 2003 and 2004, she never worked non-stop because she hardly got any work offered during that time (nobody wanted to work with her because she was too pretty for fashion/commercial looking and that diverted attention from the clothing, and because the alien look/skinny size zero was trendy back then) and her agency was very selective and even refused commercial work like a Guess campaign. During the period of 2003 and 2004, she went many months without income while still receiving bills.

But since she had kids, her agency arranges work for her in a way that she doesn't have to be away from home too much because she has young children. For example, she may work 3-5 days and then be at home for 3 weeks. The misunderstanding is that when she works 3-5 days, she does indeed work non-stop. That's why you hear Doutzen say non-stop working in interviews. But she hasn't been working full time since her pregnancy in 2010.

If you have a little bit of people knowledge, I don't have to explain to you that happy people don't go on vacation(s) specifically for trauma healings, for example.

I can make a list of examples showing that Doutzen was not really happy during that period (during that period when she was having a sabbatical), as she presented herself, but I don't feel like typing and going through all that hassle all over again!

I am pleased with the client list (D La Repubblica, Vogue UK, Vogue US, VS, Chloé show) she has been working for since her comeback. That list is impressive. My only complaint is about the quality she delivers for certain shoots (VS and Vogue UK/US), and that up to now she has not done any solo work, while most models of her level get a big solo project during their comeback, like a major magazine cover/campaign.

(It's my opinion and my complaint. You don't have to agree with me, and that's okay ...  no hard feelings)

On 3/16/2024 at 12:16 AM, Hollander said:

Her photos for Victoria's Secret in 2024 do nothing for me. Not sexy. The photo is kinda boring and perhaps she doesn't have enough body fat in her breasts to make really beautiful lingerie photos. 

(my opinion 😉)

-----------------------------------------

There is a small misunderstanding regarding non-stop working. I thought you were talking about working full time. She worked full time from 2005 to 2010 because she got pregnant in 2010 and became a mother in 2011, so she started working less. In 2003 and 2004, she never worked non-stop because she hardly got any work offered during that time (nobody wanted to work with her because she was too pretty for fashion/commercial looking and that diverted attention from the clothing, and because the alien look/skinny size zero was trendy back then) and her agency was very selective and even refused commercial work like a Guess campaign. During the period of 2003 and 2004, she went many months without income while still receiving bills.

But since she had kids, her agency arranges work for her in a way that she doesn't have to be away from home too much because she has young children. For example, she may work 3-5 days and then be at home for 3 weeks. The misunderstanding is that when she works 3-5 days, she does indeed work non-stop. That's why you hear Doutzen say non-stop working in interviews. But she hasn't been working full time since her pregnancy in 2010.

If you have a little bit of people knowledge, I don't have to explain to you that happy people don't go on vacation(s) specifically for trauma healings, for example.

I can make a list of examples showing that Doutzen was not really happy during that period (during that period when she was having a sabbatical), as she presented herself, but I don't feel like typing and going through all that hassle all over again!

I am pleased with the client list (D La Repubblica, Vogue UK, Vogue US, VS, Chloé show) she has been working for since her comeback. That list is impressive. My only complaint is about the quality she delivers for certain shoots (VS and Vogue UK/US), and that up to now she has not done any solo work, while most models of her level get a big solo project during their comeback, like a major magazine cover/campaign.

(It's my opinion and my complaint. You don't have to agree with me, and that's okay ...  no hard feelings)

Absolutely, both of us are entitled to have our own opinion and if you don’t like the way she looks now, that’s your opinion. I do find it a bit ironic though how you have a “holier than thou” attitude and are insinuating that because I don’t go along with what you’re saying, I must not have “people knowledge”. Yet, if you had some knowledge about bodies, women’s bodies in this case, you wouldn’t make these remarks and especially not with the words you use either. I’m guessing you’re not a woman because I’ve never in my life heard another woman describe Doutzen the way you have in the past and now.

Again I ask you, how are you certain she isn’t or wasn’t happy? Do you know her personally? Did she tell you? Are you her family? I’m guessing… No. You saying “She’s not happy!” isn’t automatically true JUST because you personally are under the impression that she isn’t happy. You are allowed to think that she isn’t happy, but that doesn’t make it true. It doesn’t matter if you’ve been a fan of hers for 20+ years or 2 days either tbh. Being the former doesn’t suddenly make one an expert on the person. I look quite somber in my day to day life and share my happiness behind closed doors instead of screaming and laughing out loud 24/7/actively showing it to people I don’t know. Many people would probably think me to be unhappy as well if they saw me, but again, you don’t know how happy or unhappy someone truly is at the end of the day. Only the person in question knows. Perhaps people who are very close to them as well. But not people on the internet. Have a good day. 

30 minutes ago, Hollander said:

I just wanted to let you know that I wish you a wonderful day and I wish you much wisdom in the future.

End of discussion.

Pffff, you are very rude and arogant writing such things. I hope there are admins who can give you some wisdom, cause you clearly need a lot of it

18 hours ago, Hollander said:

Thanks for posting!! How on earth did you find those photos of her?

You're welcome! I'm a bit of an archivist. :) I like collecting old runway shows and sometimes I occasionally share my loot here and there. :) 

Another unposted designer - Preen FW 2004:
Preen2004WomenFW10.thumb.jpg.3fd5aeb628cae3cac5342989d731730d.jpg Preen2004WomenFW11.thumb.jpg.afe856e2e33cf37f159075f8a7a49405.jpg Preen2004WomenFW33.thumb.jpg.c9f8a309e412f89a452539d30cada6a0.jpg Preen2004WomenFW34.thumb.jpg.e85f379986f1b16cf6e1db6b926dbf06.jpg Preen2004WomenFW35.thumb.jpg.43d996c1fb340eb86b565beabc84e023.jpg

That photo has been literally posted multiple times and it's also posted on this page.

I hope we get to see a new shoot this month. The last photoshoot was already 2 months ago (the first week of February) and after that comeback, it has been completely quiet, except for a Chloé show (also in February).

--------

I wish someone had this SEXY photo in a higher resolution.

Screenshot_20240405_233623_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.f6136e8cdee84aafa2454e0cce63225b.jpg

Fall/Winter 2005 campaign: HUGO BY HUGO BOSS 

Advertising Agency: In-House

Photographer: Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Model: Doutzen Kroes

Art Direction: Marc Ascoli/ ATELIER 32

Stylist: Katie Grand

Hair Stylist: Luigi Murenu

Make-Up Artist: Charlotte Tilbury