Jump to content

Krissy Taylor


Recommended Posts

Kristen Erin Taylor (born May 15, 1978 in South Miami, Florida; died July 2, 1995) was the youngest member of the Taylor family. Until the time of her death, she lived in South Florida with her family, consisting of Mom (Barbara), Dad (Ken) and sisters Joelle and Nicole. Growing up, she was an active visitor of the local roller-skating rink, a mascot and then cheerleader for the Optimist Club of North Dade, and from there her next activity was that of a fashion model, which started at the age of 13. When Krissy first began attracting attention from the public, it was largely because she was Niki Taylor's younger sister. Three years after her first photo shoot, however, she had emerged from her sister's shadow and had begun to cast one of her own (measuring 6 feet).

Early life

Early on, Krissy would go to shoots with Niki, and the clients and photographers took notice of her. They began to include her in photos with Niki, and even though they had very different personalities, their "look" seemed to go well together. In Milan, Italy, Krissy went to some of Niki's castings for the Fall shows and the designers ended up fitting her, too. She was on the runways in Milan at 13, an amazing feat for a newcomer. After that, Krissy began getting calls to work solo.


Krissy was working up an impressive r


Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Niki Taylor found Krissy Taylor lying unconscious on the floor of their family's home in Florida on July 2, 1995. She tried using CPR to revive her but failed, so she called for an ambulance. Krissy Taylor was pronounced dead following another failed attempt to resuscitate her.

Taylor was known to have had allergies that congested her upper respiratory system and she used Primatene, an over-the-counter inhaler, to combat shortness of breath. While the epinephrine it contains can cause cardiac arrhythmia, it was impossible to prove she had taken any just prior to her death.

The official cause of death was an acute asthma attack complicated by sudden cardiac arrhythmia. However, she had no prior history of asthma, and no symptoms of a heart condition. Uncertain of the medical examiner's diagnosis, the Taylor family hired independent experts to study tissue samples of Taylor's heart muscle, and concluded that the more likely cause of her death was a rare cardiac disease called arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia. Taylor’s mother is now involved with the Cardiac Arrythmias Research and Education (CARE) Foundation


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...