Bellazon

Last year is a proof that a good agent can do anything. She was for years just swiming suit kind of model and suddently in a year she is everywhere getting the best jobs, walking the best runways. Bravo! I like more and more visiting this thread:)

01.jpg 

TOP MODEL SECRETS
IRINA SHAYK LOVES FETTY WAP AND BEING BORING
This Russian super beauty prefers quiet nights on the sofa. Read on as Irina Shayks reveals everything from her work out routine to her love for trap music.

PHOTO: VIKTOR FLUMÉ/HALL&LUNDGREN CREATIVE MANAGEMENT

Irina Shayk’s journey from rural Russia to super stardom is one of fashion’s most extraordinary tales. Shayk grew up in Yemanzhelinsk, a remote industrial town, with her father who was a coal miner and her mother, a piano teacher. Encouraged by her mother, Shayk played the piano (she went to music school for seven years) and grew vegetables in the garden to help put food on the table. After high school, her older sister went to beauty school – and by chance, there was a modelling agency next door. The same agent who discovered Natalia Vodianova spotted Irina Shayk waiting for her sister, and after a couple of months' persuasion, Irina Shayk went to Paris to start her career. 

And here we are now, almost a decade and several covers, campaigns and catwalk shows later. Irina Shayk’s time in the public eye has also seen a couple of high profile relationships (you might remember her Vogue cover with ex boyfriend Cristiano Ronaldo) a Hollywood gig alongside Dwayne Johnson (Hercules, 2014) and a Kanye West video (Power, 2010). 

And we still can’t get enough of this beautiful Dostoyevsky lover – so we had to ask her to share her top model secrets. Keep scrolling!

MY FAVOURITE PHOTOGRAPHER IS...
”It's hard to choose just one... I've worked with some incredible photographers such as Mario Testino, and Mert and Marcus. But of course, I love the legends like Helmut Newton and Steven Meisel.”

IN MY CAREER, I AM MOST PROUD OF…
”The fact that I've been able to cross over from swim wear to high fashion, and work with the best from both worlds. I'm happy to be a part of the handful of girls who've done everything from Sports Illustrated, to Givenchy runway shows. I'm extremely lucky for all these opportunities, but of course it takes a lot from my end and I'm proud of the work ethic, and enthusiasm I bring to each job.”

MY MOST MEMORABLE SHOOT AND SHOW WAS...
”I think the shoot that stands out for me amongst others, is my first big fashion shoot, with the iconic Carlyne Cerf De Dudzeele, and Mario Testino. I felt that I was finally working with people who understood my look, and captured me in the right way.”

”For the show, it was the first time walking a high fashion runway. I did a Givenchy exclusive, with Luigi Murenu on hair... He turned my hair into pink flowers. It was such a transformation, and such great energy that day! I've had the pleasure of working with Riccardo Tisci continuously since then.. It's always a memorable experience to be a part of his creative vision and family.”

THE SONG/ARTIST WHO ALWAYS GETS ME GOING AT A SHOOT IS...
”Oh my god there are so many! I love hip hop and r’n’b, at the moment I'm listening to a lot of Fetty Wap.”

MY CREATIVE OUTLET IS...
”Being on set is a very creative process, which I love. I get to work with so many visionaries, and artists, whose visions I bring to life through what I do.”

MY MODEL ICON IS...
”It's cliche, but I have to say the Trinity – Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista and Christy Turlington.”

MY BEAUTY SECRET IS...
”Sleep! I try to get at least eight hours. And relaxation... I take myself to the spa regularly, and unwind.”

I KEEP IN SHAPE BY…
”Maintaining a really healthy, balanced lifestyle – when I can! I pretty much eat what I want, but I also work out: Pilates, Boxing, Jujitsu. I try to vary my classes, so I don't get bored.”

FOR A QUICK HAIR FIX, I...
”Put my hair in a bun, or pony tail. I like to be comfortable!”

MY DE-STRESS TRICK IS...
”I visit this one Russian spa in New York on Fulton Street. They're incredible, always leaves me feeling amazing.”

MY SECRET TALENT IS…
”Music. I went to music school for seven years and have played piano my whole life.”

I SMELL LIKE...
”I dunno haha… Irina Shayk!?”

MY FAVOURITE OFF DUTY LOOK IS...
”Casual chic. I have some really nice items in my wardrobe that I like to mix with high street too. It's whatever I'm comfortable in, and reflects my mood for the day.”

RIGHT NOW, I AM OBSESSED WITH...
”Documentaries! My favourite is Facing Ali. |Muhammed Ali] is the greatest.”

THE BEST BEAUTY TIP I’VE EVER RECEIVED IS…
”From my grandmother – 'Less is More'!”

MY FAVOURITE HOTEL IS….
”The Brando hotel in Tahiti.”

MY FAVOURITE RESTAURANT IS...
”Nobu. I can literally eat there 24/7.”

FOR BREAKFAST, I ALWAYS HAVE…
”At home, eggs, bacon, glory tomatoes… or when in Europe maybe croissant and tea. It depends where I am, but I never skip breakfast!”

FOR A LONG FLIGHT, I ALWAYS PACK…
”My L’Oréal lipstick and lip balm to keep my lips moist.”

WHEN I HAVE SOME FREE TIME, I…
”I don't get a lot of free time, but when I do it's usually sleep, eat and watch movies! I'm a home body, and love to be boring haha!”

THE BEST ADVICE I’VE EVER RECEIVED IS...
”Be honest to yourself, be nice to other people and never take yourself too seriously.”

MY FAVOURITE THING TO SHOP WHEN I AM AWAY IS...
”Everything! But I try to be disciplined too.”

BEING A MODEL, I’VE LEARNT...
”What I've learned is you need to have thick skin, never take anything personally and value loyalty. It's also about having the right management, and someone who's behind you and understands your look. There are times when it can be really challenging, but that's the same with anything in life... You keep on pushing!”

POST-MODELLING, I WOULD LIKE TO...
”Take a few years to enjoy my life and travel for pleasure, not work! I also plan on expanding my charity work, and exploring other ways I can contribute to the world.”

MY FAVOURITE TV SHOW IS...
”Scandal.”

RIGHT NOW, I AM READING…
”Black Flags: The Rise of ISIS by Joby Warrick.”

MY GOAL IN LIFE IS...
”To be present, happy and healthy each day I'm alive.”

hm

On Thursday, February 25, 2016 at 11:25 AM, jj3 said:

Self Service Magazine n°44
Irina Shayk wears a white fox fur coat, Sprung Frères. Gold-and-diamond earrings, Stone. Gold ring, Repossi. Gold necklace, Vintage.
Photography by Ezra Petronio, Styling by Ondine Azoulay, Casting by Claire Thomson-Jonville, Hair by David Delicourt, Make Up by Marion Robine.

:o

13 hours ago, LilMatty said:

Cooper is 42.. I wonder if they are going to have kid soon?

He is 41. 

I'd love to see her pregnant but I doubt that will happen anytime soon. She was 5 years with her ex and didnt get pregnant so I dont think she wants babies right now...maybe in 3 or 4 years.