Bellazon

Her involvement leaves me a bit with a bad taste in my mouth.

The Sochi Olympics have a bad connotation in terms of human rights and especially the treatment of the LGBT community.

Someone who owes much of her wealth and fortune to the fashion industry should not allow herself to be used as a propaganda vessel for that government.

The Sochi Olympics have a bad connotation in terms of human rights and especially the treatment of the LGBT community.

Someone who owes much of her wealth and fortune to the fashion industry should not allow herself to be used as a propaganda vessel for that government.

Sorry SympathysSilhouette and sorry for my english. I don't know what you're talking about. The only reason Irina is there is that Olympics in her own country happens once in the life time and it's huge honor to represent the country she was born and it's nothing has to do with stupid politics or her modeling career. :)

F_ck the politics & just enjoy sport.

I'm sorry, but I find very little stupid or boring about politics that exist solely to deny a certain group of people their right to exist.

I also don't think I'm saying anything earth-shattering by mentioning that the fashion industry owes much to gay people, or that members of the LGBT community are very well represented in it.

So if I were a gay designer, model, photographer, stylist, ... who has worked with Irina in the past and I see her representing a regime that denies my sexual preference even should exist, I might take some offense.

As for the second part of your statement, that is exactly what Putin is hoping for, but will not get. Thankfully.

Irina looked like a queen, I'm glad she did this, she was so elegant and beautiful.

All governments are corrupt so there's should be no finger pointing (we should all know that by now), a person has a right to chose what it wants and no one can tell them 'you have to accept LGBT'. We all come from different backgrounds with different ideas. Peace :)

Irina looked like a queen, I'm glad she did this, she was so elegant and beautiful.

All governments are corrupt so there's should be no finger pointing (we should all know that by now), a person has a right to chose what it wants and no one can tell them 'you have to accept LGBT'. We all come from different backgrounds with different ideas. Peace :)

I'm not going to list the tens of millions of lives lost due to that type of reasoning. There absolutely should be finger-pointing (as much as possible) when a regime targets a minority.