Bellazon

Problems and Suggestions for BZ - Post Here

Joe > Average

On 5/26/2018 at 8:54 PM, toodarnhot said:

Was going to say the same thing. It's been slow since the update, same for editing a post. 

On 5/26/2018 at 1:13 PM, Sanni said:

I think ever since the update, when I hit “submit reply,” it says “saving” quite a while before the reply is posted on a thread.

22 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

And it’s causing me to double post. I edit them and it won’t accept text in the post. So if y’all can just delete out my two blanks on the I’m thinking about thread. 

Ill see what I can do :yes:

@maddog107

I love the new video embedding feature! At the moment the embeddings are shown in their original size (quite big).

May I suggest for a future update the ability to downsize the video frame with a double click like we can do with images and maybe be able to post videos next to each other like images so they don't take up a whole "very tall" column/line, that'd be awesome, thanks :)

size.thumb.jpg.fb0974926dbded03ace0300eba09f168.jpg

3 hours ago, Charlie's Alter Ego said:

Images now get heavily compressed by BZ... that's sad :cry:

2 hours ago, elfstone said:

By one third or more, I just checked :oh_no:

hmm weird, I just checked and the Imagemagick setting is still at 90% compression (almost untouched). I just bumped it to 95% can you try again?

54 minutes ago, Charlie's Alter Ego said:

See screenshot below: 01.jpg & 02.jpg are the originals I uploaded

01.jpg.43268d0cd7c59d501059e0a9858442ee.jpg & 02.jpg.18dcdb2d9671b4c6bb16f7d83a5393a2.jpg

are the uploaded images I redownloaded from Bellazon... the images are now 65% smaller. Only about a third of the original image is left...

Altering images is just wrong. Frankly I don't see why I should upload anymore images when they're altered... :(

00.png.04b859ce521c5cbdd68488c73ed7b2f5.png

I saw this before the update too. I think that has got to do with the embeddings not being finished loading before you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

Embeddings (Youtube, Vimeo, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram Bellazon etc.) load very slowly and when you hit "Submit Reply" before the embedding

is finished loading it looks like in your example...

Unrelated, are you setting your posts as NSFW? I am wondering why they are all getting flagged or if there is a bug in the NSFW system. Let me know, thanks. 

On 5/26/2018 at 8:55 AM, super_fine_flour said:

Hi there, after the update yesterday, some of the videos have gone out of shape.

used to be like this

1932046264_ScreenShot2018-05-26before.thumb.png.55809b0c340b6499c7c9acbc9dee92bf.png

now it stretches wide and became shorter too, also covering up the text in the same post

1665904816_ScreenShot2018-05-26after.thumb.png.de6f0ab9e92eb31fe03092b55ee73ba9.png

can you please provide a link? thx

16 minutes ago, maddog107 said:

hmm weird, I just checked and the Imagemagick setting is still at 90% compression (almost untouched). I just bumped it to 95% can you try again?

Here's a photo from a set that I uploaded a few hours ago.

https://images.freepeople.com/is/image/FreePeople/45143989_095_c?scl=1

https://www.bellazon.com/main/uploads/monthly_2018_05/45143989_095_c.jpg.0b79106cff67bc3a0a9b60e226d40252.jpg

6 minutes ago, elfstone said:

Yea so I opened it in two different tabs and switched between then and I do not notice a difference. Yet its significantly smaller which makes it significantly less expensive for bandwdith and allows more people with slow connections to be able to see the pictures. There is no real downside unless you are using them for print. 

9 minutes ago, super_fine_flour said:

Here's an example, https://www.bellazon.com/main/topic/36417-edie-campbell/?page=24

There are more pages like these with the odd size videos. 

On the same page:

Posts 3, 4, 8, 12, 13, 14 - the odd size videos

Posts 16, 17 - the usual size videos

Did you only notice the issue on really old posts? When we upgraded from v2 -> v3 of the forum we had this youtube issue and we fixed as many as we could but this could be from that (since the posts are 2016). I am not sure what we can do about that since we already did as much as we could. If its 2018 posts then maybe thats something we can try to resolve. Let me know if there are newer ones that are affected. Thanks. :flower:

2 hours ago, Charlie's Alter Ego said:

I saw this before the update too. I think that has got to do with the embeddings not being finished loading before you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

Embeddings (Youtube, Vimeo, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram Bellazon etc.) load very slowly and when you hit "Submit Reply" before the embedding

is finished loading it looks like in your example...

5 minutes ago, maddog107 said:

Did you only notice the issue on really old posts? When we upgraded from v2 -> v3 of the forum we had this youtube issue and we fixed as many as we could but this could be from that (since the posts are 2016). I am not sure what we can do about that since we already did as much as we could. If its 2018 posts then maybe thats something we can try to resolve. Let me know if there are newer ones that are affected. Thanks. :flower:

Thanks for the explanations. 

Yes so far the issue was on the older posts, though I didn't check all the pages. The new videos uploaded are having no such problem.