Bellazon

Looks vs. Personality

Chicken

I know theese are old, but...

if a guy's really hot and has no personality i won't go out with him...okay, maybe :ninja: j/k :whistle: I need both to got out with a guy :p.

Oh please, stop kidding yourself, you so would go out with him. I believe the term is 'arm candy'.

just as long as the guy is strong and he can fight :/

I mean I don't want him to be stupid,just average is okay.

Why would you want that in a guy? Like, I mean, don't say in responce: "well, I don't want him to get beaten down in a fight" - surely you'd want a bf who doesn't get into fights in the first place, like most civilized people manage to?

I'm kinda seeing some girl right now, our meetings are usually centered around sex and stuff, we even talk frequently about sex - totally openly, without inhibitions. She has a nice personality, she's funny and all, but to be honest - she's not the prettiest girl around. And I've been having these doubts lately... I like her as a friend, but I wouldn't see myself in a relationship with her... Not necessarily just because of looks... But nevertheless, looks ARE a factor. She has chubby legs and thighs, a flat ass and, uhm, a mediocre face. And she seems to value our "relationship" too much. I told her that she can't expect anything serious from me, and I hope she still knows that, although we got intimate a few times and she's probably thinking that this must lead to a regular, committed relationship. But all I want is a casual relationship. So, it's not as simple as "I'd rather have an UGLY girl, but with braaainzzz"...

I know I probably sound totally rude, but the fact is that I can't neglect the physical aspect.

You actually sound totally sincere and honest, which is really rare as people try to beat about the bush too much these days, trying too hard not to offend anyone. I totally get where you're coming from with that girl you described though; I've had a few female friends like that in the past. Luckily everyone clings onto gender stereotypes like there's no tomorrow, thus giving you the power to decide whether to instigate a relationship or not.

I'm kinda seeing some girl right now, our meetings are usually centered around sex and stuff, we even talk frequently about sex - totally openly, without inhibitions. She has a nice personality, she's funny and all, but to be honest - she's not the prettiest girl around. And I've been having these doubts lately... I like her as a friend, but I wouldn't see myself in a relationship with her... Not necessarily just because of looks... But nevertheless, looks ARE a factor. She has chubby legs and thighs, a flat ass and, uhm, a mediocre face. And she seems to value our "relationship" too much. I told her that she can't expect anything serious from me, and I hope she still knows that, although we got intimate a few times and she's probably thinking that this must lead to a regular, committed relationship. But all I want is a casual relationship. So, it's not as simple as "I'd rather have an UGLY girl, but with braaainzzz"...

I know I probably sound totally rude, but the fact is that I can't neglect the physical aspect. I realize, though, that if she had a "better" personality (I mean, a bit closer to my sense of humor and less talkative at times), her looks wouldn't bother me that much. Probably.

Don't feel bad about. Looks do matter to a point, even for people that are Pro-personality. They can have the best personality ever, but if you can't...... because of looks, then I don't think you can really do anything about it. It's how you feel, don't worry. If you can't see you two in that way, you not gonna be able to do anything about it.

• 5 months later...

I am being honest.

Our eyes can confuse us into seeing something we really really like and find super attractive, but what's really past that? I don't think it's a good thing to be with someone purely if it's just physical. What happens beyond that, if those two find out they actually have nothing in common other then they like how each other look? For me a nice woman that I can sit down and enjoy spending time with her without feeling the need to do something sexual and have a wonderful time doing anything with her is what I find ideal.

Its an interresting question, because at face value it seems like an insult to me to say to a woman (or man on the opposite scenario) their looks are more important than who she is as a person. As a matter of fact, if you said to most people, "your looks matter more to me than who you are" they would probably be offended, at least I would.

But to me there's just absolutely no comparisson between looks and the value of who someone is as a person :) .

Its an interresting question, because at face value it seems like an insult to me to say to a woman (or man on the opposite scenario) their looks are more important than who she is as a person. As a matter of fact, if you said to most people, "your looks matter more to me than who you are" they would probably be offended, at least I would.

But to me there's just absolutely no comparisson between looks and the value of who someone is as a person :) .

Amen :)

As a matter of fact, if you said to most people, "your looks matter more to me than who you are" they would probably be offended, at least I would.

But at least they'd be saying you're attractive though. :p And good looks are all some people have to offer anyway. :ninja:

I keep telling my girlfriend how I love her looks. She's always smiling when I do that, but sometimes a question follows: "I hope it's not the only thing you like about me".

Sexy brainless girls are basically for getting laid. For a serious relationship, you need a person who is somewhat mentally compatible with you. Personality is crucial in long-term relationships.

looks dont always last forever

Personality does, and THAT might be a problem, too :whistle: :D

Not necessarily. Some events in your life can change your personality too.

Like mental breakdown or what?

Really... that's all you could come up with?

I really don't get people who are like: "Personality is more important because looks fade and clearly one's personality is the same throughout their life" - or who even make that implication. The whole statement simply isn't true.

Sure, a mental breakdown may change you, but that's the sort of thing that usually requires professional help to get you back to the person you were.

- The death of a family member, loved one or friend may change your outlook on life and give you a different perspective on things, thus changing your personality.

- You could be a shy person who meets some people who eventually become your friends and they naturally make you feel comfortable and you become more confident and open up to people.

- Things like gaining money and fame may change your personality. Equally, the loss of these things may change it too.

- You might witness a horrific event first hand that could change you as a person.

- The lessons we learn through life change us bit by bit as a person. You make a stupid mistake as a result of the way you exercise judgment about something, and usually you will learn from it and not do it again, thus changing you as a person slightly.

- You might spend time with someone - a partner for instance, who's personality rubs off on you. Maybe you become more generous as a result of watching them and talking to them.

There are so many things that can change you. Personality absolutely does not stick in 100% of people.