Bellazon

X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)

Jimmy Changa

hmm, but nothing beats Mystique and Rogue.. my favourites

but I'm actually not that into it, I just love the cartoon and so I like the movies.

You might be dissapointed :(

Just saw it, II story line was defiantly better then this one. III was visually stunning specially the end scene with Phoenix. Everything went to fast it seemed. I don't know I just thought the flow was off a little, defiantly lost some of that Singer spirit. Overall the acting was a little down from II, they could have done better. I thought the movie could have been amazing if they stretched it a little longer because it seemed short. Thank god for no corny one liners I still remember Storm from 1, "You know what happens to a toad when its struck by lightning, the same thing that happens to everything else" (laugh). But there is defiantly a bunch of ass kicking, some amazing cinematic scenes with the golden gate bridge, Alcatraz, and a car scene. I don't want to reveal anything about the movie give people a chance to see it, which yes I do recommend, I found it very entertaining.

Break down in point/emotion system: 7/10 :thumbsup:

Positive

Plus 3 to Phoenix :wub:

Plus 1 for Jackman :laugh:

Plus 1 for Angel :blush:

Plus 1 the ending :shock:

Plus 1 for sentinel head :p

Negative:

Minus 1 because it was short :(

Minus 1 because the characters scene transition was too fast :o

Minus 1 point for Magneto/Mystique ( You will se what I mean) :yuckky:

The young Archangel part is disturbing :|

It sucks what happens to Magneto and Mystique <_<

Phoenix just rocks :woot:

Storm & Callisto scene :thumbsup:

Golden Gate Bridge part :thumbsup:

Mystique being a smartass in that room was funny :laugh:

I hope they make an X-Men 4 *crosses fingers*

Well, Phoneix is the strongest X-Men and Famke kicks some serious ass :) , but why you crying Rogue :( did you see it? And found out what I meant by that or do you just need a :hug:

if you say Mystique did a "minus" that's a no no ...

I haven't seen it. It takes me a long while to see movies seeing as I don't like going to the movies.

I'm a renter... and a watch-it-off tv kinda girl...

Some smaples of reviews for those who don't look anywhere else :)

Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Eleanor Ringel Gillespie "Not Xceptional, but still quite entertaining." more... B-

Boston Globe

Wesley Morris "At a comparatively slender 108 minutes, the movie manages to cram in even more, without producing outrage at the short shrift some characters will get." more... B

Chicago Sun-Times

Roger Ebert "I liked the action, I liked the absurdity, I liked the incongruous use and misuse of mutant powers..." more... B

Chicago Tribune

Michael Wilmington "It's not stuporous, and it's not super." more... B-

E! Online "...Ratner sticks close to the look and feel of the first two, even while amping up the action with some spectacular set pieces..." more... A-

Entertainment Weekly

Lisa Schwarzbaum "This is interesting stuff. So why does The Last Stand feel driven to dumb itself down, as if embarrassed by its own ideas?" more... B-

filmcritic.com

Sean O'Connell "It's too much material for one movie. Last Stand has as many characters as a deck has cards." more... C

Hollywood Reporter

Michael Rechtshaffen "Super visual effects aside, the trilogy's final chapter is a pale mutation of its predecessors." more... C

New York Post

Lou Lumenick "The Last Stand isn't awful, but Ratner lacks Singer's subtlety and ability to cleanly navigate convoluted story lines crammed with super-powered characters." more... B-

New York Times

Manohla Dargis "...generically serviceable..." more... C

ReelViews

James Berardinelli "...the first blockbuster of the 2006 summer season that hasn't caused me to shake my head with disappointment." more... B

Rolling Stone

Peter Travers "...the third and weakest chapter in the X-Men series..." more... C

San Francisco Chronicle

Mick LaSalle "...a cut above the previous two X-Men movies in that it comes up with an arresting premise..." more... C

Seattle Post-Intelligencer

William Arnold "...an eye-filling fantasy extravaganza and a big crowd-pleaser." more... B

USA Today

Claudia Puig "...expands on the themes of discrimination and alienation explored in the first two films, and still retains the franchise's signature kick-butt action features." more... B-