Bellazon

Incredibly Important

AnaBBarrosFan

im TENN born and thats in the bible belt, and MOST women are VERY strong & out spoken about those views, BUT again im not from your state, SOOOOOOO i cant say.

Just because you're outspoken doesn't mean you are being a strong woman. If you allow what men want from you to affect your choices, then you might as well stay quiet and not say a word. That's the point. Having a strong opinion because it's yours is being 'strong'. Arguing your point, but believing in it solely because your party does, is not.

I dont allow what my hubby thinks to sway me, otherwise out marriage would be a HELL of alot smoother lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, I belive in what i do because I FEEL its right in my gut. Its my body HENCE MY Choice, and if someone asks me, i will speak with strong conviction because its HOW i belive. Because in reality my hubby belives the oppostie of me, and i dont look down becuase he does, BUT he DOES support that is MY decision.

im TENN born and thats in the bible belt, and MOST women are VERY strong & out spoken about those views, BUT again im not from your state, SOOOOOOO i cant say.

Just because you're outspoken doesn't mean you are being a strong woman. If you allow what men want from you to affect your choices, then you might as well stay quiet and not say a word. That's the point. Having a strong opinion because it's yours is being 'strong'. Arguing your point, but believing in it solely because your party does, is not.

I dont allow what my hubby thinks to sway me, otherwise out marriage would be a HELL of alot smoother lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, I belive in what i do because I FEEL its right in my gut. Its my body HENCE MY Choice, and if someone asks me, i will speak with strong conviction because its HOW i belive. Because in reality my hubby belives the oppostie of me, and i dont look down becuase he does, BUT he DOES support that is MY decision.

But that's you, and possibly the people are you, i don't doubt. My point is that an incredibly large amount of conservative women fall under that mentally submissive yet loud-mouthed category.

But more people will debate on who is the prettiest SI girl then even look at this

That genuinely upsets me. Oh yes, lets all talk about Kate Upton's tits and Irina's highlights... MEANWHILE, the government wants to keep you uneducated and poor. Yes this is a fashion forum, but honestly...

I hope we aren't the only three who responded to that petition

No, I signed it. I'm am just so tired of all the legislation trying to limit women's rights that has been going around lately. I can't even form a coherent response anymore.

Thank you for signing, I'm just as outraged and upset as you are.

I know for a fact that I've been spreading this around like crazy and getting it on other sites, too. I'm sure it's circulating, I'm not the only person doing this. :blush:

Well, I don't think that US politics hinges strongly on philosophical grounds- as the way issues go through has more do with the encouragement of various interests groups & their attempts at influencing people and decisions. Their perspectives and agendas are often complex and difficult for the immediate layperson (outside of trained political analysts) to really keep up. Anyway, the two main parties are not monoliths - they are much more decentralized than commonly believed and the political environment resembles something like a complex adaptive system. There are 310 million people in this country and the social diversity is rather immense.

Academics, left wing/right wing media, journalists, unions, military, business sectors & competitors and many other social groups or sub-groups possess their own agendas and various rice bowls. For instance, this particular issue features groups proclaiming that it is an important service while the others claim that it is decadent, and try to emphasize some of the darker (criminal, corruption, etc.) elements of its history. There's no such thing as a no-spin zone and their ability to rev up the rhetoric can be rather impressive.

I have difficulty giving the Republicans and Democrats much credibility- neither their leadership nor their ideologies nor their affiliated media network of journalists, talking heads, and academics nor their key sources of funding.

---

As for the conservatives' pro-life stance, they generally do benefit in terms of electorate if reproductive rates increase. Family formation tends to increase the numbers of conservatives and the de-funding of groups competing with them for funding is desirable for them.

And (often socially liberal) libertarians, who usually support Republicans by default, are interested in reducing the scope of government and transferring consumer markets into the private sector.

I used to be a proud Republican actually, but it's really hit me how anti-woman this party is. In fact, it's anti-everyone who isn't a rich white man.

I'm curious about this- what stances? I think that many of their ideological stances are harsh, and it seems incompatible to most women. In fact, I've rarely met Republican women.

The impression I get from the Republicans (East Coast) I have observed (and they are all men- usually White or Asian-American) is that their strongest views are not social or religious at all (in fact, many are socially liberal and nonreligious) but their support generally hinges toward their dislike of politicians (and wanting to deprive them of funding & power whenever they can), left wing anti-business measures, increased taxation & expanding Government.

Basically, their libertarianism is nearly the entire basis of their views. In fact, they're like most liberals, except they strongly disagree with their central planning- they do not trust politicians, left wing affiliated academics, higher taxes, and want increased top down power (govt) like liberals do. And Outside of normal republicans, those that are professional soldiers of course, will usually support Republicans.

I find that my personal contact with Republican types do not really match liberal funded media depictions as them being particularly anti-people or inhabiting some fringe groups.